[Discussion] Legends on Tour 2019 Summit!

• I have a lot of comments but I'm going to just put a few since I only have a little time right now.

ALSO, please when you ban someone, tell them what the IP was for the device at fault. In most cases, there are multiple duals and no one owns up to it. Only the MH can him/herself tell us who caused the ban to occur. If they dont, we are left clueless and the cheater will most definitely repeat it on the account he/she plays next. Causing another few people to lose their time and money due to his/her incompotence. Its extremely important to get this sorted, as i do understand that there are some specific laws which prevent MH's from revealing IP. Be that as it may, you need to get it sorted.

One way to get around the privacy issue would be a universal account. Everyone would have a single "master" account for the game and forum. Then like Kingdoms you can start individual "accounts" on each server and others can connect to that account as a dual. Have the system log activity of each universal account and then you can more readily identify who is at fault. (not full proof but nothing is)

This would also allow for greater overall security. Bad actors can be more easily tracked from server to server. Duplicate universal accounts can be deleted before they even have a chance to register on a server. Again not full proof to all the problems but it has the potential to make the game and forum a better place. Not to mention benefits in general data collection to monitor various metrics like how often players do X or Y. Those metrics can be used to improve the game + improve marketing. I facepalm each time I get an email about a server multiple times because I've had an account on more than one server on a domain in the recent past - even though they all had the same email. Its a minor redundancy but it has always struck me as unprofessional that there isn't a CRM system in place to avoid that.

No tolerance policy towards FFs. Ive discussed this before here already, so will just quote it.

Confed system update definitely helps as you said but isn't full proof. A rule change is possible but it would take very specific language to make it a "universal" rule aka a rule. This goes back to your earlier point RE: MH. I do think they should be paid as well. Might it mean less of them? Sure. But there could be a complete restructuring of the "support" hierarchy where less MH isn't necessarily an issue. Consistent rule enforcement is absolutely paramount. However what you suggest could potentially open up a ton more work for MH, which as you pointed out they already seem over taxed given the length of responses. Good points thought and definitely something that needs discussing.

That's all for now. I'll be back for more comments soon.

• That being said, few of the existing MHs are and will be always be garbage, even if paid.

Sometimes you get the impression your posts fall on deaf ears, or that they just have a generic reply which isn't even related to the thing you're asking about.

Also what Safiren said happened to me as well, the MH didn't like my name so without any warning just changed it... Not to mention the same MH plays on the server he moderates, which isn't even allowed for him to do so, if I'm not mistaken.

Looking at you Georgi .

Post was edited 1 time, last by Wolkenengel ().

• Problems:

- fakings stats still a problem in tournament. I heard (from people who went to previous summit) that TG is in denial that such thing is happening at all.

- Improve gauls trappers.

- MH unjustly bans without trail (been victim of it 2 times 3-5 years ago, they didn't accept my skype logs to prove my "insane" activity).

- Multiaccounts, it seems MH still can't find them on their own.

- Increase limit of being able put markings in map, they are very fun tool to play with and coordinate (flags), but 20 is not enough for an Aliiance, to make full use of flags.

- Give players the same tool as Travian 5 to do 4 attacks in same second. I'm done with these browser PINK system or PINK scripts aka wave builder. You want less people using modified browsers and only catch "real" cheaters, then do something about this.

Though, most of these problems are for the future players. I'm trying to quit travian.

• Gotta love strategic,

Dislikes my post, and then repeats its points without saying why he disagrees with the post xDD

Its a discussion thread, discuss why you disagree so we can find and provide the representatives with points which are agreed by the majority :P

Unless youre just being toxic like always ^_^

They see me rolling
    They hating

• Gotta love strategic,

Dislikes my post, and then repeats its points without saying why he disagrees with the post xDD

Its a discussion thread, discuss why you disagree so we can find and provide the representatives with points which are agreed by the majority :P

Unless youre just being toxic like always ^_^

I simply disagreed your rant about teutons and whole concept of game balancing, since teutons are underplayed and are excellent defenders, and ww rammers are not a thing in tournament, calling teuts players stubborn for building wwk instead of rammers et cetera. Despite tournament representing the a biggest player base of travian, and not simply something to not consider about.

