[Discussion] Legends on Tour 2019 Summit!

• Considering average meta in tournament is 1k+ accounts, neither are they just a bundle of random players. I don't think any normal server can handle a meta from finals, you've 5 to choose from.

it should be interesting (as long as number of players will be comparable).

Noel, 8:13 PM

She breaks my heart, I break their armies

• i think both will have hard time adapting to circumstances not being used to.

on x1 (.com) there's more time available, so less numbers needed

on x2 (finals) there's more need of numbers , to gain advantages asap.

It will depend on team, leadership, activity and ability to adapt which one will have upperhand. it is totally different gameplay.

(yes, i played old .com with 1000+ meta on x1 servers)

OUD: Dirty! (nl1/de1), Violence (nl4), Avoid (nl7), Bazen (nl4), MUG (nl2, nl5, nl4), Cocktail (nl6), Prandur/Camorra (nl2), Vandalen (nl5), Borgia (nl2), Valhalla/Carpe Diem (.com), CS! 2017 finals, Cup 2018 finals

• 25a7bc4e-6839-4139-863b-497d92e1fea9.png

Please please please - fix this. My account spends at least 1k gold per month, and still I cannot afford these items... How can someone spend 100 gold for breast plate that gives 250 fs? Not even enough for adventures after the nerf.

We cannot buy ointments, we cannot buy books, cannot buy cages - this is what happens when bots are removed. I hope everyone that was against bots is happy now. This used to be an armor at least every 10 mins, now even 1 page is not filled up. While Travian found ways to counter bots, they did not increase and "extend" their own item drops to increase the supply that used to be filled by bots.

This is now a weird pay to win where only the richest of the players can take part. If our budget is 100 gold in auctions per month, we're going to spend 100 gold in auctions, whether we get one legion sword out of it (like right now) or we get a sword and a 1k oints (as it used to be in the glorious times of the bots). This is bad economics, nothing's going to affect Travian. but a lot to lose for the players. It's day 9 of server and we still cannot afford a CP helmet that goes for over 100k silver... :|

PS: I don't really think bots were removed, looks like even they realised this is a dead-end game.

i just want u to know i have no prob with u not knowing good English but don't act smart and use stuff i said that u don't even understand to try to hurt me bro

• The point was to reduce pay to win advantages, not reduce amount of pay to win users.

But until they introduce a limit of consumables once can buy, not use it will stay as it is.

tumblr_static_85925g0bn2sckws4ks4008kk8.png

si4 2007/08 Vrba [ANCIENT]

si5 2012/13 orangutan [AK]

si2 2017/18 sph1nX / Blobfish [Midgard]

si1 2018 .iDKz! [RM]

com29 2018 sph1nX [UN-C]

com83 2018/19 Bacardi Time [DSC-IDTS]

TT Finals 2018/19 Witch King [Union]

Anglosphere6 2018/19 Fimbultyr [Bifrost]

• You are boosting yourself like your hole meta to get most deffpoints.

"Those prizes attracted a bad crowd"

Dacia are just noobs.

• Please please please - fix this. My account spends at least 1k gold per month, and still I cannot afford these items... How can someone spend 100 gold for breast plate that gives 250 fs? Not even enough for adventures after the nerf.

We cannot buy ointments, we cannot buy books, cannot buy cages

How is that even a problem, because of these botters there was a heavy influx of cages and ointment which made pay to win people even stronger, because of the high supply they could buy way more cages and ointments with their budget. Clearing oasis or players for a quite cheaper price than without botters, which made many people quit travian in the first place. So by having pay to win players to have access to a smaller supply of auction items will reduce the amount of items each pay to win player can get and will have. Sure it will make it harder for people to buy items for their hero, but at the same time free to play items get 10x more gold this way then they sell their items to get their gold club/ 25% res bonus.

Less items --> less ingame pay to win power --> higher auction price --> more gold to free to play/ low budget players.

