New Tribe Suggestion Persians (Parthians or Sasanian)

• Hello :)

So this might look a little bit weird but this idea was in my head for a long time and I wanted to share it with the rest of the community and game developers/managers so it might be interesting for everyone else:)

Parthians started fighting the roman empire around 66 bc https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman%E2%80%93Persian_Wars

Both Parthians and the Sassanid empire that came after them were great empires of their time and had their own brilliant armies and strategies. You can read more about these empires in wikipedia or I can talk about them more if people like to hear about them. Both had a big area under control as you can see in the maps below.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parthia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sasanian_Empire

600px-Median_Empire.jpg375px-Sassanian_Empire_621_A.D.jpg

So I was thinking maybe in next versions of travian, there is a chance for these great empires to appear as a tribe!

So here are some general and quick suggestions for this tribe:

- This tribe main attribute can be "More Culture Points". this tribe hero can give a culture boost (maybe something like 10 CP per day for each hero level - this means an extra gladiator helmet at level 10. or 5 CP points per level that would mean an extra gladiator helmet at level 20)

My reason for suggesting that the main attribute of this tribe is because persian empire is known for its grand Architecture and Art, Music and Science before the fall of these empires.

persepolis.jpgCity of Persepolis

I have two suggestions for tribe special building :D

- Caravanserai : This building which was made in Persian empire roads - specially the Silk way, was a building made to act as a shelter for merchants and armies horses. This building in travian can be used for increasing Merchants speed. Trade office 10 and Stable 20 can be requirements of this building.

- Grand Palace: My suggestion is having one grand palace in one city (which will be the main capital) that is So expensive to build. This building can double the cp point the empire produces per day when its complete. a treasury 20 can be the requirement for this building. Grand palace can only be built in capital and its instead of residence/palace.

- Persian empire wall can be called "Divar" (Persian for wall) or "Brick Wall". This wall should cost a lot of break. Most frequent resources persians used for their architecture was mud and bricks so this fits well. This building can have a high defense bonus like romans and a medium strength like gauls. or if you want the wall to be weaker it can be similar to gauls. This is something that must be decided based on the troops.

- Troops:

((Infantry))

Medes troops: Medes was a clan in Iran which ruled before Archimedes Empire. These soldiers were using falchions; broad swords with a curved blade along one edge. The higher rank soldiers had spears, and had control of a little group/ were responsible to support the others from a longer distance. These troops can be normal in both defense and offense - expensive but not really good in either. I was thinking something like

Wood: 100/Clay: 150/Iron: 125/Crop: 30/Upkeep: 1/Speed: 7/ Attack: 30/Defense against infantry: 35/ Defense against cavalry: 35/ Loot: 50

Archers: Persian infintry were mostly equiped with bows. these guys can be the main persian defensive unit. with a high defense against cavalry specially - Something like phalanxes but more expensive. Something like

Wood: 125/Clay: 175/Iron: 55/Crop: 40/Upkeep: 1/Speed: 6/ Attack: 10/ Defense against infantry: 30/ Defense against cavalry: 55/ Loot: 25

Immortals: Persian Main army :D Immortals or as persians used to call them the "Amrtaka". This part of the army was always kept at full strength, drawing from the best available soldiers. At the heart of the Amrtaka were the Arstibara or “shield-bearers,” the elite of the elite. These were all Persians of high social rank, drawn from the rest of the Amrtaka to form the King’s private units. This guys can be a multi-use troop. A medium worse than imperians or bowmans offense with a better defense specially against infinitry. Also obv they should be expensive.

Wood: 175/Clay: 200/Iron: 125/Crop: 50/Upkeep: 1/Speed: 6/ Attack: 40/ Defense against infantry: 50/ Defense against cavalry: 40/ Loot: 35

((Cavalry))
    King’s ears: Persian spy network was known as "king's ears" was first made by Darius the great during Archimedes Empire so he could check on his Satraps to ensure they won't go rouge. This spies were fast and effiecient in gathering intel and used the Royal road to send this information to the capital. I'm thinking something like gaul spies with a better speed perhaps.