As for game balancing, I like the current game balancing, since it gives people clear choices. Do you want to sim (being able to sim resources and buildings at same time) and make mid-late game hammers or most efficient def --> romans, do you want to clear your area early game and destroy any romans--> teutons, do you want to counter teutons early game and have fast def --> gauls. Rules do not decide if a game is stale (chess, etc), but players do. Game is quite balanced even if it doesn't seem like so, giving romans a buff while they can sim both resources and building at same time is something I would call unbalanced. Now it's a clear trade off for early troops capabilities, meaning romans start making troops 24/7 at a later date than teutons are able to do. Teutons are not as good as they used to be back when oase raiding was a thing (before they increased animal spawning) and raiding cranny bonus was account wide instead of hero wide and when there were tons of new players who only played 1-2 days and quit, due to travian massive advertising, which resulted into a lot of raiding income. I'm not saying Teutons are bad at all now, they're still the best tribe for making off hammers, especially if you only plan to make medium hammers to splat, so you don't to have to deal with the crop consumption being too big of a problem.

I do completely ignore about the "new" travian which has 5 tribes, I have never played it and part of travian Legends yet.

Blaze  

Here you have it, why I disliked your post. You can do as you wish with it, this is just my opinion and I hope it brings you eternal salvation.

• Fair enough. But like I said in my post too. The goal would be to make all the tribes appealing to all the audience. And hence not make Teuton 'underplayed'. But underplayed does not mean they are not the best tribe. The tribe, as you said, is still the preffered tribe for all major off accs and 1/3 of def accs lets say (for a pro + golder). Its one of those things like the 1%. There are few of them but they have more than the rest of the world combined. My point is that they need to make it more appealing to the nongolders/newbies as well as nerf it for the progoldhos

What I can agree with is that I didnt keep tourney in mind when I made the point about wwr/k.

To the rest, I disagree. Chess is not an online strategy game mate. Any succesful game these days has constant changes to their numbers in order to make the game interesting or more balanced. Seriously, look into any esports game. Theres a reason, cause it works.

The other thing I can agree with is that I do not even consider the other 2 tribes as they are clearly still broken.

They see me rolling
    They hating

• Chess is not an online strategy game mate.

The other thing I can agree with is that I do not even consider the other 2 tribes as they are clearly still broken.

27+ million active players at chess online, just saying (I play it too, with elo system thus ranking system). lhttps://www.chess.com

(most people play on mobile btw, it's top 9 app in play store)

• Ahh yess, chess a great online strategy game from the 6th century. If thats your best argument, then im content :P

They see me rolling
    They hating

• Ahh yess, chess a great online strategy game from the 6th century. If thats your best argument, then im content :P

Isn't it amazing how a strategy game from the 6th century isn't a stale game and now being a very popular online game :P

• Emerik :

I'd like your thoughts on some of the recent balance changes, for reference, we had a discussion of them here:

Balance changes discussion thread

I will quote some of the specific posts too for each point.

Trade office buff:

This was a great addition for the annual special servers with regions, where clusters and villages will be far apart as a natural result of the need to spread out in multiple regions.

However, for ordinary legends servers...

As is well known, your meta pulled off a massive WW defense on last years finals. On the recent com1 we saw some very large WW defenses from both sides too, and of course have occasionally seen the 20m+ on x1 servers (Wild and SNAPFU). Now, all of these were exceptional, and a testimony to the setups and hard work of the metas involved. These massive WW defenses meant that WWKs did little or no damage, except at early levels, or for the very top tier WWKs.

