[Anglosphere - UK] Legends on Tour 2019 Summit - Discussion

• A few observations I posted in the COM discussion thread.

• I'm hearing that the "security" to prevent multiple votes is easily bypassed. Nothing can be done about it this year but hopefully a more secure process can be implemented next year. I have some thoughts on this that I will put together for the powers that be. The general gist is they need to leverage multiple measures to prevent and detect multi voting, rather than the one or two that appears to be the case currently.
    • Tournament definitely needs its own slot for a representative
    • Given the international nature of COM it might make sense to assign it 2 spots (in addition to the Tournament specific one)
    • There should be a limit imposed on how often someone can go. While COM is competitive, many of the other domains are very likely to send the same people who went last year. Sending so many of the same people will diminish the value of what can be learned from the representatives.
    • I would suggest next year they include a "free" day of sorts after all of the workshops. A day where the representatives can explore Munich. Using this years schedule as an example, people would start flying home on Sunday the 12th instead of Saturday the 11th. Why? See the above regarding the diversity of representatives. From an outside perspective it would seem a limited number of qualified candidates applied (despite the large number of applications). A day in Munich could be an additional incentive to get others to apply. Yes we all love Travian but in a lot of ways this is like a "work" trip, a little more fun might help convince qualified people to apply.
    • The process as a whole is an improvement over last year, it is important that the community has more of a say in who goes. There are still other modifications I think can be made though to further improve the process.

These are just some early things I've noticed. Like I said this year the process is an improvement, but there are always things that can be improved on. This is a learning process and to be a bit cliche, perfection is a journey not a destination.

• Link to the poll doesn’t work for me. It says the candidates are listed below but there is nothing there. Link to the blog works but I can’t see the candidates or vote.

Stand out Award 2017 UK
    illuicons_8_wonder-150x150.png

• A few observations I posted in the COM discussion thread.

• I'm hearing that the "security" to prevent multiple votes is easily bypassed. Nothing can be done about it this year but hopefully a more secure process can be implemented next year. I have some thoughts on this that I will put together for the powers that be. The general gist is they need to leverage multiple measures to prevent and detect multi voting, rather than the one or two that appears to be the case currently.

Not sure who told you that nothing can be done for the vote this year, but we already announced that only one vote per person will be taken into consideration. Using incognito mode, proxys or any other way to cheat on the vote, won't work :)

• We just checked and the process is working smoothly, is it possible that is a connection issue from your side?

I highly doubt I'd have the same issue twice. On .com I actually had candidates load for me, but then I went 1 page back and when revisited I apparently already voted.

On Anglo I just opened the page, pressed refresh and it said I already voted as well.... it seems like a one-time visit page. :D

• They don’t care about multis in game so why would they on the forum?

not multi's mate, 'Techs'

I voted for Blackblade purely because Lemon went last year. Not really much point to it if it's just the same people discussing the same things in my opinion. Lemon is a really good guy though.

• not multi's mate, 'Techs'

I voted for Blackblade purely because Lemon went last year. Not really much point to it if it's just the same people discussing the same things in my opinion. Lemon is a really good guy though.

I voted for BlackBlade aswell, I want new people to go, having the same people as last year, would be a waste of time...But looks like some of the other domains disagree...Sad.