Parthians: Parthian horseback archers and their famous tactic of war "Parthian Shot" is well known. I was thinking main persian cavalry can be them. They have a medium attack and great defense against infintry and act bad in defense against cavalry.

Wood: 400/Clay: 475/Iron: 200/Crop: 60/Upkeep: 2/Attack: 80/ Defense against infantry: 110/ Defense against cavalry: 50/ Loot: 50

Scythed Chariots: The scythed chariot was pulled by a team of four horses and manned by a crew of up to three men, one driver and two warriors. Theoretically the scythed chariot would plow through infantry lines, cutting combatants in half or at least opening gaps in the line which could be exploited. It was difficult to get horses to charge into the tight phalanx formations of the Greek. The scythed chariot avoided this inherent problem for cavalry, by the scythe cutting into the formation, even when the horses avoided the men. A disciplined army could diverge as the chariot approached, and then re-form quickly behind it, allowing the chariot to pass without causing many casualties. This makes these chariots a good attack and defense against inf but bad for cavalry. I would say:

Wood: 550/ Clay: 650/ Iron: 610/ Crop: 220/Upkeep: 4/ Attack: 125/Defense against Infantry: 150/Defense against Cavalry: 110/Velocity: 10/Can carry: 80

They must have ram,catapult and settlers like all tribes :D

Satraps can act as Persian chiefs. These people were ruling a part of persian empire each, under the king supervision. They can be slow and bad in their job (cause of the corruption of the empire and how lazy these satraps usually were) which is to nerf their faster cp production.

Please tell me what do you think about this :D

I actually have few ideas for britain and greek as well I will talk about them later when I have time :)

Is it so far from madness to wisdom?

COLLECTIONS.png

• I love the amount of research you put into this. Bravo!

And, it's a very interesting addition. Having a tribe focus mainly on CP. Did the Persians have a special type of rams or cats that they used? Like their scouts for example.

I like this idea. I'd very much like to hear what HQ thinks about this.

Dead. Everyone's dead.

As4 - Apocalypse

• Glad you liked it!

regarding artillery, original persian clans usually didn't use artillery tools for their major wars because they preferred to trap their enemies and fighting them in open areas as they had better cavalry and their troops were more efficient in open areas.

Though persians used Moving towers for entering cities with huge walls and used greek rams when they were attacking the greek cities in Turkey and duplicated that technology and used it in egypt too.

Persian Catapults were made by the greek part of their empire mainly and they nearly never used them in any major fights.

Beside setting Athens on fire (which was abandened before persian army reached there) they never tried to demolish a city when sieging it.

COLLECTIONS.png

• hmmm... maybe the new tribe should be the tribe that destroyed the persian empire in all wars they gave....?

Greeks from the city state of athens won darius at 490, greeks united won xerxes at 480... and they completely destroyed the persian empire united under alexander the great from the city state of makedonia...

• That is simply wrong history. Darius and his son fought greece and had wins and looses. A long time after that Alexander from Macedonia attacked Darius the third only to destroy the Achaemenid Empire. After Alexander short death, a Greece empire named Seleucid Empire took over persia. Parthians rebeled against them and took back all the persia and nearly remade the old big empire. Seleucid Empire time was really short, Parthian and Sassanid (who took over after parths) ruled persia for a long time.

Roman empire happened nearly at the same time of the Parthian empire.

Parths and Sassanid won every single war against the roman empire.

Edit: To clarify What I suggested here is for the entire persian civilization and all the three empires not just Achaemenid Empire.

As I said I have suggestions for greece and britain tribes too :D

COLLECTIONS.png

Post was edited 1 time, last by Frozen Angel ().

• Well winning some battles but losing the war.... means you are defeated. The greek from the city state of makedonia Alexander just after sth more than a century copletely destroyed ALL the persian empire pls check the maps... And the seleucid empire ruled all that area in asia from 312-64bc... almost 3 centuries isnt exactly short time!!

where is the wrong history? sent me the links saying sth else...

