Starvation and Trade Routes Issues

• Hello,

I have spent the last 2 hours talking with my players asking them to stay calm and find, together, a solution/ a fix for the problem that occurred earlier today in the Finals (https://finals.travian.com)

I don't know for sure the exact time, but MH can check, it was around 11:30 AM when a lot of troops simply disappeared from Unique Diet / Luffy's capital (Unique Diet holder).

OK, what do I mean by 'a lot' ?

We are still trying to asses the total damage, but it's more than 500k troops. For me was enough to receive a print screen from Luffy showing me that granary had more than 1,5 million crop in it just after troops died. ( http://prntscr.com/mg1ipe )

Both duals on the account were online in the middle of the day and trade routes usually cover this time frame very well, we never had any serious problems on Unique Diet until now !

And 500k troops dont just die like that in a few minutes from starvation, imagine there was no crop in the granary and no crop coming via marketplace ( which is absurd !) ... only by the death of the first 100-200k troops they will produce enough crop to feed the remaining troops parked there for many hours !

Not to mention that some players lost 50k phalanx from Capital, where they had 80k phalanx, but the other villages were they have 40-50k phalanx are still alive and well, so this bug affected only certain villages, not all villages and not all troops.

Everything started yesterday, I think, when some of my players reported a glitch with the trade routes. Plenty crop in the villages, but trade routes were not leaving at the set time, despite the fact that they were active.

We thought 'hey, it might be a minor bug, but it does not affect us, we still have situation under control, plenty crop coming on Unique Diet, no reason to worry', but today after troops simply vanished, I can't help but wonder what the future holds for us in endgame ?

In the last finals / endgame we lost many nights, we sacrificed a lot of sleeping hours and we've been wrongly accused by players for causing them the death of millions of troops due to starvation !

Travian Tech Team said it was a bug, a roll back was implemented, but the bug was never actually fixed I'm afraid :(

I kindly ask admins and tech team to investigate the matter, it's causing a lot of stress and panic already and we are approaching endgame in the finals.

Thank you

Teutonic Steel | DACIA

Teutonic Steel, Tournament 13-14-15-16-17-18 :hero3:
    Archangels, Dacia, 2011 (com5) - Archangels, WoD, 2010 (com1), Timb3r, ReF/CWL, 2009 (com6) - Arwen in 2008 (com5), Emerik in 2007 (com5), 2006 (com1), 2005 (com1)

• we did...but as usual the MH can mostly enforce bans. This things are above his power, so the mh diverted it to the travian "professional team". We want a firm resolution for this new problem fast, or the consequences will be dire. We are simply tired of bugs over bugs over bugs, and a team that refuses to acknowledge them but to try to blame it on us or divert. Happened last year too when he had 90 + million deff on ww and troops died with crop on.....Same old story...not our fault, you did not have crop...we had to make movies to show how troops die with crop in granaries and send thousands of emails. And the error was assumed by the "professional team" but the troops were not put back. Now, this year they limited the number of alliances that can send crop to ww, so fewer troops can be sustained on the ww, so they won't have the problem again.

Ro server ts4 - Snail
    Qualifications 2017 - Snail
    TT 2017 Muad`Dib

Proud to be a noob

Post was edited 1 time, last by playingwithfire: removed swear words and insults ().

• This matter needs to be addressed by in-game support not the forum staff. You need to write in to the MH of your server and wait for their reply.

If the MH has replied and stated they have moved it up to Tech Support, it requires more than the MH can do from their end. Tech Support needs to look at lines of code to figure out what has happened and then fix the issue. This is not something that happens in a matter of a few minutes. It takes time. Once the issue has been resolved, you will hear back from the MH.

• Maybe it's a new feature? To make the game more fair to the people who play without gold.

• we already got the second msg from the mh...They just said that it was our fault they died. Same as last finals. Even though the amount of troops dead, would of created enough crop to feed the troops for almost 14 hours, not just 4 hours since we knew for sure that the troops were there and the time we found out that they are no more.

My account is on deletion. I will do my best to convince my teamates to also delete ( first alliance on finals on population and offence, last years winners, golders, etc, etc ) to delete and file a law suit against travian team.

It is the same lack of interest and in the finals when we were also right and we were treated like this also.

PS. Maybe you should check your english knowladge, i was not swearing anyone. Where can i press charges for abusive behavior against you?

Also what was wrong with my lack of respect for the travian team? respect is earned not imposed. And you my friends don't deserve mine.

Thank you

Ro server ts4 - Snail
    Qualifications 2017 - Snail
    TT 2017 Muad`Dib

Proud to be a noob

• This is not something that happens in a matter of a few minutes. It takes time. Once the issue has been resolved, you will hear back from the MH.

... last time i have heard of this issue was almost a year ago. Time enough? :)

9ad12aa6eac8e256ca64761548716cf5.png

"Between impulse and action there is a realm of good taste begging for your acquaintance."
    (the doctor, voy4/25)

• PWF, this is the same matter as last finals and, in smaller numbers of course, was seen in other servers. The issues was brought up in Munich last LOT, I did not fully understand the answer we were given to be honest but bottom line was - we found the problem, it is fixed now. There is absolutely no point to waste time and go to MH or game support in this case, this is well above MH head, already known etc. Please bring it as high up as you can.

