Activate sending scouts in Farm list + continues sending troops

• Being surpassed because a player was smarter and more experienced than me actually makes me excited of the huge world that is behind Travian

Agreed.

Being surpassed because a player sends his farm lists 24/7 (90% through a bot) doesn't stimulate me to become better.

But with that feature, this would become the case. That feature would simply make the bot obsolete, by implementing it in the game itself.

Sending farmlists is something even an idiot can do.

Yet you don't know the huge work that there's in being a top raider. Limiting the people that can get in top raid to those who have bot completely devalues the raid medal.

I know it takes a lot of effort and all, but let's face it. Do you farm for the benefit of your account or for the shiny shiny in your profile? Sure it's a nice addition of a small reward for your effort, but it doesn't give you any other benefits. :P

I know that you're used to see unskilled player get to top raid. That's exactly because only bot players get into it right now.

Partially true, but I've also seen skilled players resort to bot usage, because greed is a nasty thing. Some are used to be on top and will resort to many things in order to stay there unfortunately.

• But with that feature, this would become the case. That feature would simply make the bot obsolete, by implementing it in the game itself.

So better to let the bot feature only to the ones that cheat? Clever

I know it takes a lot of effort and all, but let's face it. Do you farm for the benefit of your account or for the shiny shiny in your profile?

Let's be honest Vrba, a medal is really nice to have and especially the newbies love them

After they discover a medal is made up 90% by cheating (and that they have a HUGE advantage by cheating) they can only have by cheating too, how will they react? Beat them playing fairly or cheating/leaving the game?

I wouldn't play a game that gives you only bitterness.

Partially true, but I've also seen skilled players resort to bot usage, because greed is a nasty thing. Some are used to be on top and will resort to many things in order to stay there unfortunately.

Skilled players, after 10 years of playing, and here only for nostalgy.

Meanwhile, all the new players quit because they have to do the double of the path to reach the cheaters

Also i saw only 1 team EVER who raided 24/7 without bots, here you are Blue_Stain . The other 999 raiders used "extra tools". Deal with it.

I start thinking that you use the bot and don't want the others to have it too :)

Post was edited 2 times, last by Trickster ().

• How about adding a button that sim for you aswell? May aswell make it so you actually can’t do anything but register yourself, everything else will be done by new automater systems.

I reckon that would revive the game

• So better to let the bot feature only to the ones that cheat? Clever

Or how about let nobody have it? Sadly that's the issue of TG that such things are happening quite often...

Though, I don't intend to be one of the ''can't beat them, join them'' type of guys.

I start thinking that you use the bot and don't want the others to have it too

Then you're just very bad at thinking... ;)

I frankly don't care who uses the bot, what gives me my own satisfaction is that I can outplay those who use it without needing to reach for such things.

• How about adding a button that sim for you aswell? May aswell make it so you actually can’t do anything but register yourself, everything else will be done by new automater systems.

Seems like you completely missed the point here

You're a bot user too then

I know it takes a lot of effort and all, but let's face it. Do you farm for the benefit of your account or for the shiny shiny in your profile? Sure it's a nice addition of a small reward for your effort, but it doesn't give you any other benefits. :P

Does it matter if it's for benefits or for medals?

For now raids are only for bot users and it's an unfair advantage. Stop

You're better than this Lemon

That's what you just wrote:

"TG won't/can't do anything to solve the problem. Plus I don't care, so let the cheaters have the advantage"

The most the fair the game is, the more populated and exciting it will be, that's a fact

Especially with automized farm list senders there will be a difference between the ones that know how to raid, and those who can't.

So many times i saw 10 troops on a simple 2 population farms, some don't even have the concept of having different lists cataloged on distance/troops type

But as nostalgic said raids is only a cheaters things, and it will be for long

• you said it.. activity, strategy, gold, help of others, "smartness".. but if you have time more than me.. (jobless) My smartness won't help me..

the game will stay interesting if we took away the time issue

but it won't be interesting if we took away the smartness issue or helping each other issue.. or strategy issue..

It maybe will, maybe won't you. But you can't say for sure. Well, personally my account in the finals with duals were covered pretty much all day and we did not use any bots or left the job for travian as well. But later on, when not only resources, but how much troops can you make in time started to matter more and seeing that half of the troops were dying in the raids due to spikers activity, we quit raiding. Summa summarum, I don't know what is the big deal about it, since it's not working everywhere.