The Trade Office was massively buffed. This should make it significantly easier to pull off the massive defenses at WWs, even for less coordinated teams. This will skew the game towards WWKs having less impact (and increasing the desire for tech/garage abusing WWKs (I know this is normal on tourney, but it's not as normal on ordinary x1 servers)).

What are your thoughts on this?

Also, on a smaller note, it makes the commerce alliance bonus more or less obsolete (even though it was buffed).

Tournament square buff:

It is well known that tourney servers have a lot of local skirmishing, due to the crowded nature of the server, which means DCing works differently than on ordinary servers. Tourney also have the most active and dedicated players and leaders.

For ordinary legends servers, there is usually less local skirmishing (at least after quads have been consolidated), leaders and players aren't willing to sacrifice their real life as much and so on. This leads to some concerns from a DC perspective - i.e. it's a very strong buff to the offensive side of travian, and a strong nerf for DCs. It also gives an even bigger advantage to pre-formed/aggresive/experienced teams, who will now dismantle new players even faster (driving away less-experienced, non-preformed players and metas).

Here are some quotes:

Brewery buff for teutons:

Teutons were already the strongest off/time of all tribes (even without brewery, and even more so with brewery, even at level 10). Adding another 10% on top if obviously a huge buff. From TG's perspective, they're buffing teutons because they're not as played as the other tribes. But playrate does not equal balance. Typically the less experienced, less active and less gold spending players will pick other tribes - this doesn't mean that the tribe is underpowered.

I'll again pull some quotes:

1. Brewery buff up from 10% to 20% -> teutons become even more rammer oriented tribe. That would be fine if this was left there. But [in addition to TS buff]

4. Hammer trains. In case of a hammer train to zero a village, these two changes stack up pretty badly. Teutons will be incredibly strong (100k axe army can kill 150k def now, straight up), and when we add the reduced reacting time for defenders, it get's quite bad. Given the usual balance, that teams tend to have more offensive players than defensive, any team that has players skilled/motivated enough to do a train can wipe the floor with their hammers because of comparatively low defense levels of the enemy.

Teutons were OP before the change, now they will be even more OP. Maybe for solo play it doesn't have much impact, but when you are making mass attacks to zero pop enemies capitals/non cap hammer villas it gives enormous boost for cleaners and since you are going for zero, who cares which target you should chose. Now with 20% bonus, it would have even bigger impact. Not mentioning that teutons are the best off/time producing tribe overall as well. Unfortunately I don't have enough time to get into more details, so I will leave it at that.

I know there's a lot to read - I look forward to hear your thoughts when you have time. I hope others feel free to join the discussion too - Blaze ?

• A reminder again, keep playing around with the numbers until you find the perfect combination of numbers

No, it does not work like that. Finding perfect combination of numbers is boring. Constant change is the fun stuff. Make stuff overpowered for some time, then remove power from them there, put it somewhere else, make new stuff viable. Rinse and repeat. We need change for sake of change and something happening, rather than perfect balance IMO. Tho it might be hard with 3 tribes, having 5 makes it possible.

• I'll give some suggestions and ideas when I'll have a bit more time, but for now....

Emerik

Seeing as many domains merged and lost quite a substantial amount of speed servers, while many regular servers are running. Do you think it would be worth discussing about implementing a secondary 3x server or perhaps even a 2x server on each merged domain as a form of compensation for the reduction.

Nordics is 4 domains, which reduced four 3x servers to one.

Balkans is 6 domains, which recuced six 3x servers to one.

Hispanic is 4 domains, which reduced four 3x servers to one.

There's also Chinese, Lusobrasiliero and Baltics, but you get my point I suppose.

I think this is a thing worth discussion at least, since 2x speed is something that still allows users to not resort to finding duals or constantly relying on sitter help.

Maybe the community would also like to share their opinions about this?

• Well, in my person experience. When there are a lot of servers/game modes in games. Each server has lesser amount of people, since everyone has their own preference. Travian is not relevant enough to have multiple speed servers for one domain and still have them filled with accounts.

