[Discussion] Legends on Tour 2019 Summit!

• why jaruby isn't nominated here???????????

but since he isn't, i voted for Blaze , he should totally go and hit them with some cranny gangsta playstyle there, maybe drop several tutorials while on the way

When i grow up i want to be Jaruby

bax - g&br, AGRICOLA TEAM, King Kong, LiMun
    hrx - Haile Selassie
    rsx - BamBam, AGRICOLA TEAM
    dex - Tanjur
    hr1 - Trevor, CharlieSheen
    hr2 - Vidi Pasa, Disperadun
    cz20 - Kenny McCormic
    comx - fedjagurabi (Summer 2017), Tricky Martin(Fall 2017), Q3K (Spring 2018), Krtola&Sale (Fall 2018)

• Hi, there was a technical issue when the poll went live, but it was fixed, and only unique votes will be counted.

ridder_huma_sig.png

Members of the Travian Team works on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

• A few observations:

• I'm hearing that the "security" to prevent multiple votes is easily bypassed. Nothing can be done about it this year but hopefully a more secure process can be implemented next year. I have some thoughts on this that I will put together for the powers that be. The general gist is they need to leverage multiple measures to prevent and detect multi voting, rather than the one or two that appears to be the case currently.
    • Tournament definitely needs its own slot for a representative
    • Given the international nature of COM it might make sense to assign it 2 spots (in addition to the Tournament specific one)
    • There should be a limit imposed on how often someone can go. While COM is competitive, many of the other domains are very likely to send the same people who went last year. Sending so many of the same people will diminish the value of what can be learned from the representatives.
    • I would suggest next year they include a "free" day of sorts after all of the workshops. A day where the representatives can explore Munich. Using this years schedule as an example, people would start flying home on Sunday the 12th instead of Saturday the 11th. Why? See the above regarding the diversity of representatives. From an outside perspective it would seem a limited number of qualified candidates applied (despite the large number of applications). A day in Munich could be an additional incentive to get others to apply. Yes we all love Travian but in a lot of ways this is like a "work" trip, a little more fun might help convince qualified people to apply.
    • The process as a whole is an improvement over last year, it is important that the community has more of a say in who goes. There are still other modifications I think can be made though to further improve the process.

These are just some early things I've noticed. Like I said this year the process is an improvement, but there are always things that can be improved on. This is a learning process and to be a bit cliche, perfection is a journey not a destination.

• True that!

I second that opinion. There are multiple possibilities out there, to both secure these forms

Sadly I see no trackers there and although the tool used surveygizmo (https://www.surveygizmo.com) is an apparent ok tool, it's security is ... absent.

It works as a cookie based item, but still.

An item worth improving for future iterations.

Although there might be a fear of wrongdoing with voting, as I said before - I trust that all nominees here would bring quality to the event - I personally have no trust issues with any of the other nominees - I might know better some of them, such as Emerik and Safiren - from the multiple years under our belts - but otherwise, we all applied thinking about the best of the communities we represent.

Similarly as other candidates said, I see it primarily as an opportunity to give back - to give back to the people, make their voices and their needs of improvement heard, make the experience better in the end. I trust we all want that - there's no personal gain - any of us would get from it - other than a couple of days off from work to go in a different country to - you guessed it work some more. The gain is for the game and if the objectives we would achieve during those days, that would transform into a tangible plan, a win for all players.

On the other hand, I truly agree with the above, on the fact that Tournament would deserve to have its' unique representative, as Tournament is a huge community with various needs and implications, significantly different than those from normal or x2 .COM rounds.

On the other topic, as Ravi wrote above, I disagree - it's not "easy" for us to "drive" to Munich. Munich, driving to Munich for me would take between 16 and 18hours if I leave in a no traffic timeframe. Nevertheless, I wouldn't mind paying for my own flight - yet I wouldn't be able to afford around 1k Euro for the 6-7 days, when average pay in my country is in neighborhood of 500-600 euros. ('nuf said lol.)

As far as what I bring to the table, it's quite detailed in my description - happy to bring more details to anyone asking.

I'm a fairly structured person, and I would simply leverage all the abilities I gained in my professional, personal and game life, to find the best areas of improvement for us.

