Real questions are:
1. how to we make it competitive again
2. how do we reduce the Pay 2 win factor
3. how do we combat the numerous tactical inequalities that come now with new balance changes
4. when will personal farms, garages and tech accounts stop being a thing for present days.
5. when will there be more predictability on how and when game develops/ servers start
6. when will the voice of community will be really heard - hint - since we are the ones that bring the money through gold purchase, ad placements and so on - game would have better income with a wider community again.
7. when will there be a better communication be implemented between Moderators (of any sort) and the players - really, a better bonus scheme would help for them - not just the gold they get monthly to play on servers. - at least make basic work contracts - so their experience can really go to their CVs and get perhaps better jobs in real life too
8. of course, all points written down by wishmaster3 , and others, need to be addressed - for the proper improvement of the game
I'd like your thoughts on some of the recent balance changes, for reference, we had a discussion of them here:
I will quote some of the specific posts too for each point.
Trade office buff:
This was a great addition for the annual special servers with regions, where clusters and villages will be far apart as a natural result of the need to spread out in multiple regions.
However, for ordinary legends servers...
As is well known, your meta pulled off a massive WW defense on last years finals. On the recent com1 we saw some very large WW defenses from both sides too, and of course have occasionally seen the 20m+ on x1 servers (Wild and SNAPFU). Now, all of these were exceptional, and a testimony to the setups and hard work of the metas involved. These massive WW defenses meant that WWKs did little or no damage, except at early levels, or for the very top tier WWKs.
The Trade Office was massively buffed. This should make it significantly easier to pull off the massive defenses at WWs, even for less coordinated teams. This will skew the game towards WWKs having less impact (and increasing the desire for tech/garage abusing WWKs (I know this is normal on tourney, but it's not as normal on ordinary x1 servers)).
What are your thoughts on this?
Also, on a smaller note, it makes the commerce alliance bonus more or less obsolete (even though it was buffed).
Tournament square buff:
It is well known that tourney servers have a lot of local skirmishing, due to the crowded nature of the server, which means DCing works differently than on ordinary servers. Tourney also have the most active and dedicated players and leaders.
For ordinary legends servers, there is usually less local skirmishing (at least after quads have been consolidated), leaders and players aren't willing to sacrifice their real life as much and so on. This leads to some concerns from a DC perspective - i.e. it's a very strong buff to the offensive side of travian, and a strong nerf for DCs. It also gives an even bigger advantage to pre-formed/aggresive/experienced teams, who will now dismantle new players even faster (driving away less-experienced, non-preformed players and metas).
Here are some quotes:
Brewery buff for teutons:
Teutons were already the strongest off/time of all tribes (even without brewery, and even more so with brewery, even at level 10). Adding another 10% on top if obviously a huge buff. From TG's perspective, they're buffing teutons because they're not as played as the other tribes. But playrate does not equal balance. Typically the less experienced, less active and less gold spending players will pick other tribes - this doesn't mean that the tribe is underpowered.
I'll again pull some quotes:
I know there's a lot to read - I look forward to hear your thoughts when you have time. I hope others feel free to join the discussion too - Blaze ?