But yes, perhaps a 2x, which is not tourney, would be a good idea. Maybe a 5x server twice a year too.

They see me rolling
    They hating

• Some of us are addicted to speed servers and usually play more than one, think I suggested it when the merging of the domains were announced, didn’t recieve an answer, so glad someone else is bringing it back up.

Thanks Wolkenengel  :thumbup:

...Or just add English to the Nordic domains Samisu  :*

• As a speed player on .us, I would like to state that we all asked for more speed servers when the merger of .uk, .au. and .us was announced. So our 3 options was reduced to one like many other merged domains. And some speed addicts like to play on multiple servers at the same time. There needs to be more options for speed addicts.

• Game is perfectly balanced. If you want to be 1st simmer you can do it with all 3 tribes

If you want to be best attacker - you can do it with all 3 tribes

If you want to be best defender - you can do it with all 3 tribes

If you want to build ww - you can do it with all 3 tribes

If you want to be top raider - you can do it with all 3 tribes, and specially this one. people who know how to farm don’t mind the tribe, no tribe is better then other, there are just players better then other players, and you can’t change that.

When it comes to what is “easier” to do with some tribe, its all empty talks. Everything is balanced enough, it’s up to you what you can take out and create out of that balance that is currently here. You can do anything with anything in this game, and that’s the balance.

When it comes to new players, most of us started playing years ago (me myself 11 years ago) while servers were populated with 10-15k players. If someone wants to play he will find a way to play, if someone is meant to be a farm, let him be a farm.

When i grow up i want to be Jaruby

bax - g&br, AGRICOLA TEAM, King Kong, LiMun
    hrx - Haile Selassie
    rsx - BamBam, AGRICOLA TEAM
    dex - Tanjur
    hr1 - Trevor, CharlieSheen
    hr2 - Vidi Pasa, Disperadun
    cz20 - Kenny McCormic
    comx - fedjagurabi (Summer 2017), Tricky Martin(Fall 2017), Q3K (Spring 2018), Krtola&Sale (Fall 2018)

• Each server has lesser amount of people, since everyone has their own preference.

That is I think more of an issue with 1x servers.

com1, com2, com3, com4, com5, com6....

Sure one lasts on average let's say 240 days, but that's still one server per 40/50 days if we take time to restart into consideration. That is two times as frequent a 3x servers, which I think is a wee bit absurd.

There's 2 things that can be considered here:

An alternative speed server running, albeit 2x or 3x.

Slight reduction in amount of 1x servers.

Reducing 1x server amount would also minimize this type of thing: COM4: Won by GOAT Z (July 2018 - February 2019)

This is a very serious issue on its won I believe too. I have nothing against team GOAT&co, it's just an example what happens when you have one decent sized team play on a less active server. Less servers would mean the remaining would potentially be much more active, thus much more competitive.

I'm sure Hear_No_Evil [CWL][GOATs] and @[ cwl ] Brezzok would also prefer a much more interesting competitive server themselves, rather than something that's decided shortly after artifacts spawn.

That being said, this is what I think domains could look like and feel slightly more balanced/active...

Regular running servers:

1x speed

server1 - 801x801* **

server2 - 401x401

server3 - 401x401

server4 - 401x401

2/3x speed

3xserver1 801x801*

3xserver2 401x401

2xserver 401x401

The 801x801 would make sense only on domains where the playerbase is still large enough, else 401x401 is sufficient.

I think the merge of domains was actually a good thing, but the main reason behind less popular servers might still be in the amount of server per domain, but that again is only my opinion and observation.

servers like us1, uk1, com1, rs1, si1... are/were usually the most consistent in player amount and competition, compared to others, thus the idea of 801x801 being exclusive only to them.

And then there's special servers like PtP, PtP2x, 5 tribe or 5x speed, which could all run once or twice yearly, depending on the interest of the community.

Besides, Travian Games has shown before that they can sometimes, though rarely listen.

