as you know, the Tournament Finals game world is struggling due to the disruptive behavior of a group of players who deliberately decided to sabotage it. Until around the 22nd of February, the Tournament was proceeding very well, with a lot of fun and incredible battles organized by the biggest alliances in the world. Our aim has always been to provide a platform that gives the opportunity to compete with and against the best players. Unfortunately, a group of players decided to deliberately exploit a technical gap to destroy the game world, making it unstable and generating a bad gameplay experience for all players.
Even if in the recent years we have managed to significantly increase the technical quality and to decrease sources of error as much as possible, we (as the team behind Travian: Legends) also expect the community not to exploit game issues with the sole purpose of disrupting the experience of other players.
To make sure we could take the best possible decision regarding the current state of the game world, last week on Friday we have met with some of the representatives of the major alliances / metas of the Tournament Finals to discuss how to proceed (you can read all information here).
Most of the leaders asked us to end the Finals immediately and make the Natars win the game world. On the other hand, we received a lot of feedback from individual players who asked us to continue the Finals.
As our Tournament T&C do not give clear guidance on how to handle the present situation, we have met with our lawyers this morning. Our lawyers advised us to deal with this regulatory gap by applying the principle of good faith. This means that a fair compromise has to be found which considers the interests of all players involved.
After evaluating additional options, reviewing the chat with the alliance leader and the feedback we received via our support system and forum during the weekend, we have decided to proceed as follow:
- The Tournament Finals game world will be set to maintenance mode, tomorrow 05/03/2019 at 10:30 UTC+1
- The server will get a rollback. Everything will be reverted and set to the status of 22nd February 2019 from 19:00 UTC+1.
- The Travian: Legends Finals will reopen on Wednesday the 06/03/2019 at 14:00 UTC+1
- Some prevention measures will be taken to reduce the mass-starvation exploit by players. These measures will be announced separately.
- Every player will have 50% of the Gold bought until 22nd February added up to his/her account.
- The Gold Transfer link feature will be activated on the 2018 Tournament Finals game world, so that you will be able to receive the remaining available Gold at the end of the server, or after deletion, to use it on any game world of your choice globally.
- An email will be sent to all participants, to inform them about the happenings, so that they will know their account is still there, and there is still the need of their help to win the race!
We know this solution is not everyone’s favorite and we are sorry for it, but there are many aspects to be taken into consideration in such cases.
We will do our best to make sure things go as smooth as possible, and we hope you can still have an exciting end-game phase on the Tournament Finals.
Your Travian: Legends Team