• How is that even a problem, because of these botters there was a heavy influx of cages and ointment which made pay to win people even stronger, because of the high supply they could buy way more cages and ointments with their budget. Clearing oasis or players for a quite cheaper price than without botters, which made many people quit travian in the first place. So by having pay to win players to have access to a smaller supply of auction items will reduce the amount of items each pay to win player can get and will have. Sure it will make it harder for people to buy items for their hero, but at the same time free to play items get 10x more gold this way then they sell their items to get their gold club/ 25% res bonus.

Less items --> less ingame pay to win power --> higher auction price --> more gold to free to play/ low budget players.

I think you are misinterpreting this. Rich players will buy no matter what the price is. So, even if it is "less items", it is more than enough for those players on the right tail of the distribution to buy what they want. Less items would really affect those players who play with limited gold. Think about helm of gladiator. More supply doesnt mean that players who play with gold would buy multiples of it, it means that those who play with reasonable gold, now can actually afford to get one, which would have been impossible otherwise. I really do not agree that people actually quit travian because there are too many ointments or cages on the auction.

• I think you are misinterpreting this. Rich players will buy no matter what the price is. So, even if it is "less items", it is more than enough for those players on the right tail of the distribution to buy what they want. Less items would really affect those players who play with limited gold. Think about helm of gladiator. More supply doesnt mean that players who play with gold would buy multiples of it, it means that those who play with reasonable gold, now can actually afford to get one, which would have been impossible otherwise. I really do not agree that people actually quit travian because there are too many ointments or cages on the auction.

TG could easily input some mechanisms to tweak auction balance, instead of letting players control the supply and demand. However, I disagree with fnx that we should support bots just because they make buying on auctions easier.

..And that is the Final Word.

• I think you are misinterpreting this. Rich players will buy no matter what the price is. So, even if it is "less items", it is more than enough for those players on the right tail of the distribution to buy what they want. Less items would really affect those players who play with limited gold. Think about helm of gladiator. More supply doesnt mean that players who play with gold would buy multiples of it, it means that those who play with reasonable gold, now can actually afford to get one, which would have been impossible otherwise. I really do not agree that people actually quit travian because there are too many ointments or cages on the auction.

You should have read forum back when T4 released. Full of angry people who didn't like the auction & hero system who gave more power to pay to win players, and bots who sell items and transfer silver to the main account holders. Sure after years people accepted somewhat this, since they had no choice to go back to T3.6, and many things did get fixed like the unlimited usage of buckets. But at times when someone has to face a pay to win player who manage get 3k+ animals in the first two weeks, which wouldn't have been possible without bots providing the cages. It tends to be very frustrating, especially because animals don't have any upkeep costs.

I don't have really problems with hero items like gladiator helmet, they're not too unbalanced for me. Maybe delay the release of the first tier gladiator helmet like they did with scrolls, would balance things out for getting your 2nd village on equal footing.

• You should have read forum back when T4 released. Full of angry people who didn't like the auction & hero system who gave more power to pay to win players, and bots who sell items and transfer silver to the main account holders. Sure after years people accepted somewhat this, since they had no choice to go back to T3.6, and many things did get fixed like the unlimited usage of buckets. But at times when someone has to face a pay to win player who manage get 3k+ animals in the first two weeks, which wouldn't have been possible without bots providing the cages. It tends to be very frustrating, especially because animals don't have any upkeep costs.

I don't have really problems with hero items like gladiator helmet, they're not too unbalanced for me. Maybe delay the release of the first tier gladiator helmet like they did with scrolls, would balance things out for getting your 2nd village on equal footing.

Well, lets split items from consumables then. Some items do make a fair bit of difference. Like gladiator helm for fast settling (especially if you are racing others for the same cropper), T2/T3 trainer helms for WWks, T1 shield/armor for early game oasis clearing. Like fnx's screenshot shows, the money bid on these are absurd - 1M silver for a single gladiator helm is not uncommon. And it is due to lack of supply.

