Balance changes discussion thread

• I agree TG has to buff gauls trappers into something more useful, like maybe 10% def bonus when trapper is alive, thus restricting it to only be able to build 1 trapper per village. As bonus add option to kill trapped units :P

Or maybe add option to trap scouts? should be funny, but that's a really minor buff though.

Or better, add in magic potion of Asterix and Obelix

• Hello,

It seems like i cant see the changes agaisnt friendly farming, multi accounts and bots. Anyone playing comx knows that the real change needed are these, specially friendly farming.

• Huns best unit was unbalanced as well, mind you.

While I am bothered Egyptian Waterworks effect still hasn't been halved, Steppe now merely carry less, while maintain low price, high battle power and high speed... tbh they're still a bit on the OP side.

what is unbalanced? you are all in here just complaining steppe riders attack power and resources raid too overpower but never want to see steppe rider and the huns as whole, huns are very weak in defensive, i am huns player i can feel that.

this is huge shock for me when i see the update that steppe rider raid reduced from 115 to 75 (40 resources reduced), at least if steppe rider reduced from 115 to 95 (only 20 reduce) i still can tolerate it. honestly i am very disappointed with the new update.

• what is unbalanced? you are all in here just complaining steppe riders attack power and resources raid too overpower but never want to see steppe rider and the huns as whole, huns are very weak in defensive, i am huns player i can feel that.

this is huge shock for me when i see the update that steppe rider raid reduced from 115 to 75 (40 resources reduced), at least if steppe rider reduced from 115 to 95 (only 20 reduce) i still can tolerate it. honestly i am very disappointed with the new update.

Yes, huns are weak in def, but nerfing Steppe doesn't solve that.

Perhaps nerfing Marksmen a bit and buffing their def stats would've contributed to them having better def. ^^

And yeah, perhaps nerfing Steppe carry capacity might seem stupid for those who rely heavily opn farming. Now Marksmen are a more reasonable choice, but then again.... that's just a mistake from the devs imo, that they made the Marksman to be only slightly behind the Steppe in almost every aspect, while still boasting somewhat reasonable def stats.

• I personally like the Teuton change on the 5 tribe servers. Huns are OP in my opinion, so the SR nerf was great. They are faster than TT's, carry more, and attack like EIs for less cost. This is a good change.

The brewery set up allows us to create some interesting strategies using multiple tribes (this format will not just be in Pandora I'm guessing going forward). The brewery change isn't to make maces better -- it's so a Roman can run it with Imps or other strategies.

huns have defensive disadvantage, most huns unit very weak in defense, how can you say huns are overpowered?

Hey Heintje, likewise!

Well I personally think the Steppes were the choice that most people made. I mean they're fast, farm very good, are cheap (a lot easier to build in Great Stables), and also just good attack power.

So you can build them a lot earlier to start raiding and you'll be better off then Marauders.

Now maybe more people will take Marauders.

nope, the cost of :

- 2 steppe riders are 1790 with 4 pops

- 1 marauder are 1760 with 3 pops

2 steppe riders attack 240 / def inf. 60 / def cav. 30 / speed 16 / raid 150 (with new update)

1 marauder attack 180 / def inf. 60 / def cav. 40 / speed 14 / raid 80

so people will still choose steppe riders. i am huns player and i never train marauder at all.

• Yes, huns are weak in def, but nerfing Steppe doesn't solve that.

Perhaps nerfing Marksmen a bit and buffing their def stats would've contributed to them having better def. ^^

And yeah, perhaps nerfing Steppe carry capacity might seem stupid for those who rely heavily opn farming. Now Marksmen are a more reasonable choice, but then again.... that's just a mistake from the devs imo, that they made the Marksman to be only slightly behind the Steppe in almost every aspect, while still boasting somewhat reasonable def stats.

yes so true, with this new update in the next season i will choose to build marksmen instead of steppe rider

this is comparison of steppe rider vs marksmen :

- Steppe Rider attack 120 / def. inf 30 / def cav. 15/ speed 16 / pops 2 / cost 895 / raid 75 (with new update)

- Marksmen attack 115 / def inf. 80 / def cav. 70/ speed 16 / pops 2 / cost 1050 / raid 105

marksmen attack only 5 less than steppe rider, more def in infantry and cavalry (50 and 55), with the same speed and pops, with raid 30 more resources, only cost 155 more resources, this is stupidity. previously people more prefer steppe rider over marksmen for raids because steppe rider have more damage more raids and cheaper than marksmen, but now people will choose marksmen instead.

• huns have defensive disadvantage, most huns unit very weak in defense, how can you say huns are overpowered?

Simple. Don't play as defender with huns and you will be fine. Same goes for guys with gaul tribe as an attacker. It's a waste of efficiency.

You know the old joke, Eiaiestyi? Man shows up at the Pearly Gates, sees this guy in a pin stripe suit, and a briefcase, a cigar, prancing about. He says to Saint Peter, 'who's that guy?' Saint Peter says 'ahhh, that's just God. Thinks he's Jofke.'

