TB's Spin Zone

  • Wow.. yes like John said. stats on one side but the reality realy does paint a different picture.


    yes stats say GoT is on a run away course. but ground reality is nothing like that, engaged in a perpetual war within the quad with confed and NAP loving del Sw will surely weaken us, we with currently 83 member versus 127, that is entire 44 members more than us this early into the game.


    The percentage you have given 48% win chances for GoT is a little too over rated, even though i like how it looks.. but the reality as i said earlier is far from that. Unless you gave GoT a higher percentage in order to alienate the GoT alliance by further strengthening the opposition to work against GoT in a unified front.

    Our Friends have already Confed with SWR, now it remains to be seen who else they turn to for Confed or NAPs with these stats to ask for a unified front against the so called favourites to win the server.


    For I am Jon Snow - I know nothing but my enemies know even less

  • so called favourites to win the server.

    I don't think there is any doubt about this at the current moment. That said, 48% might be a bit too high. Something in the mid 30's might be more reasonable, in my opinion.

    :rom05:

    :gau05:

    Currently playing:

    Anglosphere 1 - Pepe the Frog (TP)

    Nordics 4 - Smaug (Midgård)

  • Point: 48% chance to win is a 52% chance to lose.

    Point: divided quad or not, the only other united quad is the SE. Both northern quads have at least some chance of remaining fractured themselves.


    I honestly believe that on day 35 of the server the most important stat is those good croppers and development. GoT is the second most well developed alliance after T.S. but with way way more players. It would take any two quads united to rival GoT for good looking egh cropper spots.


    As it takes 2 quads to build as many egh’s as GoT, I gave GoT just under 2 quads worth of winning chances.


    Given the arguments above I stand by my analysis.

    1833077558343603260517.png
    Current server: Zugzwang on Anglosphere 4. (For prior servers, see profile.)

    Looking at that account stats, either you don't know how to play, or you've decided to see how bad an account you can make..?

  • As one would expect someone leading the most powerful alliance on a server to know, the raw number of accounts means little; it’s the quality of the accounts that matters.


    DeI SW couldn’t simply rock into the server with 70+ experienced players as others did.


    We had to recruit widely and reach out to new friends to mitigate the huge numerical disadvantage we faced initially. We’ve found some good people.


    Despite this, GoT still enjoys a massive developmental and locational advantage over us and almost everyone else. Not content with just these advantages, they also utilise spies against us blatantly.


    Now, we all have our own opinion on spying. I’m personally ambivalent. I do know some consider it cheating. But, what we can all agree on is that it is a significant advantage to have.


    Would GoT have had the offensive success they had today, for example, had someone not been so obviously watching the dots for them and monitoring our Skype? Perhaps, probably not.


    I think it’s human nature to root for the underdog, which is why we receive quite a bit of moral support from outside our quad. That and the unfortunate way some of GoT have conducted themselves so far, but the less said about that the better.


    So, I will admit I agree with the analysis: GoT are runaway favorites to win the server at this stage. I think their leadership is under mountains of pressure to bring it home.

  • I think you ought to get over your own paranoia, and stop seeing shadows in every corner ..... you will sleep better for it!

    Actually Tomsnow is spot on. If he doesn't stay paranoid it will be his downfall. I don't care who you are, if you think you don't have spies and not planing around it you will lose.

    S2R6 Nimmo Fear (life interupted me.)
    Nimmo TDS S4R5 Win | Nimmo TDS/Rebels S4R4 Win. |Nimmo RC~3PO s4R3 Win
    Stratos/Kawozi s6 THC Win| Nimmo_ PFtF S7R2 .com Win | Nimmo_1PAN S2R2 .com Loss |

  • This is the part I meant about paranoia.

    Of course people have to be wary of spies and a lot of other things in this game.

    To say a successful op is "down to spies" without proof is just sour grapes.

    Unless, of course, you have proof of something? .. in which case do something about it!

  • spies? Spies? Where, who, why and when?

    Spikers and spies, what a game, maybe they should face each other in a travian death match?