On the other hand, abundance of consumables (ointments, cages) could be abused by those who want to spend a lot, it is true. Then I see two directions to follow here:
    1) Increase the influx of items: TG could externally introduce more supply of items (not consumables), to make it somewhat an even playfield. This would potentially make more people afford to buy these and prevent from quitting due to "being too far behind".
    2) Limit consumables usage even further: Ointments/cages could have limitation of usage, similar to buckets. For instance: 100 ointments in 24 hours - resets at 12pm everyday.

• TG could easily input some mechanisms to tweak auction balance, instead of letting players control the supply and demand. However, I disagree with fnx that we should support bots just because they make buying on auctions easier.

This is also what i mean. Remove the bots is fine, but increase item drops in the auctions... So that players who are a little poorer than the rest can also buy something out on auctions to help their accounts... I can't buy a hero item (now requires two thanks to the nerfs to fighting strength) on auctions while other are clearing animals with those oints.

i just want u to know i have no prob with u not knowing good English but don't act smart and use stuff i said that u don't even understand to try to hurt me bro

• ( :

Limiting amount of certain things you can buy and consume daily would make auctions less packed by individuals, so more people get a shot at bidding.

tumblr_static_85925g0bn2sckws4ks4008kk8.png

si4 2007/08 Vrba [ANCIENT]

si5 2012/13 orangutan [AK]

si2 2017/18 sph1nX / Blobfish [Midgard]

si1 2018 .iDKz! [RM]

com29 2018 sph1nX [UN-C]

com83 2018/19 Bacardi Time [DSC-IDTS]

TT Finals 2018/19 Witch King [Union]

Anglosphere6 2018/19 Fimbultyr [Bifrost]

• Hello everyone,

With just 2 weeks left to go until LoT event is happening, I am wondering if some of you might have more suggestions and ideas that should be discussed in Munich with Travian Games Staff.

This thread is carefully checked and your opinions matter, so please, feel free to add more topics here in the next few days, most of them will be reviewed and might even be implemented in the future if they are good :p

Thank you !

Teutonic Steel, Tournament 13-14-15-16-17-18 :hero3:
    Archangels, Dacia, 2011 (com5) - Archangels, WoD, 2010 (com1), Timb3r, ReF/CWL, 2009 (com6) - Arwen in 2008 (com5), Emerik in 2007 (com5), 2006 (com1), 2005 (com1)

• TT qualification groups will be drawn this week on the tour?

Before 2017 being part of (NL domain): Triple Entente, GR, Cono, Cuni, Botsers, Veto and a lot more I don't remember anymore.

2018 TR Qualification: Aramis - Bob (Leader)
    2018-2019 Finals: Black Pearl - TFD (Uollas meta) (Leader)
    2019 TR 3x: Appaloosa - Uollas

• Some kind of rework on the pop bonus system since right now it just punish off players to build more villages since most of top off accounts on atleast finals rely so heavly on techs so they stick with 3-4 villages which makes it more or less impossible to play a proper off account on finals especially while simming.

On smaller servers this is not as much as a problem but still think it's pretty dumb to be punished to build more villages / bigger account.

Sure some kind of pop bonus should maybe still be in the game but the current pop bonus is just way to much in my opinion.

Maybe someone already adressed this problem havent really read the thread.

TT final 2015 - Das Båt (SE)
    TT Qualify RU 2016 - Das Båt (Cerber-DD)
    TT final 2016 - illicit Ping, Pong & PangPang (Def&Dest)
    TT Qualify RU 2017 - Chip&Dale #1 off (CerbeR)
    TT Final 2017 - Chip&Dale (CerbeR)
    TT Qualify RU 2018 - ChipDale #1 pop (CerbeR)
    TT Final 2018 - Chip&Dale (WW BP release) (CerbeR-I)
    SE3 2017 - Krokodil
    Se1 2017-2018 Garbage Bag #1 Def (SKRÄP)
    Active -
    S6 Anglosphere - Mimer (Bifrost)