Post was edited 1 time, last by Playingwithfire: fixed quote ().

• Same goes for guys with gaul tribe as an attacker. It's a waste of efficiency.

Could be worse... a lot worse. Try going Egyptian off. :/

• First of all, Alok - your calculation assumes that in the time that 1 Marauder gets trained, you'll have 2 steppes - but this is not the case...

Steppes train time = 0:05:24, and Marauders = 0:06:44

Overall - Marauders give so much attack power, that mercenary/bowmen + marauders hammers are stronger than Imperians/EC hammers (next best attackers after Clubs/TKs hammers). And now that Steppes are just slightly better raiders than Marauders - it's plain stupid to build Steppes.

Some Comparisons:

Steppes give less off than maruaders.

steppes gives just slightly better raid powers than Marauders

Steppes worse in def than marksman

Steppes worse in raid than marksman

Only pros: A very Cheap unit. (also maybe not horrible ghost since it can be rebuilt cheaply)

And to summarize: If you want an off unit for a raiding style - you'd do better with marksman. And if you want a simming style - you go with marauders. Defensive off again marksman - and finally for off players who knows the stats - they'd again go with marauders since it's just slightly bad at raiding but a lot more better off stats. (just go back to EIs :love: )

i just want u to know i have no prob with u not knowing good English but don't act smart and use stuff i said that u don't even understand to try to hurt me bro

Post was edited 1 time, last by fnx ().

• You only took the positive things and not the bad things.

fnx already explained most of it so won't go into it that much.

It's true that Steppe Riders are a lot cheaper and cost less in crop maintenance.

You can compare it with EI and EC's in my opinion. You build EC because you want a stronger hammer. It's the same here.

The reason people took Steppe Riders is because you can start a lot earlier with building them because you farm it back a lot easier and they're cheap so you start your hammer a lot earlier.

But Marauders give so much more attack power in training time. Now that they nerfed the farming of Steppes they took away a part of that early strength.

Not everyone will be convinced but a lot more people will build Marauders now.

Or Marksman as fnx said. :D

• Nice message and I get your point, but the fact that battle would be a bit more intense is not 100% bad thing, still (Note: that's my personal opinion of an experienced player and a def-coordinator). New values probably would require some new tactics, more close cluster settling especially for Roman defenders (Gauls and Teutons will have less issues since their units are way faster than Roman praetoreans) and probably a bit more focus on cavalry defence, but still this is all a case of adjustments.

I Am really wondering if you have played a normal Server after becoming a TG staff ? Have you really been a DC before ? I am an exclusive Roman Anvil

The current server i play, i hold 200k preats, and 50k legos, exclusively for defense. on day 170

You WANT me to focus on cavalry defense ? Who exactly is going to feed my cavalry defense ?

I am also supposed to settle next to every top raider and meatsheild in the server, guess i need to do more large parties ?

This is a OP Buff for Attackers, please consider the anvils before making a game breaking buff like this, i doubt any of the noise i make will go back to TG , But your assumption is really stupid and sounds nothing like an experienced player..

Also, the reason i have so many preats is because my preats already rarely reach any deff calls (Im in 50|50 of my quad, the meathsields are at 0|0 area , guess how much time i take, yeah a LOT), thanks for nerfing it even more

I guess TG does not want the 30k gold i burn each server ?

Ex CWL, SG, Wild

Com4 (2018-19) - The Force [Goats]

Qualifiers (INT 2019) - Space Force [EXODUS]

Finals (2019-18) - Mighty Geese [EXODUS]

Com2 (2020-21) - Timepass [Goats]

Post was edited 1 time, last by [CWL]ivaR ().

• how do you think this balances changes will affect metagame? What are your guesses?

If you go to previous page - there are 3 posts by me :P you can read those to see how it affects it.

Though for majority of the players who don't care about winning and end-game, the only prominent effect for them would be items nerf in early games. Artworks are no more spammable.

And for off - teutons becomes kind of the leaders in every aspect.

and if you play special servers, Huns Steppes got wrecked enough that there's no logical reasons to build them anymore. I'd say even as ghosts EIs are better due to better re-train and off power.

i just want u to know i have no prob with u not knowing good English but don't act smart and use stuff i said that u don't even understand to try to hurt me bro

• I wasn't present in game for some months and what i see now, after some updates game has lost its balance. Adding new tribes with features of Waterworks and Command Center have almost ruined game in many ways. Some players are exploiting bonuses from oasis by settling down on 15c fields only, such accounts are on Tournament 2020 servers now. Huns needs only 2 villages with 20 lv. of Academy and Command Center to take over enemy village in 1 attack. People lose villages like crazy with no time to react.

I don't even mention this brown interface, where building are really hard to recognize, which is nightmare if you sitting 2 friends accounts with other tribes.

I haven't seen good and clever change in Travian since a long time. And those changes should happens in strategic game not just new paint and addition of tribes with crazy features.

970x250_5Tribes.png