Strictly concerning me, if I get chosen, I would have time 2-3 months to gather ideas - both from all other nominees, from previous alliances I played in - combine an effort of collecting feedback, structuring it in an understandable way - easy for all parties involved in developing the game - to understand -> and compile it together with my personal view on what ought to be done.

Next I would sit down with front end and back end developers I work with on day to day basis, to see what they would also suggest from an UI and UX perspective.

Following that, I would involve some of my designer friends, to seek areas of improvement they would suggest, from an aesthetic point of view.

All of the above, I would put then in an open discussion here in the forums, in a secure place - or on discord - to make sure as much quality feedback is received, prior to the event.

My other suggestion would be to have one of the days, open to public. We have multiple experience players dating back from old days to modern days of travian, living in Munich - that I am sure could and would come to a Q&A session - for an open session of feedback/brainstorming on several ideas.

I personally know 3, that I doubt would say no to this initiative. If informed in due time, I trust they could come for half a day, in one of the days.

best wishes

Claudiu

A few observations:

• I'm hearing that the "security" to prevent multiple votes is easily bypassed. Nothing can be done about it this year but hopefully a more secure process can be implemented next year. I have some thoughts on this that I will put together for the powers that be. The general gist is they need to leverage multiple measures to prevent and detect multi voting, rather than the one or two that appears to be the case currently.
    • Tournament definitely needs its own slot for a representative
    • Given the international nature of COM it might make sense to assign it 2 spots (in addition to the Tournament specific one)
    • There should be a limit imposed on how often someone can go. While COM is competitive, many of the other domains are very likely to send the same people who went last year. Sending so many of the same people will diminish the value of what can be learned from the representatives.
    • I would suggest next year they include a "free" day of sorts after all of the workshops. A day where the representatives can explore Munich. Using this years schedule as an example, people would start flying home on Sunday the 12th instead of Saturday the 11th. Why? See the above regarding the diversity of representatives. From an outside perspective it would seem a limited number of qualified candidates applied (despite the large number of applications). A day in Munich could be an additional incentive to get others to apply. Yes we all love Travian but in a lot of ways this is like a "work" trip, a little more fun might help convince qualified people to apply.
    • The process as a whole is an improvement over last year, it is important that the community has more of a say in who goes. There are still other modifications I think can be made though to further improve the process.

These are just some early things I've noticed. Like I said this year the process is an improvement, but there are always things that can be improved on. This is a learning process and to be a bit cliche, perfection is a journey not a destination.

¬¬¬¬
    Hear No Evil (Chaotic War Lords / GOATs) :wolf:

¬
    respect for Wild, GoDz, IM, SGR, Gold, Infamous, REST, Dacia, AoW, MC, etc.
    Miss those good old pro players.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hear_No_Evil [CWL][GOATs] ().

• I somehow lived under the impression this is a serious conversation, where nominees express their ideas and opinions on the Legends on Tour topic - was not aware this is a free for spam for all kind of thing.

Respect for other people ought to exist, imho.

Good to know.

¬¬¬¬
    Hear No Evil (Chaotic War Lords / GOATs) :wolf:

¬
    respect for Wild, GoDz, IM, SGR, Gold, Infamous, REST, Dacia, AoW, MC, etc.
    Miss those good old pro players.

• @ each

Who ever wins. Remember your representative of com totally not one section to push 1 agenda..

Personal gripe is TGs own bot accounts THAT they flood the servers with

You see them every few weeks forming massive ring all with IDs continuously. When u report to MH they ban instantly the ones u say but leave the other hundreds

More MHs better also

Less servers

Less pay2win

And at RIDDER learn from how you screwed me by sending me email for discord chat in 3 months time so screwed my nomination ... if you edit this post then you did not learn and using admin rights to hide instead of addressing.

Wish all nominee's the best

And expect a thread later on what was achieved

Brezz

Peter

• A reminder that this is a place for serious discussion about the topics players would like to see discussed and to ask questions of the nominees. You do not have to like them but you do need to play nice. Off topic posts and those that are mean spirited will be deleted without warning.

• Congratulations to Emerik. If I was not a candidate myself, I would have probably voted for him too. Deserved to say the least.

