Com1 Restart Rumors

• A lot of players are quitting over this issue. As you say yourself, a lot of players in Villains dislike it too. I blame SGR too, though it was Villains bringing the trend to com1. So yes, great job for making a lot of people quit the game, not as if the player numbers weren't dwindling enough as it was.

Edit: the rule was also a way to hit obvious multi-accounts, that weren't being detected as multies, but clearly were so. Now there's less chance to punish/delete multi-accounts too.

Pretty much spot on. I don't blame sgr really either, they observed villains corrupting the game early, and where the mh and villains leaders were unable or unwilling to step in. A couple of sgr players decided to take matters in there own hands.

Whilst I dont condone it I can see where it would have came from, alliances like ten weren't even a thought of in the early days of villains and sgr battles on com1. Sgr could not really compete with the level of cheating found in vices early so any effort to gain an upper hand would have been in vain.

If I was leading sgr I would have moved the team to another server and just let vices take the complete fall for ruining the game on the server. It's not good to see honest capable players delete because of this

That said SGR has also been around on com1 since before vices was even a thought, so I also understand the reluctance to move from there home server after playing there for more then half of Batmans life!!

When vices had more then 25 players banned and there robbers and stars, I wasnt surprised but I was really hoping maybe vices leaders can make a tuff stand and Set a stronger example this round, but it never happened. Vices/villains haven't changed, I guess there only surprise came with players getting caught, ofc sgr had a couple of players too, nothing even close to those numbers.

In my humble opinion, Multi hunters should take these players out of the game all together and be a bit strict, especially with players that are vets, also leaders of experienced alliances should not embrace these type of players nor showcase leniency, rather distance themselves from it.

I'm sure this comes as common sense for most of us, but for leaders like those in vices there is no comparison to such players of virtue, they may as well hang a neon sign around there necks saying rules are for fools.

• Sgr could not really compete with the level of cheating found in vices early so any effort to gain an upper hand would have been in vain.

Robbers of the week

1. Anomander Rake 59738885

SGR is truly the hero we dont deserve, look at that legit raiding, impressive to say the least.

TT Final 2015 - Das Båt (SE)
    TT Qualify RU 2016 - Das Båt (Cerber-DD)
    TT final 2016 - illicit Ping, Pong & PangPang (Def&Dest)
    TT Qualify RU 2017 - Chip&Dale #1 off (CerbeR)
    TT Final 2017 - Chip&Dale (CerbeR)
    TT Qualify RU 2018 - ChipDale #1 pop (CerbeR)
    TT Final 2018 - Chip&Dale (WW BP release) (CerbeR-I)
    TT Qualify RU 2019 - Chip&Dale #3 off (PoweR)
    SE3 2017 - Krokodil
    S6 Anglosphere - Mimer (Bifrost)
    Active -
    Nordics 4 - Morgoth (Midgård)
    TT Final 2019 - Penguin Party (PoweR)

• Why is it that the nubs in this game turn into cry babies and accuse the other side of cheating when they start to lose?

Sounds like your a little coo coo and I should be really saving time for the grown ups then :P, no one is losing or conceeding defeat just yet lol. And there are no recent accusations of cheating besides the players that have already been caught and banned or made public here. At least not from my side.

I'm not sure where you've been hiding but Cheating is a real issue on com1 tinky and should be tackled not shunned or swept under the carpet, especially for players that strictly abide by the game rules.

These are the type of players that should be relished to continue the legacy of the game we love, not players that turn a blind eye, offering nothing to tackle the issue except deflection, that ends up becoming a big part of the problem too. It's been agreed already its killing the game and running rampant in com1.

I don't know about you tinky but that doesn't seem like a minor issue to me ;)

• Pretty much spot on. I don't blame sgr really either, they observed villains corrupting the game early, and where the mh and villains leaders were unable or unwilling to step in. A couple of sgr players decided to take matters in there own hands.

