The WW thread - com1

• respect from the goats community. Some of us knew mike very well. This is a tragedy for us.

The Goats have decided to bestow a wonder in his name aswell.

R.I.P Mike, we miss your energy. But we hope the new place is more fun for you.

Com4(2018-19) - The Force

SpaceLizard and EarthlyGoat ;)

• As the TEN offensive leader now that the server is basically over I am going to give my thoughts on the server, and villians in general. First off, TEN came into this server as the clear 3rd power, too weak to win alone but strong enough to perhaps sway the server one way or the other. As i stated before, we in TEN realised this very early on, and we made diplomatic approaches to both sides. SGR, was willing to listen, VIllians was not. Even though we in TEN, and my counterpart in SGR offensive role is an old enemy, we made a deal. Even when war at that time was likely and being planned to face off against Wolf throne which we knew would lead to a major engagement. I know because we were planning it, but villians was not willing to even hear us out. So we had, as far as TEN, no option but to work with SGR. So those of you in villians, that is very much on you.

If I was the leader of villians, I would have first tried to use TEN as a cudgel against SGR, or at the least to keep us apart. Yall did nothing like this, so it was clear, there was no in depth strategic planning going on there other than, we can beat them doesnt matter type of thought process. If I was the leader of villians and i could not prevent sgr and ten from working together, I would have used Operation hammers to pick off TEN players, while pinning SGR troops in place with sustained fakes. With the idea of being taking apart the the weaker of the two allies and causing a general lack of faith in the leadership of TEN thus rendering them ineffective as a rival. Yall do not do this, nor did you try the opposite and try and weaken SGRs position with sustained attacks while pinning TEN defense in place. Thus weakening SGR while driving a wedge between TEN and SGR.

Remember, at no point in this server were your players ever weaker man to man to ours. Always your players, were stronger, and the majority more experienced. Yet you never once used this advantage, and that blows my mind. All you had to do was take the initiative, with a sustained campaign against the weaker alliance, TEN, the one I am in, and your odds of victory would be extremely high, as we could never stop a sustained week after week campaign attacks against random players or targets. As like every alliance,we would protect our most important assets and gamble with the loss of our average players.

Instead, you did nothing, you let us attack again and again, and you did not even launch somewhat coordinated fakes against us to try and pin us down. Anyone that has had to deal with constant incoming fake or real, knows it is stressful, it strains things. You did nothing. I have personally hit over 20 of your alliances accounts, and to date, I have been faked by a total of 5 waves. My attackers which have now hit many accounts, were never once faked in a coordinated way. We just attacked again and again and even though your defense for most of the server was impressive, we never had the initiative taken away from us as we were never threatened. This is the first server I have ever played that i have never been attacked, almost all of my allies, were never attacked this server. This is unforgiveable.

When you did launch your one and only major operation, you decided that is was wise to use almost all of your operational hammers to hit one target. Had it have succeeded you would have taken out one major SGR asset, not enough to change the course of the server but it would have helped. However, if it had failed the loss would be utterly devastating. Had any of my guys offered such a plan, I guarantee the answer would have been an overwelming no, as the cost analysis demands nothing less than that. To win that fight gets me a marginal advantage but to lose it means I can never force my enemies to divide their strength again as I would have no strength left as an offensive leader to force that decision on my enemies. This was an unforgivable mistake. Whoever ordered that, and convinced a bunch of high quality veteran players to do this, does not deserve your trust any longer simple as that.

So in end, villians were very much the overwelming favorites to win this server, but for whatever reason, you decided to do absolutely none of the things that would have insured your victory. You did not pressure and seperate your enemies, you did not try and play your enemies off against each other, you did not take out your weaker enemy while pinning your powerful enemy, you did not try and sow disunion in your enemies ranks, and when you did attack you picked the one possible attack plan that could lead to utter catastrophe for marginal gains in the strategic terms, leaving you no further options for later on. You spent months building outstanding accounts to never use them, save your WWKs and WWRs which were impressive. You had all the pieces you needed, but none of you used them together as one. There is no excuse but to look in the mirror and put the blame exactly where it belongs, yourselves.

• They couldn't have been the clear favorites if they lacked strategic planning and did zero offensive operations. Any team like that usually loses when faced with a team that does actually do some planning. From reading the forum posts - seems SGR had some pretty experienced vets doing some offensive planning, at least towards the end. Sounds like SGR/TEN deserved to win and did more work to do so, but does not at all seem Villians deserved or should have won if they did ZERO offensive planning all server.

Anyways, nice analysis though. Everything seemed on point. Makes me miss travian even more! I lived for the strategic planning part of it.

• They couldn't have been the clear favorites if they lacked strategic planning and did zero offensive operations. Any team like that usually loses when faced with a team that does actually do some planning. From reading the forum posts - seems SGR had some pretty experienced vets doing some offensive planning, at least towards the end. Sounds like SGR/TEN deserved to win and did more work to do so, but does not at all seem Villians deserved or should have won if they did ZERO offensive planning all server.

Anyways, nice analysis though. Everything seemed on point. Makes me miss travian even more! I lived for the strategic planning part of it.

They still were the favorites (maybe undeservingly yes since they slacked a lot more - but just due to the sheer quality) xD Till post end-game with their first coordinated ops where they splat all their ops hammers that opened the way for us to defend the wonder while not having to worry at all about the wwks or UA/UD to divert any of our def <3 That was when I started to see that we could win this server after all if we played it right.. We could afford waiting to be the final launchers of the servers (which is a lot easier to play) - since wwks were not hogging onto any defense while we still had a lot of lower quality ops hammers left that could threat enemy LAs/LDs (we stole them all during the final waves - which opened the way for another wwk to hit the wonder mainbuilding).

But La Mala - this server had a lot of strategic stuffs. a lot of new strategic stuffs too that would make Gira proud :P A lot of counter plays and counter counter plays lol - specially during the artifacts. I'll write a nice detailed post on it later without taking sides

I'd agree with snake's assessment somewhat. Lack of off ops is the reason we stood a chance to win - but then that's also the reason why we had such an interesting end-game where the wws with over 15M defs got delayed so long that Natars have started building their wonder too.

i just want u to know i have no prob with u not knowing good English but don't act smart and use stuff i said that u don't even understand to try to hurt me bro

• all i see is fnx trying to justify the server was evenly matched while villians didnt even care to.

I think you should pay more attention to what i wrote... Though I did say the end-game was. Post plans both sides were 50/50. That's the reason we had such an interesting end game after a long time in Travian .com servers. The last interesting game I recall (that others also agree to) goes to BA/Snap-FU.

i just want u to know i have no prob with u not knowing good English but don't act smart and use stuff i said that u don't even understand to try to hurt me bro

• I would laugh my ass off if 2 WWs being finished simultaneously broke the server.:D

RHzllUN.jpg

Thought I made it,

but I'm feeling stupid now.
    Drinking till I'm falling,

cause my mind is so polluted now.
    I just wanna be free.

• Makes his name a bit funny as well then.

RHzllUN.jpg

Thought I made it,

but I'm feeling stupid now.
    Drinking till I'm falling,

cause my mind is so polluted now.
    I just wanna be free.