• Greek would be fun to see. Spartan infantry would make Imperians look like a joke. ^^

• No No! I agree with you that greece won the war from both Darius and his son. And I just said it too Alexander destroyed the Achaemenid Empire. These events were all happeneding before the tims span of Travian Tribes though. there was no roman empire at this time.

Parthians Took control of the persia at 247 bc till 224 AD. though at first the area under their infeluence was really small,they won the rebelian and wars repeatedly and destroyed the Seleucid Empire. This is when Parthian wars vs Roman wars happened. People even call parths the romans archenemies as they didn't loose any wars against them.

Sassanid empire took over persia with a rebelian at 224 AD.

I didn't mean to offend greece by suggesting what I think about Persians :D again I have ideas for greek tribe too. I'm just half french half Iranian and I wanted to talk about my tribe idea in here.

Did you like the stuff I mentioned like the CP boost and the special buildings I pointed out or not? can you talk about these stuff instead of what country was better in ancient times :D (Clearly the answer to that is persia but yeah :P)

COLLECTIONS.png

• yes it would be nice to see all ancient ''tribes'' in travian... i would also like to see chinese, greeks, and why not the persians :)

• I'd love to see a chinese tribe .. I've been reading up on chinese history this past month. I love the story of the unification and all the great generals and the creative wars that happened.

Dead. Everyone's dead.

As4 - Apocalypse

• I really like to see more tribes and them too. Issue with including Chinese in this is the time span and the location span. The travian is clearly about the roman empire and the factions they fought against during their time. They just never got engaged with china and china didn't engage with them,

I think it was the han empire that was ruling in china during this period - if I'm not mistaking.

COLLECTIONS.png

• Slavic tribe. :S

Special buildings:
    Winery
    Brewery

Distillery

Activate all at once for 50% off bonus, but your troops might end up attacking the wrong village. :D

• How would you summarize the features of the Persians? For example:

Teuts:

Wall: Low def, highest durability

Cheapest troops (mostly infantry)

Slow Merchants, High Capacity

Quickest troop rebuild

Efficient anti-cavalry defense

..And that is the Final Word.

• I would say:

- Hero bonus: Culture points

- Special buildings: either Caravanserai - increasing merchants speed / Grand palace: very expensive and unique building instead of palace can only built in capital, requires treassury 20, at maximum level duplicates the culture point production.

- Wall: Medium or High def, Medium or low durability (need to be adjusted based on troops)

- Very Expensive troops with high train time.

- Medium in attacking, Medium in defending

- Their cavalry is better defense against infintry, their infitry is medium or good defense against cavalry

- Bad raiders

- Slow speed merchants with medium starting capacity

Edit: Also slow and not convincing chief + expensive ballistia if they use the grand palace

I think because they can make so much extra cp later in game, they should get nerfed a bit by making their chiefing or catings harder. for their chiefs (I suggest to call them Satraps) I would say 20 to 25% in each go but they must be slower like 3 tiles per hour.

COLLECTIONS.png

• Templar Knight just tagging you to make sure this amazing new tribe idea gets added to your weekly report, since different domain CMs aren’t allowed to talk with each other.

• Woah this tribe has too many nerfs in an attempt to balance increased CP production. Expensive troops, long training time, slow, poor catapults and chiefs.

But I like the amount of thought that has gone into it. Travian should definitely look into it.

• If path to pandora way of things stand, this tribe can make the best capital because of the special palace which will be like mini wonders as its so expensive and important building.

Regardless this tribe can make one of the best resource hubs between tribes cause of fast merchants. That will allow them to support the alliance and get stuff going.

If one makes a persian capial with a good grand palace they can have a lot of villages specailly in late game which I think makes this very intresting in current travian meta

Also we certainly lack tribes with good capitals. only teuton capital for brewery and egyptian capital for the extra res are the options atm. I think this will be an intresting addition.

COLLECTIONS.png