The “Legends on Tour” summit is coming back with a brand-new format. In this post you can get all the information you need to apply and become a Legend yourself.
What is the “Legends on Tour” summit?
The “Legends on Tour” is a player advocacy group, consisting of 8 members democratically elected by the players to meet the Travian: Legends Dev Team, discuss, advise and assist the team in the development of Travian: Legends. The “Legends on Tour” brings focused, structured feedback from the community to Travian: Legends Team and represents its views and interests as well as the one of the communities he/she represent.
The first summit took place last year and here you can read about it.
The role of a “Legends on Tour” member
The role of a “Legends on Tour” member is to represent the player community in the development of the game. As an elected representative, the “Legends on Tour” will have clear communication paths with the Team and a chance to influence the development of Travian: Legends.
The objective of a “Legends on Tour” member
The “Legends on Tour” player group will meet with the Team in Munich between 7th May and 11th May 2019. Here they will have the opportunity to take part in high-intensity work sessions together with the Dev Team. Every member will be able to request summit sessions with specific teams or on specific topics and depending on the schedule the team will try to accommodate these requests. The Travian: Legends team will cover the cost of flights, lodging and transfers within Germany for those attending “Legends on Tour” summit.
The “Legends on Tour” coordinator/s will be available via email, and members of the advocacy group can request one-on-one calls should they have questions or concerns regarding the summit itself.
“Legends on Tour” obligation towards the Travian: Legends Dev Team
The “Legends on Tour” players group will sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement so that Travian: Legends Dev team can engage them in discussions under the assumption they will remain private unless there is mutual agreement to share the contents of the discussion publicly.
Freedom of Expression
As a “Legends on Tour” delegate you always represent yourself and your community. At no point will you be asked or required to represent a Travian: Legends Dev viewpoint or be expected to conform to standpoints preferred by Travian: Legends Dev.erm Length,
Code of Conduct
- As a member of the “Legends on Tour” players group, there are certain expectations regarding behavior.
- Members of the group are expected to engage in discussion with the Travian: Legends Team and other group members in a professional and constructive manner.
- Members of the group are expected to keep the ongoing discussion with the Travian: Legends Team private until such a time that there is a mutual agreement to share that discussion. Assume all details are private until otherwise agreed upon. If a member of the “Travian on Tour” players group is unsure whether they can share a particular piece of information, they are responsible for asking the “Legends on Tour” coordinator and verifying whether they may do so.
- Members of the group shall not use any information gained in confidence or before the general public to derive any personal benefit in the game, either directly or indirectly.
How the “Legends on Tour” 2019 summit will look like
The Travian: Legends Team selected 8 focus domains (Anglosphere, France, Germany, International COM, Russia, Italy, Hispano, and Turkey), and every player who thinks he/she can represent one or more of the communities mentioned above will be able to apply for a spot in the summit.
The summit will take place in Munich between 7th May and 11th May 2019. So be sure to be available to travel on these dates before you send your application.
This is the preliminary schedule for the workshops:
- 7th May: Travelling to Munich – Meet the Team and Dinner
- 8th May: Game Design Topics
- 9th May: Game Design/Devs Community Topics
- 10th May: Marketing/Community Management Topics
- 11th May: Travelling back home
Please keep in mind that this schedule might change according to the “Legends on Tour” players group requests and/or the Devs schedule. The participants will be kept informed during the whole process.
How to apply for the “Legends on Tour” 2019 summit
If you think you are the perfect person to represent your community, you are available to travel during the dates of the event, and you speak English, feel free to fill the form here.
How the selection process for the “Legends on Tour” 2019 summit will look like
The application will be open until 27th January. In the next 2 weeks, the Team will evaluate the application and pick up to 3 applications for each domain which fits with the purpose of the summit. The selection includes also a short voice interview with the possible candidates.
On 11th February a public poll will be started for each domain where the community will be asked to vote for the perfect candidate to represent them during the summit. For this purpose, each candidate will be able to provide a brief introduction about himself/herself.
By the end of February, the final list of participants will be publicly disclosed on our communication channels (forum, Facebook, etc).
Don’t miss this chance, apply now!
We are looking forward to meeting the 2019 “Legends on Tour” player group, submit your participation now, participate in a legendary gathering to make our game and our Community even better!
You can ask question or discuss the Tour here.
Your Travian: Legends Team