Except I do blame SGR too. Rather not stoop to the level of Villains - better to play cleanly and lose (well, now that TG has decided to allow techs, I guess neither side is really dirty... except for multies). I can understand why it's done though - pretty frustrating to see those 800k+ WWKs simming in boonies all round and never doing any raiding. Personally, I wouldn't take that step though.

Why is it that the nubs in this game turn into cry babies and accuse the other side of cheating when they start to lose?

Villains had techs and multies last server too, and SGR won that one. Of course SGR also had Wolf with techs. This has nothing to do with anyone winning or losing. You'll see that even months before arties, the cheating discussion started (and, as said, it was going last server too, where SGR won handily in the end).

• Why don't both sides just agree to play however they choose to play and not be hypocrites blaming the other side for something they themselves are doing as well? Ground breaking stuff, I know.

Anglo 6 - Eiktyrner

Nordics 4 - Gothmog

• I never said that cheating wasn't an issue. But that it is always the players who feel they are disadvantaged that come out and blame the other side. And although you don't seem retarded, you are only pointing fingers one way. You can't possibly think it isn't happening in SGR as well. So is your argument against who is cheating better? "Vices are better at cheating than we are. Time to post on the forums!"

If you really care about cheating, you would campaign against it regardless of who is doing it, and I'm just not seeing that.

As a legitimate player, I do agree that cheating is an issue. But it's an issue for everyone. Creating posts on the forum in the manner that you did are of no help to the issue and just spread toxicity.

If it is toxicity that you seek, I would suggest not going about it while claiming to be a "player of virtue."

• I never said that cheating wasn't an issue. But that it is always the players who feel they are disadvantaged that come out and blame the other side. And although you don't seem retarded, you are only pointing fingers one way. You can't possibly think it isn't happening in SGR as well.

Actually that's not even close to accurate.

I agreed with mads, I'll re quote for you since comprehension skills don't seem to be your strong point.

Pretty much spot on. A couple of sgr players decided to take matters in there own hands.

Whilst I dont condone it...

In my humble opinion, Multi hunters should take these players out of the game all together and be a bit strict, especially with players that are vets, also leaders of experienced alliances should not embrace these type of players nor showcase leniency, rather distance themselves from

From the numbers alone so far 25+ confirmed bans in vices this server maybe 3 or 4 from sgr (might be slightly less or more) both teams openly concede using tech farms. It's also been agreed cheating was nowhere near as prevalent prior to villains/vices joining com1. Over the years unfortunately players have seen it get progressively worse.

And this is not about the losing team that cares more about calling out cheats or even a competition on which teams have more cheats it's more about actually acknowledging there are cheats in teams like sgr and vices in the first place and sgr are not scared to admit or even work on tackling the problem..

Look I don't enjoy it anymore then you do, just because vices don't wish to discuss it or want to deflect or try cheap insults, says more about vices character then it does about SGR.

Cheating regardless of team is impermissible and let's face it, is not doing the game we love any favours. It's good to use outlets and tools at hand and sound some alarm bells.

As for who is winning and losing and why you think it needs to impact cheating claims, comes across as a bit trollish and still way off the mark.

As it currently stands ten and lowlands have the largest meta. Sgr/ten also beat vices last round despite vices being favourites.

You may not have noticed yet but server is once again evening itself out to the point I'd argue vices and sgr may no longer be favorites. I wouldn't go as far as calling you losers but on the other hand sgr is kind of the team to beat. Not forgetting ten ofc. And vices have a long way to go to stop lowlands and ten or sgr for that matter.

• 1 cheater having 20 accounts does not make 20 cheaters. You can infer that having a cheater of that magnitude as opposed to a "smaller" cheater is an issue in itself, but don't skew facts to suggest that there is 8x the cheaters.

Every forum post (and I really do think every) you have seems to include the following things

A) praising SGR

B) something negative about VICES

How can anyone take you seriously? I get that people defend their alliance, but at least others argue objectively without having to constantly have their lips suckled around their alliance's you-know-what. So lets get hypocritical.