I only found explanation that we were given on ru forums

Мюнхен. Поехали.

In short - the algorithm can't handle such big numbers and at some points plus becomes minus (sorry above my pay-grade to understand) but WE FIXED IT.

Post was edited 2 times, last by ELE ().

• ELE it sounds like there needs to be some sort of adjustment if the algorithm can not handle the numbers on finals. And if you didn't understand what you were told, I am sure I wouldn't either. Hopefully this can be brought up again since it does not appear to be resolved.

• maybe troops were slashed away by travian team from FFs and multis users? 0.o cause from what i was told, not everyone lost troops.

Biggest Noob of them all

• Hi there. I am here to inform that TS is investigating an issue and more news come soon. Please, keep patience. We'll keep your posted.

Ameno.png
    When you contact me via PM, please, send your messages in English.

• Hi there, troops that starved will be restored in their home village today at 14:00 UTC+0 in their home villages (where they were trained). If you are affected by this, you should make sure that there is enough crop to feed them.

ridder_huma_sig.png

Members of the Travian Team works on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

• Did y'all really remove dislikes from users on forum staff posts?

C'mon... you can't be serious.

• ELE it sounds like there needs to be some sort of adjustment if the algorithm can not handle the numbers on finals. And if you didn't understand what you were told, I am sure I wouldn't either. Hopefully this can be brought up again since it does not appear to be resolved.

And what can you say now playingwithfire ?

MH dont find the BUG, but after post on forum issue was resolved correctly. Are you sure about only in game contacts with mh/support team?

So

MH - cant find bug and cant help user.

Part of forum staff - dont wont to do their work and cant help user

And we obviously want to answer - this bug was fixed totally or not and we will have starving with positive crop count in ww while we have 30-40kk, not 2.5-3kk like current minus?

dn
    время время время..

ЧЕ:dojik, Hamster;
    ЧМ1:Singing Heart, MightyRU; ЧМ2:Femme Fatale, ситтер на lspci, MightyRU; ЧМ3:после артов KukuYOPTA, CerbeR; ЧМ4:Ternura, ситтер на Ruk, CerbeR; ЧМ5: Caprice, CerbeR; ЧМ6: Lontra, CerbeR, ситтер на Mors; ЧМ7: zmey_gorynych, CerbeR, ситтер на UNI;

the end

• Hi there.

Technical support is still investigating the issue why the troops starved. So far we confirmed that troops in 01 Ace did starve due to unexplained (yet) reasons and therefore they should be restored.

About customer support staff I would like to say, that the issue has been forwarded to technical support by MH to investigate before that thread appeared on forum. MH and Supporters in the game cannot check that themselves - they just do not have enough tools for that, which is quite reasonable. By the time I asked question about that issue to reply here, it has already been forwarded and investigated.

I want to apologize for the inconvenience the bug has created. I promise we'll thorougly look into it and we'll do our best so that it wouldn't happen again. We'll keep you posted.

The last but not the least: It's fine to discuss bug that caused inconvenience on forum. Yet, it's ultimately important also to forward issue through proper channels (by writing ingame to Support or Admin / sending email) because only that way Technical staff can get all needed information.

Thank you for doing that.

Ameno.png

• we already got the second msg from the mh...They just said that it was our fault they died. Same as last finals

Ameno, thanks for yours helping but why players have anwerved like my quote by MH? I mean if they cant check it by themself they totally answered about player fault with starvation? They cant anwered "we resend this questuon to tech-team"?

In my last msg mh answered - "players on finals server was very experienced and need to know game rules". Why players are experienced in this game, but mh on TT server not? This issue obviously seems like last years problem - they dont know about that and can give answers only with preparing text like "starvation? -> Its player fault, please be careful with crop in granary"?

Very strange descicion by game team side.

dn
    время время время..

ЧМ1:Singing Heart, MightyRU; ЧМ2:Femme Fatale, ситтер на lspci, MightyRU; ЧМ3:после артов KukuYOPTA, CerbeR; ЧМ4:Ternura, ситтер на Ruk, CerbeR; ЧМ5: Caprice, CerbeR; ЧМ6: Lontra, CerbeR, ситтер на Mors; ЧМ7: zmey_gorynych, CerbeR, ситтер на UNI;

the end

• Hi. I've forwarded feedback to CS Teamleads and they'll look into that. I know that the situation is getting handled with great attention, player got a message from the Customer Service Representative, troops will be restored soon. Will keep an eye on that, too.

Ameno.png

• Hi. I've forwarded feedback to CS Teamleads and they'll look into that. I know that the situation is getting handled with great attention, player got a message from the Customer Service Representative, troops will be restored soon. Will keep an eye on that, too.

How we can trust MH team if they lie in reply to players in game question while they ban players?

dn
    время время время..

the end