You know the old joke, Eiaiestyi? Man shows up at the Pearly Gates, sees this guy in a pin stripe suit, and a briefcase, a cigar, prancing about. He says to Saint Peter, 'who's that guy?' Saint Peter says 'ahhh, that's just God. Thinks he's Jofke.'

• I just tested and can confirm that raids also work for non-bot users.

Good work, little man!

Now test how much you raid with and without bots

SPOILER:

• "TG won't/can't do anything to solve the problem. Plus I don't care, so let the cheaters have the advantage"

So what more can I do? If I see potential cheating I report it to the MH and/or show something to back it up...

Or shall I flick my magical wand and solve the problem?

I've just learned to deal with it.

Am I satisfied? No.

Do I stress myself over it? No.

I just try to enjoy the game regardless.

The most the fair the game is, the more populated and exciting it will be, that's a fact

You're actually right, but only for the top players, while newcomers would be at a great disadvantage if others received such an overpowered feature. That is also a fact.

And a game does not become more popular if the same people keep playing it. It's the newcomers who actually add to the popularity, not existing users.

• It maybe will, maybe won't you. But you can't say for sure. Well, personally my account in the finals with duals were covered pretty much all day and we did not use any bots or left the job for travian as well. But later on, when not only resources, but how much troops can you make in time started to matter more and seeing that half of the troops were dying in the raids due to spikers activity, we quit raiding. Summa summarum, I don't know what is the big deal about it, since it's not working everywhere.

This is an interesting point. But mostly play national servers, there are few spikers any many farms, worth it to raid

And I try to change things.

I know it's unusual, yet i believe in it

You're actually right, but only for the top players, while newcomers would be at a great disadvantage if others received such an overpowered feature. That is also a fact.

How can automated lists become a disadvantage for newbies? :D

If they were farmed, they would have been also without auto-sender

• Good work, little man!

Now test how much you raid with and without bots

SPOILER:

You seem to be very acknowledged about the benefits of bots, please... do tell more. :/

How can automated lists become a disadvantage for newbies?

If they were farmed, they would have been also without auto-sender

Playing for the first time it's quite hard already to get a grip of the game while others are already doing god knows what. Before you know what you're doing you'll likely already be a farm.

First servers are always rough, especially now with many features making skilled players lives easier. But the issue here would be player attitude, rather than accepting defeat and trying to improve they just tend to move on.

Post was edited 1 time, last by Wolkenengel ().

• You seem to be very acknowledged about the benefits of bots

I answer to you cause you seem the most reasonable in here

I realized as ally admin that my players who use cheats usually raid 10 times more than those who don't

It's really bad and the more you get into Travian, the more you lose interest in this.

That's very sad.

"Depressione, medicine e opere d'arte"

• Farms bounty is not directly proportional to the number of raiders.

The most raiders there are, the more balanced the bounties will be

At that point it's hard to see someone who can afford troops to farm even the defenced players.

Yet the auto-sender wouldn't make your life easier, only equalize all the raiders and removing the advantage from those who can do this with bot

• Yet the auto-sender wouldn't make your life easier, only equalize all the raiders and removing the advantage from those who can do this with bot

I get your point, it makes the bot obsolete, but it still sucks big time to come to a point where implementing a currently forbidden tool in the game to make it balanced feels like a good idea.

Understandable for people to think this way to counter such issues, but I don't know. Maybe I have too high hopes for things to improve the proper way in this game.

• I realized as ally admin that my players who use cheats usually raid 10 times more than those who don't

And THIS is the issue imo.

As an ally leader, as a player in general I have a choice when I see cheaters in my group. I can either demand the same for myself or I can just make use of the kick-button.

And if the honest players refuse to play alongside botters we could hope for changes. But instead automated sending is claimed to be desireable. THATS what I call sad.

banner-Nut-The-Squirrels.png

"Between impulse and action there is a realm of good taste begging for your acquaintance."
    (the doctor, voy4/25)

• travian is a simcity game making troops is so noob.. just make one villa acnt if u wanna rob :P

also when spiking is gone why not give up sleeep and raid all the time leave simming to me :D

• And THIS is the issue imo.

As an ally leader, as a player in general I have a choice when I see cheaters in my group. I can either demand the same for myself or I can just make use of the kick-button.

And if the honest players refuse to play alongside botters we could hope for changes. But instead automated sending is claimed to be desireable. THATS what I call sad.

An alliance tried to do this in IT domain, they ended up arguing and splitting in 2 groups, both with obvious cheaters inside

If you feel like you could do something like this, go ahead.

I won't never sacrifice for this ideal, because not even Travian cares about solving the problem.

Why should i give up on my friendships for this?