SGR are not scared to admit or tackle the problem? But at the same time you don't blame SGR? "But VICES staaaaarted it". Haha, there is one thing I have learnt from the many servers of Travian. No side is free of cheating. The culture of techs is certainly ours, but SGR's leaders (and I'm willing to bet this applies to TEN and Lowlands) discovered what Tor was the moment we joined the server? Naaaah, come on let's be real. This may not be the truth you want to hear. My attitude towards 'cheating' (still will defend techs) has changed starting from the beginning of this server as i began to realize the whole of Travian is just like the Olympics. So much cheating, it just depends on how well you try hide it and the magnitude of it. But when you stick that needle into your butt, your right to complain about others doing the same thing ceases to exist. If you've ever broken the rules in this game, no matter how innocent or insignificant you think it is (e.g. any kind of Tor use), you're a cheater. I am willing to bet my left nutsack that leadership of all the met as in this server are in fact...cheaters! No point coming to forums. Focus on your OPs, focus on you CFDs. That is the best you can do. There will come a ppint where nothing is considered dirty or cheating, but rather strategy and tactics. Look at Finals.

As for actual solutions? Sitters should be able to attack (just put this as a togglable box), destroy and do other things. You should be able to have more sitters and be able to sit for more people. As a result, proxy usage should be banned. Suspicious IP activity would be banned.

• And although you don't seem retarded...

Actually that's not even close to accurate.

oh..?

From the numbers alone so far 25+ confirmed bans in vices this server maybe 3 or 4 from sgr (might be slightly less or more)

Again, you are touting this but I have seen no evidence.(I am new to forums, so forgive me if it is buried in the 43 previous pages)

Can you please provide a list of players with punishable bans from both sides and the reasons why they were banned so that I can take your claims seriously?(no troll, genuine question)

And then after the complete list of both sides is provided, how do we determine who is the 'winner' from that?

Is the Winner the one who had more people get caught? Or the one who was better at hiding it?

Look I don't enjoy it anymore then you do, just because vices don't wish to discuss it or want to deflect or try cheap insults, says more about vices character then it does about SGR.

Am I not discussing it now? And in an objective manner? Yet you throw out one way accusations with no merit and without presenting any solutions to the problem while still claiming that your character give you the "moral high ground". If this is really your tactic, I would implore you to stop before you make a fool of yourself.

Cheating regardless of team is impermissible and let's face it, is not doing the game we love any favours. It's good to use outlets and tools at hand and sound some alarm bells.

Coming to this threat in order to stop cheating is the equivalent to thinking you are actually helping solving world issues by sitting in your chair all day sharing political pictures on facebook.

As for who is winning and losing and why you think it needs to impact cheating claims, comes across as a bit trollish and still way off the mark.

How is that trollish when it is true? Think of all the times you have heard of a winning (team/person/etc) and all of the times you have heard of the losing/disadvantaged side(team/person/etc) do the same. It is a very common thing in most games that people refuse to admit there is someone better than them and only claim that they were bested by cheats. This is just another example to add to the pile.

You may not have noticed yet but server is once again evening itself out to the point I'd argue vices and sgr may no longer be favorites. I wouldn't go as far as calling you losers but on the other hand sgr is kind of the team to beat. Not forgetting ten ofc. And vices have a long way to go to stop lowlands and ten or sgr for that matter.

I believe the TEN/LL confed only came about because of LL's failed attempts at arti stealing. It seems like they had no other option in order to stay competitive in the game. As for SGR being the team to beat... We'll see :)

• I get that people defend their alliance, but ..So lets get hypocritical.

"But VICES staaaaarted it". The culture of techs is certainly ours, but SGR's leaders (and I'm willing to bet this applies to TEN and Lowlands) discovered what Tor was the moment we joined

It's like this imho sgr never really experienced so much cheating, tech accnts etc until some years back when vices joined the server.

Using the argument all alliances cheat and are no better then vices or sgr starts to lose traction when you see that hasn't really been the case for other outside alliances who've come to com1 to fight alongside or against us, even if other alliances have been caught once or twice it's not something that's been popularized or remained allied to these type of players.