1.) Minute based merchants [Gold Club feature]

Not much to be said here, just adding a column to set minutes as well, rather than hour only. This would drastically improve resource moving with more precise crop shipments being available. The feature should be an exclusive for Gold Club users, as setting trade routes to go 3x would become obsolete in this case.

Hoping maybe they read this or will listen to Emerik if he proposes some quality suggestions on improving any aspect of the game.

Post was edited 1 time, last by Wolkenengel ().

• Very interesting discussion thread - but who was read last years report?
    And what TG doing after that? Notging or same with nothing? So I have bad news to all of us - TG doing the same in this year.

dn
    время время время..

ЧЕ:dojik, Hamster;
    ЧМ1:Singing Heart, MightyRU; ЧМ2:Femme Fatale, ситтер на lspci, MightyRU; ЧМ3:после артов KukuYOPTA, CerbeR; ЧМ4:Ternura, ситтер на Ruk, CerbeR; ЧМ5: Caprice, CerbeR; ЧМ6: Lontra, CerbeR, ситтер на Mors; ЧМ7: zmey_gorynych, CerbeR, ситтер на UNI;

the end

• In great part, I agree with you.

Yet, we started as a single 1 wing team, versus the server.

We had the quality, not the size/quantity.

As said in other threads before by many other fellow players, highly skilled players can and will kill the game for newbies. Some would say, survival of the 'fittest'.

It's not like we wouldn't have wanted to encounter resistance or so. We did see North unite in a zerg 5 wings (in NE) and SE unite in another zerg with 5 wings - which also, is - especially for inexperienced players - trap on its' own - as they can never coordinate themselves properly.

We were waiting to restart a round since 2017, since we last played previous com4 as Warriors (2017) and com2 when we played inside a non preformed group 2017/2018. We were there, in the background, waiting. Meaning, 5-10 of us were there, playing, with our main team waiting and constantly asking when to restart.

We basically had to forcefully start a round, as our crew waited more than a year to restart either under CWL or Goats tag.

When com4 started, us the leaders - in some cases, had 3 servers in parallel including com4 (I was on com2, so was Brezzok and many others, also on com1 along with many others...). Quite late we ended up with 1 round, when com2 ended, we were post artefact release. When com1 ended, we had maximum 1 month left in server of com4 - not to mention, many of us like to play in Finals too - helping and working with DACIA - in the end, Emerik is family for us, so many from CWL / Goats are also there somewhere.

We had voted we would not start com1 as Goats, as we wanted to fully respect SGR and allow them to continue keeping the legacy going - I was main voice saying we don't start com1 - yet 10-15 of us did start com1 anyway, to be there for our forever friends in SGR.

sadly, a noob round started, com4 which we heard of late and had no idea who would join.

We chose usual quad, that we usually have - unless we play non-standard (e.g. com1.) South West.

Next up - if we ignored com4, was com3, which currently in 118 looks equally bad.

We have literally nothing to chose from. Com7 apparently disappeared - we were residents there 3 years, until we moved to com1 and com4. We regularly moved to where we can find challenges.

Sadly fewer and fewer quality 1x servers exist. Usually on com6 we had Immortals as residents, they retired. Then there was The Wild (which retired in it's current format and part of them regrouped as Ruthless are working with friends from various metas - be it Villains, SGR, Goats or any others. ), Gold retired, GRID doesn't exist anymore, AoW retired long ago, ULTIMA same, PANTHEON also gone, Infamous, EximuS, PFtF, GoDz not around anymore.

So, if you bring any experience 50 player team to a noob round, normally they should crush any oposition, if they want to.

We ran against 12 wing zerg (4-5 NE, 4 SE, 2 NW, 1 and a half in SW) and got few dents in our ranks.

Only apparent competitive round, seems to be com1 - which sadly will probably loose in quality now, since it is forced to start so soon. after it's end.

I don't know where 1x servers are going, but I don't think they are going down a good road.

