Offensive Gameplay / Teuton or Roman?

We are testing a brand new User Interface, a new background and some other small changes on our PTRx3 gameworld! 🎨
📌 PTR is the acronym of Public Test Realm. PTRs are used to test patches before we release them to the public. Unlike standard game worlds, you’re one of the first people testing a new build which can often be unstable or otherwise non-functional. Accessing the PTR and reporting bugs is one of the biggest services you can provide ❤️

➡️ Join now ⬅️

✍️ ➡️ Give your feedback about the new User Interface
✍️ ➡️ Give your feedback about the new Backgrounds
  • Im still kind of a newbie to this game. Whats a better choice for active, more offensive style of play? I heard Teutons are best for that at the start, but that Romans get better at it as the game goes on.

• Romans are stronger but more expensive, means it is harder to rebuild a hammer. Teuts are often asked by alliance to lead trains, often with rams and brewery active, and start attacks relatively early on server. Romans can be allowed to build up first. If you don't have an alliance to back you up yet I would suggest to try teuton first.

• Dont worry about the troop cost - it's only a difference of couple of thousand resource per hour. You should be able to keep 24/7 troops queues, no matter which tribe you choose.

Teutons can produce more attacking power per time. So if you like the smashy style of playing then you probably want to play teutons. Upkeep won't be the issue since eventually you'll be running into some defense and you lose troops.

If you however want to have a huge WW hammer and you play by yourself, then you probably want to play Romans since they have more attacking power per crop consumption.

I personally like Romans for both play styles. Nothing keeps you from building two or more hammers at time if you have enough resources to do so.