    Just here for laughs and giggles, whose taking this game seriously?

    anglo 1: Heimlander

    Anglo 2: Raki


    Anglo 3: no one

    Anglo 7:

  • As it takes 2 quads to build as many egh’s as GoT,

    You are too kind.. I still don't know if your intent is to praise us, or just give more unity to the opposition gang of GoT.
    If we were only so lucky to be able to make 2 quads worth of EGH's.

    I personally think The SEA alliance and the the group with who ever T.S. decides to join should get higher winning percentage.

    reasons being. The SEA are kings in their quad.. they have time to sim some major defence and EGH's
    T.S. well do i really need to say anything about them. they are good just too good who ever they side.. will get their winning percentage quite a boost.

    GoT in my honest opinion would be the joint 3rd with an alliance from the NW.
       

    Unless, of course, you have proof of something? .. in which case do something about it!

    My friend Hypocrisy is the name of the game, Tanky sometimes people do forget when they point a finger at someone there are three pointing right back at them. Oh and you were right huge paranoia. Can you not just feel the anguished cries desperation that extra bit of effort of trying so hard. Looking at their efforts and short term amnesia .. hell even i feel like supporting them to win hahahahaha

    For I am Jon Snow - I know nothing but my enemies know even less

    Post was edited 1 time, last by Amer ().

  • I hope dearly there's a WWK on another side named Ygritte :D


    But as a random outside observer what does EGH mean?

    Com1 2019 - SGR - The Night King (dual)

    Com3 2018-19 - Pirates - Capt. Barbossa

    Com29 2017-18 - StOne (winners)- TyroneLannister

  • I hope dearly there's a WWK on another side named Ygritte :D


    But as a random outside observer what does EGH mean?

    Endgame hammer. I think it's pretty synonymous with "wwk," but I don't remember seeing "wwk" when I started playing this game 10,000 millennia ago.

    1833077558343603260517.png
    Current server: Zugzwang on Anglosphere 4. (For prior servers, see profile.)

    Looking at that account stats, either you don't know how to play, or you've decided to see how bad an account you can make..?

  • I agree we have always used wwk/wwr only came across EGH a while ago.

    For I am Jon Snow - I know nothing but my enemies know even less

  • That explains it. I have always played .us servers.


    And like a good American (tm), I demand you all convert to my manner of speaking. If you refuse, well... prepare to be liberated. :rom03::rom03::rom03::rom06::rom06::rom06::rom07::rom07::rom07::rom08::rom08::rom08:

    1833077558343603260517.png
    Current server: Zugzwang on Anglosphere 4. (For prior servers, see profile.)

    Looking at that account stats, either you don't know how to play, or you've decided to see how bad an account you can make..?

  • we are already very submissive.. we will follow what ever you say.. we are pretty much people pleasing alliance...


    please do not liberate us.. we are already being liberated by our friend in the SW quad.. :(

    For I am Jon Snow - I know nothing but my enemies know even less

  • EGH is a .us term. WWK/WWR has always been the term used on .com (and I think .uk, but not completely sure).

    This..
    Being a .us based player who has played com's since about '08 also, and having had both a .us and .com forum account all this time before the purge...err...I mean merge, I can affirm, EGH = WWK..

    s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d

    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.


    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em. :crying:


    Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.


    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

  • EGH is a .us term. WWK/WWR has always been the term used on .com (and I think .uk, but not completely sure).

    EGH was used on .com servers ~10 years ago. Not sure when WWK/R became the dominant term. (But also suspect it depended on which .com server.)

  • It has always been WWK/R on the .co.uk servers :)


    'World wonder killer' has at a better ring to it than 'End game hammer'

    Past servers

    UK1 - Versace - ???

    UK1 - Tasteless - Pulse
    UK2 - Penetrator - Pulsant
    UK1 - Breakskins - MFH

  • Hmm.. Not sure I agree, I come from Swedish servers, so I've heard neither before. But.. I think I prefer "End game hammer"

    :rom05:

    :gau05:

    Currently playing:

    Anglosphere 1 - Pepe the Frog (TP)

    Nordics 4 - Smaug (Midgård)