[Discussion] Legends on Tour 2019 Summit!

• Real questions are:

1. how to we make it competitive again

2. how do we reduce the Pay 2 win factor

3. how do we combat the numerous tactical inequalities that come now with new balance changes

4. when will personal farms, garages and tech accounts stop being a thing for present days.

5. when will there be more predictability on how and when game develops/ servers start

6. when will the voice of community will be really heard - hint - since we are the ones that bring the money through gold purchase, ad placements and so on - game would have better income with a wider community again.

7. when will there be a better communication be implemented between Moderators (of any sort) and the players - really, a better bonus scheme would help for them - not just the gold they get monthly to play on servers. - at least make basic work contracts - so their experience can really go to their CVs and get perhaps better jobs in real life too

8. of course, all points written down by wishmaster3 , and others, need to be addressed - for the proper improvement of the game

regards

C.

¬¬¬¬
    Hear No Evil (Chaotic War Lords / GOATs) :wolf:

¬
    respect for Wild, GoDz, IM, SGR, Gold, Infamous, REST, Dacia, AoW, MC, etc.
    Miss those good old pro players.

• Well, these are some ideas on some points, which not everyone may like, but anyway...

Reduction of same type servers per domain. 1x servers really have an insanely big choice, which divides the community.

Anything more than 4 would be overkill in my opinion, if they put a bit more effort in server restart speed you could still have servers pop up every 2-3 months, which is sufficient. It's the same time 3x players have to wait if they miss one server, mind you.

The outcome is more active and competitive servers.

The main issue of P2W is the auction and hero items. Perhaps an introduction of auction limitation regarding how many of a specific type of item you can buy and use at a certain stage?

Stackable consumables

[:item10: / :item11: / :item14: / :item07::item08: / :item09:]

You can buy maximum 10 of these items daily while Tier 1 items are out.

You can buy maximum 30 of these items daily while Tier 2 items are out.

You can buy maximum 50 of these items daily while Tier 3 items are out.

Nonstackable consumables

[:item12: / :item13: / :item15:]

You can buy maximum 1 of these items daily while Tier 1 items are out.

You can buy maximum 2 of these items daily while Tier 1 items are out.

You can buy maximum 3 of these items daily while Tier 1 items are out.

The nerf with artworks was fine, but what I don't like is that you can still buy more of them.

If you weren't able to buy more of them, others would have a better shot at getting the desired item as well. It's a win-win situation in my eyes.

Note: This might not reduce the amount of spending, but greatly reduces the advantage such people receive from auctions.

What good is all the silver you can afford, if you can only buy limited quantities of items.

4. when will personal farms, garages and tech accounts stop being a thing for present days.

When the MH starts doing their job properly. It's not that hard to see when a certain someone is only being farmed by a certain someone or when an account has only foreign troops on itself, while having none of his own.

The MH just needs to take action in this case, not ''I don't wanna deal with this'', there are domains where the MH does take action, which sadly isn't the case on .com, so the only way to solve this is to remind the MH what his job is. Or just replace him if he doesn't really feel like doing his job.

I slightly feel bad about trashing the MH, but then again... this wouldn't be necessary if actions were taken when they should be, opposed to certain situations, albeit rare.

Post was edited 2 times, last by Wolkenengel ().

• When the MH starts doing their job properly. It's not that hard to see when a certain someone is only being farmed by a certain someone or when an account has only foreign troops on itself, while having none of his own.

The MH just needs to take action in this case, not ''I don't wanna deal with this'', there are domains where the MH does take action, which sadly isn't the case on .com, so the only way to solve this is to remind the MH what his job is. Or just replace him if he doesn't really feel like doing his job.

I slightly feel bad about trashing the MH, but then again... this wouldn't be necessary if actions were taken when they should be, opposed to certain situations, albeit rare.

This is no issue of good or bad MH. I recall two representants of TG (feanor and templar knight iirc) state that being a friendly farm was a way of 'playing for your team' and was perfectly fine with the rules of the game.

As long as this is said by CMs.... what actions should MHs take?

banner-Nut-The-Squirrels.png

"Between impulse and action there is a realm of good taste begging for your acquaintance."
    (the doctor, voy4/25)

• This is no issue of good or bad MH. I recall two representants of TG (feanor and templar knight iirc) state that being a friendly farm was a way of 'playing for your team' and was perfectly fine with the rules of the game.

As long as this is said by CMs.... what actions should MHs take?

I say CM's should stick to the forums, as TK showed time and time again how utterly horrible his statements can get.

• would be nice if CMs actually cared for the game and not the money :D but one can just wish

Com4(2018-19) - The Force

Qualifiers (INT 2019) - Space Force

Finals (2019-18) - Mighty Geese

• Again, it is something CWL & Goats does to most enemies it encounters - we are 80-90% Off alliance - we exist to have fun and attack

I'm sure plenty out there, including Emerik ; Marduk_COM ; fnx ; ELE ; Shammybear ; wishmaster3 ; @[ cwl ] Brezzok ; Raelag ; La Mala Ice or Galaxysong_COM can confirm my words.