Ty to the people who voted for me, but seems like my scandinavian peasants didnt do enough. <3

They see me rolling
    They hating

• Congratulations to Emerik. If I was not a candidate myself, I would have probably voted for him too. Deserved to say the least.

Ty to the people who voted for me, but seems like my scandinavian peasants didnt do enough. <3

You do know that you still have to pay 50% of the amount we agreed on, even if you didn’t win.

You know my Paypal already.

• Thank you ! If you read this and you voted for me, thank you ! this was a nice surprise.

A lot of people wanted me to represent our COM domain to Munich and in the next days I will start collecting ideas, feed back, suggestions and topics.

I am not going to Munich to represent only players from Finals / Tournament, or to represent only the players who voted for me, but I am going there to represent ALL COM domain players, like Pete (Brezzok) said.

Rest assure, I am well aware of that and I will prepare accordingly.

Regards

Teutonic Steel, Tournament 13-14-15-16-17-18 :hero3:
    Archangels, Dacia, 2011 (com5) - Archangels, WoD, 2010 (com1), Timb3r, ReF/CWL, 2009 (com6) - Arwen in 2008 (com5), Emerik in 2007 (com5), 2006 (com1), 2005 (com1)

• Okay. So first I'd like to talk about the introduction of rewards(gold) based on accomplishments. Almost every online game has a currency, just like travian. The only difference is that Travian has only one way to get, by purchasing it. Will quote myself from my initial post on this topic as I'd like to not type it again :P

"the simplest way to look at things would be to see how newer players interact with the game. With such a steep learning curve and the pay to win aspect, its extremely hard for a newbie, with little to no gold, to actually survive the initial stage. Perhaps gold could be used as an incentive (like most mobile games have gems or such being awarded). So if you complete a daily task or an overall achievement (for example killing 1k troops) you get a little gold to aid you. To people buying 1600 packages every 2 weeks, these rewards will be pennies, but to the average non golder, it would do wonders. If the game is more playable to new players and non golders, we will eventually see the 'irrelevance' of the game fade away. As it stands, new players never stick as they dont find it appealing enough to spend hours and hours to eventually end up getting owned by high skilled golders, with the older players growing tired of the stale game and retiring too"

Now lets move on to the next few points. 'Game balancing' to be more speccific. Like I said, game is stale af. And one of my friends Danilo had advised this to me, and I'd like to forward it to you as i completely agree with it. Almost every game in the world has constant balancing of weapons/money/etc. For travian this applies to the troops. For as long as I can remember the troops off, and deff stats have been the same. Making the game stale. If there are constant buffs or nerfs, it will allow new strategies with every update and allow people to explore things not possible rn. Maybe eeven a new type of arti once a year or something. Who knows. Be creative. It also ends up being appealing to veterans as it gives them something new to do, and not play a game they've already mastered.

Moving further into game balancing, here are a few ideas for each tribe.

Nerf Teuton. Everything is simply OP for a teuton. The only real downfall I see is their cavalry off being [Less than ideal]. Which honestly isn't that big of a downfall either. Crop consumption is not an issue due to their superb raiding. And Mace very well make up for the [bad] cavalry off. Spears and paladins make teuton a worthy def tribe too. Wall is good too. Everything is good. Needs nerf. Either make the wall less usefull (like huns) or some other balance

Buff Gaul ffs. Their special building is absolutely [horrible]. Trapper? really? Lets compare them to other tribes' special buildings. HDT for romans which provides them 20% faster training time in stable as well as reducing crop consumption by 1 for each cav (at lvl 20). Teutons get a 10% buff to their off while brewery is active. No there is no downfall to a brewery unless youre stubborn and wanna go for a wwk instead of a wwr. Now lets go to trapper..... Nuff said.

Their off as it stands I'm satisfied with (as its supposed to be heavy deff favoured tribe), but not their deff. Teutons almost match them when it comes to def/time, and gauls consume a lot of crop too. Perhaps a buff to their wall. (So maybe a trade between the gaul wall and teuton wall iirc how each tribes' walls are)

Romans slight buff. As it stands Romans are mediocre in each aspect. In most servers roman lose to Teutons in farming due to sheer mass of mace. Def/time is worst, even below teutons which is supposed to be an off tribe (see why teut need nerf). The only thing they excel at is Low crop consumption and solid off/time and raiding aspect from their cav. Which sadly imps lower down to, oh, make it mediocre once again -.-. I do realise there are other appealing factors too, such as multiple buildings at once and scouts. Hence why I say slight buff. But they do need it. Their infantry and merchants are slow af too. Perhaps a buff to imperians, or prets. Either. NOT BOTH or you'll make another OP tribe like teut.