I'm not saying sgr are clean either so it's not just negative for vices. I'm just not in denial about it being a problem.

I may have even agreed with you in the past and hinted the same thing towards lowlands and ten during our meme wars but to be fair ten and lowlands have kept there noses clean all server nothing has even been found to suggest there alliances that need to hide behind tech's or multies even if they do understand what tor is..

Can you please provide a list of players with punishable bans from both sides and the reasons why they were banned

"And this is not about the losing team that cares more about calling out cheats or even a competition on which teams have more cheats it's more about actually acknowledging there are cheats in teams like sgr and vices in the first place"

To expand on that polluting the game.

Also to say that writing here is going to fall on deaf ears and there is no real point, is not quite true either.

I wonder if you've ever heard the saying a squeaky wheel gets oiled?

To explain a bit better for you, highlight a problem often enough is like making a few squeaks after a while those squeaks get louder untill more people start to pay attention.

I think it would be a little short sighted even foolish to think that game mods and even admins wouldn't be tuning in from time to time see what there players have been up to and discussing don't you?

Post was edited 2 times, last by Bat Man ().

• I dont really think it's about praising SGR...

When one side start to cheat and for the next round the other teams decide to match that level of cheats. And after that the original cheaters decide to up their cheating AGAIN. I've seen this happen 3 servers in a row now. It's not about SGR & co. being innocent, it's about who is fueling the vicious cycle... And to ignore this point and deny your responsibility in promoting this "style" to get popular in normal server (outside of TT) is imo childish propaganda which I also detest.

Zioe | WILD | com1 2013

The Stranger | GOATS | com1 2014

SuperAidMinion | WILD | com5 2014

OswaldCobblepot | SGR | com1 2016-2017

Random Variable | SGR | com1 2018 + many other servers

aka. Valt

• To say VICES brought cheating to the server is not only absurd, but is another outlandish claim with no merit.

I never said it was falling on deaf ears. What I said is posting here does nothing to solve the problem, but instead brings forth a toxic element to the game.

TG knows cheating exists and have even stated that they are working on it.

If you have valuable input on the issue and how to solve the problem, you should join one of the many discussions in the general discussion part of the forum.

So far I have not seen any form of evidence to bring punishable bans or ways to fix the issue from you. If there are game mods or admins reading your posts, do you think they are getting anything out of it?

If you want to talk trash back and forth, post reports, call each other noobs, I'm 100% okay with that as I think thats part of the game.

But constantly complaining and unverified accusations about supposed one sided cheating is daft and pointless.

If you really care about the game, provide something constructive about the issue instead of spewing a false narrative about your alliance only cheating to match the level of cheats of opposing alliances.

I dont really think it's about praising SGR...

When one side start to cheat and for the next round the other teams decide to match that level of cheats. And after that the original cheaters decide to up their cheating AGAIN. I've seen this happen 3 servers in a row now. It's not about SGR & co. being innocent, it's about who is fueling the vicious cycle... And to ignore this point and deny your responsibility in promoting this "style" to get popular in normal server (outside of TT) is imo childish propaganda which I also detest.

A lot of blatant hypocrisy here. See above.

• I never said it was falling on deaf ears. What I said is posting here does nothing to solve the problem, but instead brings forth a toxic element to the game.

Maybe the toxicity comes from having the techs?

If you have valuable input on the issue and how to solve the problem, you should join one of the many discussions in the general discussion part of the forum.

So far I have not seen any form of evidence to bring punishable bans or ways to fix the issue from you. If there are game mods or admins reading your posts, do you think they are getting anything out of it?

Ah, you should read my previous posts from the last 3 rounds then :) Funny to think that I have 0 input to improving the game. I created a lot of content directly for the LOTR meeting, what was your input?

And just to be clear so you understand my stance on this, rule 1.1 should be applied as it is written. I actually think it's a good rule but it's not being applied at all.