Real questions are:

First off - the reason that the server was easy was not because there was no competition - but due to the fact that Goats beat them with active Leadership + experience. Good players pop on all quadrants - every server there's some new talent. They require some leadership. SGR has started in com1 with as few as 10 core players and played against some big names - just by relying at the recruits - we managed to give enemies a fine fight where the game ended at our losing ww of 94. And that's only due to a lot of mistakes happening by our players' lack of experience (from the wwk hitting before rammer due to uk time to the unique arti lost to enemies when our player forgot to equip the horn). We'd have still lost though but with an with an even smaller gap.

As of right now - leadership + quality players can easily win over any sort quantity. Leadership and experience were the factors lacking on the other sides of com4 Goats server. Teams these days are too much worried about spies joining them - and so many new enthusiastic players miss the chance of learning by getting declined to join big alliances. And on the other hand - due to getting bullied out of the server, they will not want to play this game again.

There's three ways of grooming imo. One is big metas being a little more open with recruitment - and then being a little more open with telling their players what's going on - so that they can learn it and if someday they play their own rounds, they could use those strategies. (eg of an alliance who does this, SGR)

Second is - new metas should form. This is more like player based contribution - some experienced players could go into another server, start a new alliance and start grooming a new leadership (eg. Se7en and TEN I believe)

Third is - if Travian sponsors 1-2 players every server with some gold, and assigning those players an igm tag of advisors (to redirect messages to those sponsored players) - and in return those players will have to provide the right advice to the players.

It all lies in grooming new players. Advisors can also link them to some forum guides which are getting outdated every day. I will try to get arsed enough to drop a guide or two :P Which I believe is the job of this cry-baby community who keeps asking the TG to do their side of job which overlooking their own contributions. (me included xD I been procrastinating on writing guides for a long while now)

i just want u to know i have no prob with u not knowing good English but don't act smart and use stuff i said that u don't even understand to try to hurt me bro

• I have to add one important thing here

TRAVIAN IS NOT PAY TO WIN

Xy examples for this

I saw accounts in comx spending 20-40k gold and doing NOTHING

I saw accounts in comx spending up to 2k gold, and being usefull in a manner that they can decide the server

This game can’t be played if you don’t insvest ton of time into it, thinking days upfront, knowing how timeline of the server works, where are the limits, how to reach the limits, how to pass the limits, and most importantly, skill in this game is built with time, no free gold, no tutorials, no balancing, no nothing, go start 10 servers, 9 of them you will fail, but after you pass a line in that last one, then you became a good player. Start the server, end the server, dont start 7 servers while it lasts, and it will be fine. Game is still perfectly balanced in all manners.

When i grow up i want to be Jaruby

bax - g&br, AGRICOLA TEAM, King Kong, LiMun
    hrx - Haile Selassie
    rsx - BamBam, AGRICOLA TEAM
    dex - Tanjur
    hr1 - Trevor, CharlieSheen
    hr2 - Vidi Pasa, Disperadun
    cz20 - Kenny McCormic
    comx - fedjagurabi (Summer 2017), Tricky Martin(Fall 2017), Q3K (Spring 2018), Krtola&Sale (Fall 2018)

Post was edited 1 time, last by Yowie: Removed swear ().

• Next up - if we ignored com4, was com3, which currently in 118 looks equally bad.

Not sure if you mean current com3.. But afaik, there are 2 or 3 pre-made teams there atm - and it started while com1 was already running (and this with 4 (kinda 5) premades on com1). I think there have been plenty of pre-mades showing up the last couple of years - not the old guard no, but national teams pop up (Russians, some other Eastern Europeans), new teams do form.. But yes, you can't join any server and expect to see a pre-made, that's true.

• Can't agree fully with that.

Sure there are bot-like players whaling the s out of the game doing nothing but farming. But you are comparing two different type of players, with two different budgets which is proving nothing.

Let's compare type B of a player (which is game-changing type of player) with different budget.

Give that man:

1. 500 gold per month

2. 1200 gold per month

3. 10.000 gold per month

You will find that with more gold this player will perform better. Which is pretty obvious to us all. And very natural to this type of game. What I personally would love to see, as a player, is this gap fully closed (idealistic) or atleast TG aiming at closing it as much as they can. Why? Becouse we are players, we should care about game where most variables are skill based not gold based. And in TG hands is to balance it.

tl;dr You are correct that there are newbish players whaling. I'm pointing out that active player with more gold can do much more, and we should pressure to close the gap. TG should care about balancing.

• Being one of their main sources of income, I would not expect them to ever even think about that.

tl;dr You are correct that there are newbish players whaling. I'm pointing out that active player with more gold can do much more, and we should pressure to close the gap. TG should care about balancing.

¬¬¬¬

¬

Post was edited 1 time, last by Hear_No_Evil [CWL][GOATs] ().

• I hope Emerik will ignore this event after situation on finals server.

