Removing early troop-reward adventures.

• Hello,

I am trying to improve my fastest v2 settle strategy and I came upon a very annoying thing. And that is getting troops from adventures.

Now to elaborate. I 100% support getting troops from the adventure. Getting those 400 clubswingers later in the game feels good. On the other hand, you get stuff like this: (day 4 adventure - adventure #11)

This seems super bad and demoralising to get. I get that the pure resourse value is okay-ish, but for most players, they are at a disadvantage by not getting anything else that can be sold for either early silver (thats a lot of silver if you get cages/herbs/weapon etc.) or just flat out reourses that you can invest into CP/future production.

Id suggest removing troops-reward adventures from the 1st 30 days of the server. Or even less, like 20.

Thoguhts?

• It’s still extra carry capacity you could use that you wouldn’t have otherwise even going pure simming route. Useful for that extra 100 capacity with a settler raid. Or with the 5 troops hitting a 2 pop. Not as useful as pure res or a good item, but indirectly can speed your settling.

• It’s still extra carry capacity you could use that you wouldn’t have otherwise even going pure simming route. Useful for that extra 100 capacity with a settler raid. Or with the 5 troops hitting a 2 pop. Not as useful as pure res or a good item, but indirectly can speed your settling.

It has its benefits, but thats demanding extra work for something you would have gotten otherwise. And most have their 5 base troops for raiding anyways and its hard to hit full capacity with those as it is, because of other non-sim starts.

• I'd kill it. It will only eat crop you could npc to more useful stuff. Even if you kill it on an oasis it will get you some points for your daily tasks, and hope that you get the 1k res

• I'm meh

not really a fan of early troops not really disliking them

its just luck u know. not promised to be what you want. I think thats one of the stuff that makes it interesting - I guess

Is it so far from madness to wisdom?

COLLECTIONS.png

• Meanwhile, some find it useful to get a few phals or something early on. It's basically a thing of preference.

You could get a horn of the Natarian on your 11th adventure, which is even bigger garbage considering you won't get anything more than 100 silver for it.

tumblr_static_85925g0bn2sckws4ks4008kk8.png

si4 2007/08 Vrba [ANCIENT]

si5 2012/13 orangutan [AK]

si2 2017/18 sph1nX / Blobfish [Midgard]

si1 2018 .iDKz! [RM]

com29 2018 sph1nX [UN-C]

com83 2018/19 Bacardi Time [DSC-IDTS]

TT Finals 2018/19 Witch King [Union]

Anglosphere6 2018/19 Fimbultyr [Bifrost]

• Thats not the point I was trying to make. I was trying to remove as much "luck" out of the race for 2nd village as possible. Sure, lets remove horn as well for the 1st 10 days.

• I like the adventures, if you remove the "bad" items from adventures in the first week, you remove 99% of the randomness from the 2nd village rush.

And would only result in people doing the exact same start strategy...And then we are back to people wanting to improve their strategy to beat others, which won't be possible due to everyone using the most optimal start strat.

• I guess Im the only 1 that doesnt like "randomness" playing with my v2 rush, potentially bouncing, because someone got res and I get 1x EI from an adventure etc...

• Because using this 1 troop even if alone to safe-farm oasis at start isn't beneficial? It all comes down to how much one can be creative, even if it's a single troop.

tumblr_static_85925g0bn2sckws4ks4008kk8.png

si4 2007/08 Vrba [ANCIENT]

si5 2012/13 orangutan [AK]

si2 2017/18 sph1nX / Blobfish [Midgard]

si1 2018 .iDKz! [RM]

com29 2018 sph1nX [UN-C]

com83 2018/19 Bacardi Time [DSC-IDTS]

TT Finals 2018/19 Witch King [Union]

Anglosphere6 2018/19 Fimbultyr [Bifrost]

• For me to use this 1x EC to cover back the cost I would have other-wise gotten, I would have had to raid 4k alone with that 1x EI. That just doesnt happen from day 4-7.