But constantly complaining and unverified accusations about supposed one sided cheating is daft and pointless.

https://www.gettertools.com/ts…m.10/Alliance/308-VICES-H

One of the many groups of techs. Do I have to point out the rest to you?

I'd like you to point it out :D What where, I think I pretty much explained all of it there with neutral point of view? I'm not even playing on the server so why should I only defend one side ROFL

Zioe | WILD | com1 2013

aka. Valt

• TG knows cheating exists and have even stated that they are working on it.

Actually, they've decided to just allow everything, except multies. It's not implemented yet, but own benefit part of rule 1.1 is goind down the drain... And we all know how "good" TG are at finding multies. At least the own benefit part of rule 1.1 meant that those obvious multies, which the system wouldn't flag as multies, could be banned for not being played for own benefit. So techs are completely fine, while multies are still disallowed on paper, but it's harder to punish them.

The culture of techs is certainly ours,

As I said above, SGR is to blame too. But as James points out here, Villains brought the tech culture to com1 (and sadly SGR chose to adopt it. Which is not a wonder if you see those low-risk record-breaking WWKs being built with no raiding, and want to try to stay competitive, but still...). Does it excuse SGR? In my opinion, clearly not. But I do certainly think that SGR's one-upmanship in terms of teching/cheating is a response to Villains teching and cheating.

• rule 1.1 should be applied as it is written. I actually think it's a good rule but it's not being applied at all.

Agreed. But did you read that they were changing rule 1.1? EDIT: Ninja'd by wishmaster.

One of the many groups of techs. Do I have to point out the rest to you?

First of all, not techs. Second of all, as it has been pointed out previously, techs are legal. Edit: Ninja'd by wishmaster again.

I'm not even playing on the server so why should I only defend one side

You have SGR stamped all over your profile and were blaming Vices. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

But I do certainly think that SGR's one-upmanship in terms of teching/cheating is a response to Villains teching and cheating.

Even if this is true, it is still a terrible argument. But again, its an unverifiable claim.

The only reason I am in VICES is because SGR leadership approached me and offered a raiding bot as compensation.

As a TRULY virtuous player I turned down their immoral offer and chose to fight for the alliance with the better character.

(That's completely untrue, but do you see how claims like this are pointless without some form of evidence?)

• Even if this is true, it is still a terrible argument. But again, its an unverifiable claim.

Not going to reply to all of that due to your ignorance. Just read back up and see how I have given you the evidence for everything you asked for. Also your beloved Susan has confirmed most of what we say so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Zioe | WILD | com1 2013

aka. Valt

• Actually, they've decided to just allow everything, except multies. It's not implemented yet, but own benefit part of rule 1.1 is goind down the drain... And we all know how "good" TG are at finding multies. At least the own benefit part of rule 1.1 meant that those obvious multies, which the system wouldn't flag as multies, could be banned for not being played for own benefit. So techs are completely fine, while multies are still disallowed on paper, but it's harder to punish them.

Mads, except they implement the changes (i.e. announce the change, put them on the rulebook), there is no "allowing for techs" yet. In my understanding, the rule is stated vaguely on purpose to avoid accounts (in any form, either techs or multies) existing only to boost another account. If there will be a change, we will see. But more importantly, you are absolutely correct that TG are terrible at finding multies. Then the problem is that people who have multies can have a way out of the punishment. Who can say anymore that those accounts that are fishy but not flagged as multies are indeed not multies but just techs? This is exactly the concern I have. There will be a gateway to multi-ing (precisely because these suspicious accounts can be justified as techs - not multies - and it is fine), should techs are completely allowed.

Noel, 8:13 PM

She breaks my heart, I break their armies

• Not going to reply to all of that due to your ignorance. Just read back up and see how I have given you the evidence for everything you asked for. Also your beloved Susan has confirmed most of what we say so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

All you did was post a GT link to some trash alliance that decided to name themselves Vices. They aren't techs, but if they were thats not evidence of anything since techs aren't against the rules. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, just because eric is terrible at the game doesn't mean you can call him susan.