Returning Merchants

• Or maybe telling the person receiving the resources to take better care of things in the first place.

99% of the time this is caused by carelessness, which should be punished accordingly.

lkMFwPU.png

si4 2007/08 Vrba [ANCIENT]

si5 2012/13 orangutan [AK]

si2 2017/18 sph1nX / Blobfish [Midgard]

si1 2018 .iDKz! [RM]

com29 2018 sph1nX [UN-C]

com83 2018/19 Bacardi Time [DSC-IDTS]

TT Finals 2018/19 Witch King [Union]

Anglosphere6 2018/19 Fimbultyr [Bifrost]

• Or maybe telling the person receiving the resources to take better care of things in the first place.

99% of the time this is caused by carelessness, which should be punished accordingly.

wth lol.. isn't the fact those merchants are busy doing nothing of gain already a puishment... resources just disappearing into nothingness is a biy lame anyways.. i don't see why empty handed merchants can't bring back what they didn't shift.. such punishments would then be down the players returning merchants too have the space, if not then 'poof'

edit
    or instead of them going poof, the merchants remain incapacitated till the warehouses stocks is dimished for the merchants too free themselves of their load

• It's fine as it is, otherwise it would be abused into being a ''safe way'' to save resources... Send to a pre-made full village while being attacked/farmed and they all return safely. Usually donating to bonus is an option, but that doesn't give you those res back.

When you get ideas, don't only look on the positive things but take negative ones into account as well. Many good ideas have certain side-effects to them, which can screw up some other things. ;)

lkMFwPU.png

si1 2018 .iDKz! [RM]

com29 2018 sph1nX [UN-C]

• It's fine as it is, otherwise it would be abused into being a ''safe way'' to save resources... Send to a pre-made full village while being attacked/farmed and they all return safely. Usually donating to bonus is an option, but that doesn't give you those res back.

When you get ideas, don't only look on the positive things but take negative ones into account as well. Many good ideas have certain side-effects to them, which can screw up some other things. ;)

eh?.. you can just put merchants on the market too dodge raids as it is lol then take it straight back off after the raid as the merchants are not moving.. you can't call back merchants..

As far as I'm concerned the current way of logistics could do with this improvement.

• although i haven't been raided with merchants on the market so maybe it does get pouched.. but jeez loiuse you can raid yourself, or your neighbour could raid you even.. theres multiple ways too shift resources from attacks

• True, but generally I agree, this issue is really annoying when it happens... problem is that it doesn't really happen THAT often, that the resources lost would reach high amounts.

I've maybe done this or heard of it only a few times in last 3 years, with the exception of larger crop packages heading towards WW and sometimes slightly overflowing, but even that wasn't quite often.

lkMFwPU.png

si1 2018 .iDKz! [RM]

com29 2018 sph1nX [UN-C]

• True, but generally I agree, this issue is really annoying when it happens... problem is that it doesn't really happen THAT often, that the resources lost would reach high amounts.

I've maybe done this or heard of it only a few times in last 3 years, with the exception of larger crop packages heading towards WW and sometimes slightly overflowing, but even that wasn't quite often.

definitely is an annoyance.. resources are a valuable part of the game.. for such to just be wasted off like that is a bit of a kick in ones knackers lol

• eh?.. you can just put merchants on the market too dodge raids as it is lol then take it straight back off after the raid as the merchants are not moving..

Resources on sale at the market also get raided. Since they are in the village.

So no that's not an option, also someone that is so inactive they are overflowing on resources probably don't have the time to raid themselves or ask a neighbour to raid them. (they're not online).

I'm not against the idea tho'. How about : You send merchants to X village, if it's full, then the merchants stay there until the load is fully emptied.

• Interesting concept, only reason I'd oppose it though is it would essentially provide extra storage ESPECIALLY in the case of WW/Plans?hammer vils. It would basically be unraidable resources feeding a wwk. Just launch 60 merchants of wheat to your ham vil and it would continously drain resources from those merchants into your hammer/ww/arty/deffed village.

• If the WW village is overflowing, then they won't be winning the server that's for sure. And if they do win the server, let it be known that it wasn't because of a simple Merchant quirk. Others just sucked more.

And they are raidable my guy, if the resources are in the village, they are raidable. Wether they are in storage or being sold on the marketplace. I have tried doing the trick of just putting your resources on sale when you get attacked and it doesn't work. They just get taken off from the marketplace.

If This is a problem, it could be limited to Other resources purely (so you can do it with wood/clay/iron only) or limited to Non WW Non Artefact villages.

• I would rather suggest if we get an option to call back merchants in a certain time frame if the error is noticed

Like as in rally point if we have mistimed an attack we can cancel the attack and they return back

Not all mistakes should be punished some should be given a chance to rectified or correct tbh;)

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
    It's a strange logic yet contagious

• Not all mistakes should be punished some should be given a chance to rectified or correct tbh;)

No, but by sending troops you have to verify which troops, how many troops, which target, which action (defend, attack, raid). four variables, and if there's catas involved even six variables (shoot once or twice, which target(s)), so much more room for error, as it's sometimes even a rush job to make a deadline.
    With merchants it's just how many resources and the target to check... just as with sending troops you have to verify it before actually sending it... it's way easier to verify two variables than four/six, and sending merchants is hardly ever a rush job.

• With regard to raiding resources from market, they can be raided while the resources are still in the market, but not once the merchants are moving, then they are not in the village and so the resources are "safe". So already if you wanted to avoid being robbed, you can just send resources to another village not being raided, or "accept" a trade in the market place, and therefore make those resources safe.

The "queue" system as suggested would not be such a good idea in my opinion, as you could just send your merchants to a full village not being raided, and all your merchants would technically be "moving" and not sitting at the home village market, and therefore safe from raids for however long you leave that other village full. For this reason I prefer the suggestion for the option to cancel the merchant within a time frame similar to the rally point. And regardless of how many variables there are to check in the market vs the rally point, it is much easier to miss the wrong village if it has the same name when you use auto complete for the villa name in the market, and the you are typing/clicking fast and don't notice it picked the wrong village with the same name. It would be better if auto complete only picked your own villages too.