Hence why I said I partially agree with you, Wolkenengel .

I would keep in 1x servers only com1, com2, com4, com6 and com7 maximum - anything extra is overkill. But with more predictability in restarting of rounds so that teams can start and not hope for their usual home grounds to appear and never reappear

In our history we played and won com1 as CWL 2014; com2 twice; com4 - won it 4 times; com6: 2 times; com7: 2 times / 1 time lost.

We hoped com4, would be interesting, based on previous experiences, but none of interesting crews reappeared...

But - do look at history, for us it is no accident what happened on com4. When we are up for the game, we do the same as we did there.

Some examples:

2011 - com7: https://gyazo.com/1db987845331ba1727493b40e821b503

2012 - com4: https://gyazo.com/c9c233567dfb5f6801923de6e65aed09 & https://gyazo.com/687777fc581ac3d94340e396af2d0cd6

2013 - com7: https://gyazo.com/f9754501e7972a26fa17e480115e98df

2014 - com4: https://prnt.sc/53fugm (we almost did it https://gyazo.com/71400ea4b0731b72ad4a99dd72c18312)

2016 - com2: https://gyazo.com/b37e02c1c46161c04bce9a0b2ec020ed

2017 - com4: https://gyazo.com/4d6eaf4c9e0c72f20f56492a2afe1f5f

2018 - we helped friends in SGR win and they did gloriously finish 2 WWs at same time at level 100 - kudos for them

2018 - com4: https://gyazo.com/455b5d9540c118cac76895e57b877c01 it is what it is ...

Again, it is something CWL & Goats does to most enemies it encounters - we are 80-90% Off alliance - we exist to have fun and attack

I'm sure plenty out there, including Emerik ; Marduk_COM aka mazzi ; fnx ; ELE ; Shammybear ; wishmaster3 ; @[ cwl ] Brezzok ; Raelag ; La Mala Ice or Galaxysong_COM can confirm my words.

Only break from CWL or GOATs we took in 2015 when we helped SGR in com1 win and The Wild win in com5.

@[ cwl ] Brezzok do you have anything to add?

Some would say we were the residents of com4, while it still had quality; were residents of com7, while it still existed before we moved to com4 and so on.

Reducing 1x server amount would also minimize this type of thing: COM4: Won by GOAT Z (July 2018 - February 2019)

This is a very serious issue on its won I believe too. I have nothing against team GOAT&co, it's just an example what happens when you have one decent sized team play on a less active server. Less servers would mean the remaining would potentially be much more active, thus much more competitive.

I'm sure Hear_No_Evil [CWL][GOATs] and @[ cwl ] Brezzok would also prefer a much more interesting competitive server themselves, rather than something that's decided shortly after artifacts spawn.

¬¬¬¬
    Hear No Evil (Chaotic War Lords / GOATs) :wolf:

¬
    respect for Wild, GoDz, IM, SGR, Gold, Infamous, REST, Dacia, AoW, MC, etc.
    Miss those good old pro players.

Post was edited 2 times, last by Hear_No_Evil [CWL][GOATs] ().

• FYI - just for reference, com5 2015 - The Wild vs Immortals versus others

http://i.imgur.com/3v4uT3U.jpg  La Mala Ice - very competitive and fun round also.

Kudos to you for kicking our ass once back in 2009 or 2010. You helped us understand we should not be only OFF oriented

Back to this thread topic, there are a lot of improvements that need to come, to avoid spiraling more into a point of no return.

I honestly hope this year, with Legends on Tour Summit, and after, we will see a plan at least - for real improvements

¬¬¬¬
    Hear No Evil (Chaotic War Lords / GOATs) :wolf:

¬
    respect for Wild, GoDz, IM, SGR, Gold, Infamous, REST, Dacia, AoW, MC, etc.
    Miss those good old pro players.

Post was edited 1 time, last by Hear_No_Evil [CWL][GOATs] ().