A reminder again, keep playing around with the numbers until you find the perfect combination of numbers. Its not balanced right now. Also if I understand it correctly, most new/non spending people go with roman/gaul. Due to them being a relatively strong tribe for newbies/nonspenders. While most pros prefer to go teuton (as an off player, and some with def). Make all the tribes appealing to all the audience. Don't have 35-40% of roman and gaul in every server, and only 25% or something of teut.

Now lets move on to MH's omfgasdfghj....
    Pay them, please. Make them think that if they dont do their job properly they actually have something to lose. We've not been replied to for up to 40h on 3x servers, equaling to 5 days on a 1x server. Thats 1 reply, not the amount of time it took to solve the matter. That would be about 2 weeks. Not to mention unjust bans. Yes, it happens, no matter what people say. We've been banned on comx unjustly and then told "sorry, youre right, it wasnt a just ban" after 4 days or so (again, equal to almost 2 weeks on a 1x server) with a little "heres 20 gold for compensation, rules state we dont have to compensate you, but we felt bad" as a cherry on the top. And it wasnt a one in a million occurence as it happened to many others that very server. This was just an example, of the state of the MHs. I've had pleasant encounters with MHs too, but there is an inconsistency which shouldnt exist. ALSO, please when you ban someone, tell them what the IP was for the device at fault. In most cases, there are multiple duals and no one owns up to it. Only the MH can him/herself tell us who caused the ban to occur. If they dont, we are left clueless and the cheater will most definitely repeat it on the account he/she plays next. Causing another few people to lose their time and money due to his/her incompotence. Its extremely important to get this sorted, as i do understand that there are some specific laws which prevent MH's from revealing IP. Be that as it may, you need to get it sorted.

No tolerance policy towards FFs. Ive discussed this before here already, so will just quote it.

" Personal farms are indeed a game changer. As a regular on comx myself, this has been one of the key aspects which seperates high skilled players. Whether they have been friendly farming or not. TG has taken 1 step towards fixing that, by making sure you cannot reinforce people who are not a confed of yours. Preventing those main accounts from defending their multis/friendly farms(ff). But then agian if the alliance is not a meta or if the player simply makes an alliance of his/her own, he/she could simple be in confed with the embassy filled with those tech accounts, and counter TG's step.

The main issue as it stands is with the rules. So perhaps a no tolerance policy towards accounts which are simply garages or are meant to be farmed would help. Im sure MH's can sort through the reported accounts to determind which is being used be specific players to simply farm. Im guessing this would raise concerns as to which farm is considering a ff, and which is considered an ordinary farm. In order to determine that, MHs could simply check if they are in confed with the player in concern or not. If they are, and are being farmed and then deffed against other incomings, its an ff. If the acc is outside the confed, then let it remain as they are open to enemies to raid, and the account in question cant reinforce it. A constant in and out of confed would also result in foul play and a ban. Hope it makes sense.

Another way would be to set a low limit to how much can be raided from a player in confed. Forcing players to have their tech accounts outside of confeds, and hence opening them up to the rest of the server to farm or 0, as they cannot be defended. "

Broken Def Point System. I had created a thread about this before. SO will link that here. The Broken Def-Point System

There are a bunch of other gameplay aspects I'm probably forgetting, but these points are my main concern. I'm sure the other wonderful people will fill you in with the rest of it. My wrists are also starting to hurt, so i'll stop.

F's in the chat Schmitz' Katze

They see me rolling
    They hating

The post was edited 2 times, last by Blaze: Edited swears... ().

• About unjust bans, I got a message right know. A player banned for multies but known as anti in her ally. Before she had replied to MH the account was unlocked and all troops removed.

I want to know if this is a new way for MH to act since it's not the first time I heard that players have been punished before they have had a chance to answer or punished before they have confirmed because they still claim they are innocent.