Gold Free Server

• I've always wondered why there are no servers where you're not able to purchase gold. For us free to play players it's frustrating to see people just npc trading all the timea growing their army and villages while we're just sending resources from village to village and rainding, taking risks in the process and it's much more slower. It is a huge disadvantage for us when we try to compete with such armies that it's almost no point in doing so.
    So my suggestion would be to create a gold free server every once in a while, where no gold is allowed. I think it would greatly attract more people into those server knowing that everyone ir on a similar level and just rellying on their skills and strategies to succeed.
    Anyway, i'm here to listen to everyone's opinion and i hope you guys give me your feedback.
    Best regards, Ashzart

• Hi. Thanks for your suggestion. I've moved your thread from Portugese to COM section of forum, since it's in English. I encourage others to share their opinion on that. What you think?

TL_ameno.png
    When you contact me via PM, please, send your messages in English.

• I've always wondered why there are no servers where you're not able to purchase gold. For us free to play players it's frustrating to see people just npc trading all the timea growing their army and villages while we're just sending resources from village to village and rainding, taking risks in the process and it's much more slower. It is a huge disadvantage for us when we try to compete with such armies that it's almost no point in doing so.
    So my suggestion would be to create a gold free server every once in a while, where no gold is allowed. I think it would greatly attract more people into those server knowing that everyone ir on a similar level and just rellying on their skills and strategies to succeed.
    Anyway, i'm here to listen to everyone's opinion and i hope you guys give me your feedback.
    Best regards, Ashzar

As much as i like the idea of having a server of that kind, i belive it would be rather dull and slow,since if you want to have tons of army-you need good croopers, and if you want to do it fast you need gold, imagine how much time it would need for you to max your amry in a 15c cropper without gold :(

• We had the gold-free .org servers back in T3.6-times. They were loved by many (me included, especially the 3x speed org). TG gave up on them and closed .org domain when they introduced T4 and the auction hall. I am sure many players would love to have it back <3

"Between impulse and action there is a realm of good taste begging for your acquaintance."
    (the doctor, voy4/25)

• Maybe this along with a mechanic to be able to "farm" or "gain" gold - by completing specific quests etc. Then, gold could be a constrained resource, where one would need to be mindful how to spend them.

Noel, 8:13 PM

She breaks my heart, I break their armies

• Hmm.. best idea so far I've seen in the forum..

* Good point by Obi-Wan, definitely I agree with him. Hopefully this could be retained.

* Can we also remove the free gold given to a player having a second village using a link? We can refrain multi-accounts by doing this.

• Features like travian plus and gold club could be a standard for everyone in the server i guess?? And i think that they should do something about the auction as well, because silver would now be extremely valuable

• on org we had plus and gold club. just nothing else. no auctions ;)

"Between impulse and action there is a realm of good taste begging for your acquaintance."
    (the doctor, voy4/25)

• Maybe this along with a mechanic to be able to "farm" or "gain" gold - by completing specific quests etc. Then, gold could be a constrained resource, where one would need to be mindful how to spend them.

I am gonna quote myself here :D I know that it is a big jump but cannot we have a mechanic to have gold as 5th resource (Next to wood, clay, iron, wheat) but rare? I really want this. For instance, one should think to prioritize a 15c cropper vs another village with gold production, which can later be used in the auctions, activate plus, NPC etc. Oases can similarly be arranged accordingly (gold/wheat oases etc). That would not only solve the gold abuse issue but also bring a very fresh mechanic into the game.

Noel, 8:13 PM

She breaks my heart, I break their armies

• I love the idea of a gold free server (even if it's just one normal speed server per year).

For the Travian Developers, you can earn money to fund it with a combination of the following things;

1. Replace all current gold functions with advertising reward functions. I.E. what you have done with 25% faster build - you watch a video, and your build time for that structure is reduced by 25%. Similarly, you can put in place advertisements to give 25% bonus production for say 24 hours, gold club for 24 hours, plus for 24 hours, etc. Each paid for by watching ads. Those who wish to put in the time to watch the ads will get the benefits, but then at least the server is no longer dependent on deep pockets.

2. Do not force too many ads on players, just one per bonus given - it is the players choice to watch the ad and get the benefit.

3. Make silver easier to earn in game (using Obi-Wan 's Gold-merchanic idea, except for silver - gold should be taken out entirely on that server).

4. Make use of the purchasable skins idea, as mentioned by Raging Bull !

In making players with shallow pockets have the same benefits as players with deep pockets, I'm sure you will see your players per server rise by a considerable percentage - i quit for a long time because of the excessive gold use that some players could afford, i'm sure there are many more like me.

Slackers Guild Alliance

The Black Company

Get Lost

• As much as i like the idea of having a server of that kind, i belive it would be rather dull and slow,since if you want to have tons of army-you need good croopers, and if you want to do it fast you need gold, imagine how much time it would need for you to max your amry in a 15c cropper without gold :(

If the only reason you play Travian is to amass thousands upon thousands of units, then yes it is understandable that a gold-less server would be less interesting to you. The relative speed of the game server wouldn't change, however, only the quantity of units would change. Isn't there a saying you boys love, for this? It's not size that matters, it's how you use it.

I think that would be kind of silly. I always use the ad-reduced build time, but I've never once watched an ad. All my travian tabs are perma muted, and I just tab out and do something else while the ad plays itself.

Anyway, I would play exclusively on non-gold servers if they introduced them ever. Heck, the irony is that I would probably even pay to fund them, and I have never paid for gold nor will I ever pay for gold. Gold just completely ruins the competitive balance of the game imo.

The developers should take a page from other Free to Play games and monetize parts of the game that don't impact gameplay, instead of parts that do. Hero skins, item skins, race skins, trophies, all sorts of things.

• I also agree. They should think of a way to finance the game without letting the players pay for gameplay bonusses. I think this could actually boost the amount of registered players on a server and I would be glad to pay for cosmetics or anything to support this.

• I am gonna quote myself here :D I know that it is a big jump but cannot we have a mechanic to have gold as 5th resource (Next to wood, clay, iron, wheat) but rare? I really want this. For instance, one should think to prioritize a 15c cropper vs another village with gold production, which can later be used in the auctions, activate plus, NPC etc. Oases can similarly be arranged accordingly (gold/wheat oases etc). That would not only solve the gold abuse issue but also bring a very fresh mechanic into the game.

Such creative idea

I like it 👍🏾