[Anglosphere] The Ultimate Battle – Episode 2 – On the edge

We are testing a brand new User Interface, a new background and some other small changes on our PTRx3 gameworld! 🎨
📌 PTR is the acronym of Public Test Realm. PTRs are used to test patches before we release them to the public. Unlike standard game worlds, you’re one of the first people testing a new build which can often be unstable or otherwise non-functional. Accessing the PTR and reporting bugs is one of the biggest services you can provide ❤️

➡️ Join now ⬅️

✍️ ➡️ Give your feedback about the new User Interface
✍️ ➡️ Give your feedback about the new Backgrounds
  • Dear players!

Shadow fell on the edge and that means that there is time for another story! Solve the riddle and help the hero to find the way out!

theherohasaproblem.gif

Whoever wrote that note about doors was a joker! If this is the safe path, then I am the Roman Emperor! Arghhh!

My old father had always told me that dying of old age is not part of my life story. He also said that I remind him of my mother’s grandfather, Mark Atilius, from whom – my father believed - I inherited my passion for adventure and ability to end up in risky situations (in fact, he used rather different expressions, but since I am planning to show those notes to my little sister, I wouldn't dare to write them here). And for quite some time, when I was scared to find some broken bones, I was totally agreeing with him!

Alright, the good news is my bones seem to be OK, unlike my self-esteem as well as my knees and palms. I found myself on the hairbreadth of disaster. Only a few centimeters to the left and no one would ever find me here, let alone alive.

Now a few words about the place where I was in. It’s a dark, rather big and deadly cold basement. The only light here was through the small window above the hole 3 meters above, through which I fell in here. The door was closed and I somehow was sure that the bookshelf is in its usual place and that means no one would even look for me here. If I had fallen just a bit further from the wall I would have ended up in a ditch that seemed quite deep, at least I couldn't see the ground. I found a small stone and dropped it into the abyss. A couple of seconds felt like an eternity, then I heard a weak sound. That meant the way down was not going to be an option.

Nearby there were 2 long logs in which I recognized something that – probably a hundred years ago – used to be a ladder. Unfortunately, the rungs were broken and even if I somehow climbed up there using one of those, I wouldn't be able to open the door balancing on that stilt. So, the way up is out of the question, too.

I sat on the edge of the ditch and stared into the darkness. As my eyes got used to the dark, I saw something that looked like a door. Ha! There is another way out! All I need to find out is how I can get there alive.

Task:

The ditch around the door is 3 meters wide. Both logs are exactly the same length. Help the hero to get to the exit door.

General contest information:

Start date/time: March 5, 2019
    UK: 09:00 am (GMT)
    US: 04:00 am (GMT-5)
    AU: 08:00 pm (GMT+11)
    End date/time: March 11, 2019
    UK: 09:00 am (GMT)
    US: 04:00 am (GMT-5)
    AU: 08:00 pm (GMT+11)
    Winners announced on: March 12, 2019
    Winners chosen: Six random winners from among all the correct answers
    Prizes: 50 gold x 6 winners
    Gold voucher valid only in: Anglosphere, UK, US and AU communities
    Gold voucher valid until: December 31, 2020
    To be eligible to win, you need to: State your nickname and server played when giving the answer to the riddle

You participate in the contest by answering to this thread.

All answers will be disabled until we choose to approve them.