Admins can do notning again, bug with died troop we have every 4 last server in a row (every years they said "We fix, in future all be ok"). Admin do rollback again, Again aftrer many hours of active server (why they dont shutdown server as soon as possible?). TG ignoring players and dont have any normal answer on igm to mh. Players can "play" more than 30 hours after bug was found, they do many activity and spent time for nothing.

dn
    время время время..

ЧЕ:dojik, Hamster;
    ЧМ1:Singing Heart, MightyRU; ЧМ2:Femme Fatale, ситтер на lspci, MightyRU; ЧМ3:после артов KukuYOPTA, CerbeR; ЧМ4:Ternura, ситтер на Ruk, CerbeR; ЧМ5: Caprice, CerbeR; ЧМ6: Lontra, CerbeR, ситтер на Mors; ЧМ7: zmey_gorynych, CerbeR, ситтер на UNI;

the end

• I would say that's all the more reasons that Emerik should attend this event

i just want u to know i have no prob with u not knowing good English but don't act smart and use stuff i said that u don't even understand to try to hurt me bro

• I would say that's all the more reasons that Emerik should attend this event

For what? He can saw another round of lie and ignoring from TG team? Good point.

dn
    время время время..

ЧЕ:dojik, Hamster;
    ЧМ1:Singing Heart, MightyRU; ЧМ2:Femme Fatale, ситтер на lspci, MightyRU; ЧМ3:после артов KukuYOPTA, CerbeR; ЧМ4:Ternura, ситтер на Ruk, CerbeR; ЧМ5: Caprice, CerbeR; ЧМ6: Lontra, CerbeR, ситтер на Mors; ЧМ7: zmey_gorynych, CerbeR, ситтер на UNI;

the end

• How about you mind your own business and let him decide for himself?

• Alternative is giving up on the game. You don't require a representative to quit the game. As a representative of .com, he should be representing entire .com community and not only finals with the issues and problems we are facing - that's the responsibility he signed up for. If you (finals players ) don't want a representative, make sure you all tell him to exclude finals from discussion. On behalf of 1x server though, we'd like Emerik to still represent us. We want the changes from special servers (not ROA's mergence) to be introduced within normal servers too (5 Tribes, anti-spiking confeds as we call it <- 1x players don't care about limitations of confeds, and chiefing maintains the village tribe status). If final players care about confeds too - they could ask them to make confeds proportional to the server size with a base of 3 or 4.

Post was edited 1 time, last by fnx: *a little bit improved grammar ().

• Admins can do notning again, bug with died troop we have every 4 last server in a row (every years they said "We fix, in future all be ok"). Admin do rollback again, Again aftrer many hours of active server (why they dont shutdown server as soon as possible?). TG ignoring players and dont have any normal answer on igm to mh. Players can "play" more than 30 hours after bug was found, they do many activity and spent time for nothing.

When same similar bug happens 4 years in a row , there is nobody needed to represent finals to talk about that...

it just means, 4 years nothing changed.... And still same again?....

So who needs to represent players if bugs are not fixed??

Think we could send in a pig, squirrel or any kind of species with more then 2 brain cells (sorry for non pregnant blondes!) and have same result for next year?

Like we send their equivalent if it has not more then 2 brain cells per living being.

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed . . .

History:

Dirty! (nl1/de1), Violence (nl4), Avoid (nl7), Bazen (nl4), MUG (nl2, nl5, nl4), Cocktail (nl6), Prandur/Camorra (nl2), Vandalen (nl5), Borgia (nl2) and many more not listed.

Valhalla, Carpe Diem (t3 .com classics), CS! 2017 finals (Croatia)

CUP 2018 finals, X3 2019 finals (Russia)

~ The special one... ~

• if that still persists, maybe it is a sign that finals players should return to regular speed x1 / x2 / x3 and collaborate with us others in .COM and national servers too ;)

¬¬¬¬

¬

• if that still persists, maybe it is a sign that finals players should return to regular speed x1 / x2 / x3 and collaborate with us others in .COM and national servers too ;)

Reason tournament is fun, because you play against the best of other nationalities. What's the fun in it if people return to their own national servers, that's why there is a tournament server which has a bigger server capacity and support for other languages in-game.

Though, I don't have really bad experiences with qualifications servers, which are very fun to play at. It's just Finals which gets messed up every time with bugs.

• Reason tournament is fun, because you play against the best of other nationalities. What's the fun in it if people return to their own national servers, that's why there is a tournament server which has a bigger server capacity and support for other languages in-game.

Though, I don't have really bad experiences with qualifications servers, which are very fun to play at. It's just Finals which gets messed up every time with bugs.

sry, i have to disagree. Tournament is sooo packed - I doubt there's any strategy possible there. You cannot make enemies think that your attacks are fakes - when they might be defending a fake from another of the thousand+ active player.

Join a local server, wit 4 other metas and you'll know what's fun. You don't have to go to your local servers, you can go to someone else's local server - or better yet, come to international .com servers. Start a cross-domain forum post and prepare enemies. Honestly, if no finals - all the teams will return to .com domains. We had mightyRU, huns team - and so many other fun teams. Now it's us few metas fighting off in com1 server every year.