edit entries in raid list

We are testing a brand new User Interface, a new background and some other small changes on our PTRx3 gameworld! 🎨
📌 PTR is the acronym of Public Test Realm. PTRs are used to test patches before we release them to the public. Unlike standard game worlds, you’re one of the first people testing a new build which can often be unstable or otherwise non-functional. Accessing the PTR and reporting bugs is one of the biggest services you can provide ❤️

➡️ Join now ⬅️

✍️ ➡️ Give your feedback about the new User Interface
✍️ ➡️ Give your feedback about the new Backgrounds
  • It appears that today's update broke editing entries in the raid list. When changing list, the edit becomes "add raid", troop amounts are reset and it will add an entry to the new list without changing the previous entry.

I don't know, it might be completely unrelated to today's update. After all, the patch notes doesn't mention raid lists at all, making it somewhat unlikely that a change would impact this. Still a bug though.

• Can we please have a confirmation that the bug is known and being fixed?

P.S. Weird that thread from 11.28 popped up on the top today.

• ELE I just checked and apparently it is a known issue. But based on the information I was just told, it is not yet fixed. It is on the list though to be fixed. And sorry, no further information was given to me about it.

And I never saw this post either so hard to tell what happened.

• I asked support about it nearly 2 weeks ago.......

Hello,

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately we do not have an ETA for these fixes. I just know that they're working on them as fast as they can.

Kind Regards,

~feanor

Travian Team

• I have found the lack of feedback, confirmation and information disturbing. But I stumbled across this in the patch notes:

TRAIVBXXIV-6553 - "Add to farm list" now shows the first farm list and no troops. Editing a village in a farm list also adds the option to add the same village to a second farm list.

This seems like a poor attempt to cloak a recently introduced bug / unintended altered behavior as a bugfix. But this description does not even cover the bug, since no option was added to add an entry, instead the only possible behavior has been changed. Currently, if you want to move an entry from one list to another, you are forced to create a new entry from scratch and manually delete the previous one, despite just having clicked the "edit farm list" button. What needs to be implemented is a distinction between adding additional and migrating existing entries, and if migrating, defaulting troop counts to whatever is stored as the actual entry being edited. This cannot possibly be that hard, and it's something that affects most paying customers.

Also the dates don't match up. It feels like lots of simple errors have sneaked into live servers, but maybe it's just my current server that's being treated as a test realm. Now this is at best troubling behavior. In the past TG have run dedicated test servers to ensure feedback, where now it seems they just push whatever to production, completely untested. This is not the proper way to retain paying customers, and it feels disrespectful since TG used to do this the proper way.

Full patch notes in spoiler for reference

• Hello,

I am sorry that the latest update didn't fix the issues with the farm lists.

I know that there are many good ideas you players have, and I would like to ask you:

How would you like the farm lists to work?

Could you maybe discuss what would be good features and then it can be forwarded to the developers. If they know how we, who actually play the game, want the farm lists to work, it might be possible that they can work something out. Of course I cannot promise that they can do everything exactly the way we want it to be, but it has to be easier if the developers know the players wishes.

Please, feel free to discuss in this thread and give your suggestions.

Kind regards,

Stellamini

• Editing all the farm list at the same time - like select all and changing the troops in all of the raids with few clicks

Maybe filters that will auto select all the farms which were yellow or red last time

Is it so far from madness to wisdom?

COLLECTIONS.png

• When you are looking at the map and you click on Add (or even Edit) you used to be able to tell whether you already had that village/oasis in a certain farm list. It used to reload/flash subtly as you changed the list selector and you knew that meant it already existed. Now you can't tell, which is really annoying, so you're forced to add it all over again to every farm list you have, just in case. This basically makes it triple the work if you want it in more than one list. A workaround would be to change that bottom bit where it says several farm lists, to actually showing the lists it is already in.

While pretending we can have whatever we want, the ability to check ten raids and move them all to another list at once would be great, but I don't really believe in Santa Claus.

The issue of pushing out bugs as part of feature introduction has been done to death over many years. Trav HQ has been hinted/yelled at many many times to stop pushing out new features mid-server and only do critical fixes mid-server, but they're deaf on this issue and every patch seems to add some new feature nobody asked for, but break things that used to work. They really do seem completely unable to consider the idea of any two servers not being on the same exact build, which is ridiculous. The farm list, while frustrating, isn't ruining anybody's end game, but sometimes these bugs do... and yet these feature pushes continue. Just imagine a world where the game was kept as stable as possible by not messing with things mid-server! Just imagine! Just imagine that a bug only inconvenienced one server and not the entire world! </broken record>

• Editing all the farm list at the same time - like select all and changing the troops in all of the raids with few clicks

Maybe filters that will auto select all the farms which were yellow or red last time

When you are looking at the map and you click on Add (or even Edit) you used to be able to tell whether you already had that village/oasis in a certain farm list. It used to reload/flash subtly as you changed the list selector and you knew that meant it already existed. Now you can't tell, which is really annoying, so you're forced to add it all over again to every farm list you have, just in case. This basically makes it triple the work if you want it in more than one list. A workaround would be to change that bottom bit where it says several farm lists, to actually showing the lists it is already in.

While pretending we can have whatever we want, the ability to check ten raids and move them all to another list at once would be great, but I don't really believe in Santa Claus.

Fantastic Suggestions here Stellamini

• If we do community feedback like this, then I'd like to suggest an edit raid lists page that can be called from the farm list page itself. Make simple drag-and-drop of entries to copy or move them between lists, or delete them. When adding a raid from anywhere, just put it in an undesignated bucket / list, and then we can do whatever from this new page. If possible you could show the latest report when highlighting. As mentioned elsewhere, simple statistics would also be nice, like mean and median loot in both absolute and relative values.

This might be very tricky to implement for phone / touchscreen users, so I would still recomment fixing the current edit / add buttons, and maybe add a move button to the edit popup. Speaking of the edit popup, on my android device it pops up at random, often far from the visible area. You might want to look into that as well.

Not on the subject, but it's slightly annoying that the labels when sending scouts do not trigger the corresponding radiobutton. This is mostly an inconsistency / inconveniency, since all other labels belonging to radiobuttons and checkboxes do trigger their owner/parent/buddy.