Battle reports parser

• Dear players, I'm proudly presenting you a new tool on my site, the logger!

Many thanks to ELE, Ameno and other great people from Travian team for massive report links, thorough testing and creative ideas.

Features

• report links never expire
    • works with all languages supported by Travian*
    • accepts all battle type types: attack, raid, scan
    • stats summary
    • several reports per link (not more than 10–15 currently)
    • embedded links to combat simulator and off calculator
    • on top of that it works for Kingdoms, but please let's keep discussion on Kingdoms forum

Ideas

The current version isn't final, I'm going to add more features and I'd also be happy to hear ideas from you.

• shortening links
    • more reports per group
    • automatically generated extra summary report for report groups

Bugs

There was a closed-beta phase, so most bugs are eliminated, but if you see some, please report

• scouting defensive building report shows scouted buildings twice or displays "### build_lvl ###"

With language support situation is as follows: some phrases displayed in info section, like "random target was selected" in some languages might be not recognized by the parser.

They are automatically reported, though, and I will keep updating translations. So if some info line was discarded by the parser, it will be tracked by me in a couple of days, incorporated and start working.
    For rarely used languages like vietnamese this process might take some time since release.

️️

The post was edited 1 time, last by kirilloid: acknowledgments, link to kingdoms forum ().

• Thank you for sharing and making this comrade Kirilloid!

I will try and gather some reports from .si servers to check how translations are in Slovenian and then provide feedback.

• kirilloid Would be more amazing if you managed to get the old look of travian reports, instead of ugly yellow & white report.

Done, setting is remembered locally on computer/another device (actually, browser) and it's a setting for viewing, not for saving.

So the setting doesn't change how reports are saved.

• Turned out that the system reporting unknown lines wasn't properly working. Fixed it, hope to start gathering various names (including names of artefacts).

UPD: Yes, it's working, already got reports about a unit name in RU and a building name in FR.

14 messages and unit/building names in 7 languages discovered and corrected so far.

Also I found out that there were many errors for Croatian & Czech

️️

The post was edited 3 times, last by kirilloid ().

• Features I'd like added:

Ability to add damage from waves to the first report (like on travian-reports, where you could copy paste the damage before the report being parsed. So you'd have a single report with all damage, instead of having to make separate reports for waves).

Easy way to de-merge reports (I asume this might come with the update to shorten URLs) - so if you have a link with a bunch of reports, you could separate specific ones that you want to have separately (like on travian-reports, where you have the ID for each report, and then separated by "," - which means you can just grab the ID from the report you want).

• It will [mostly] be implemented.

I actually thought about "editing". Quotes because it always creates a new copy, it's technically impossible to edit already created report.
    But it's nice to have, to be able to re-publish a report with different privacy settings, to exclude some reports, etc, but that requires some time.

I think I'll implement picking a single report (there'd be a link field, which is updated when tabs are switched) this week.
    Other features will be added later.

• Two artefact effects on the same village seems to bug out the parser. In this case:

" Treasury The defender was supported by the artefact: The architects' great secret III.

Treasury The defender was supported by the artefact: Rivals slight confusion V.

Random target was selected.

CroplandCropland was not damaged.

Chieftain Loyalty lowered from 75 to 7"

It's a fringe case of course (will be pretty rare), but it can be a low priority fix I guess.

• Turned out that the system reporting unknown lines wasn't properly working. Fixed it, hope to start gathering various names (including names of artefacts).

tested: This is the result:

"The defender was supported by the artefact: Array. "

And i cant save the report anymore...

"There was an error "

(If there is no artefact i can still save it)

• tested: This is the result:

"The defender was supported by the artefact: Array. "

And i cant save the report anymore...

"There was an error "

(If there is no artefact i can still save it)

Could you please try again? Should work now. If not, please DM me a link to the original report (in the game).