Change the WW spawning locations

• Since the maps were made smaller, four of the WWs are spawning at 50 squares out. Those are fine. But the other five are now in the grey area.

Almost no alliance wants to hold a WW in the grey, as it is exposed and close to every quad and alliance on the server.

You will probably have noticed nobody wants to touch them. Now imagine a scenario (which happens every server) where there are two main, decent, alliances in one quad. Suddenly one of them has no options to hold a WW. They still don't go grey - they're likely just to meta up, or mass delete.

I would suggest Travian rethink this. You made the maps smaller to encourage more skirmishes (it worked) but both this, and the smaller spawn range of artefacts, are wrecking your objective. People are taking central croppers in order to get the artes, defeating the purpose of spreading people out over the map space. IMO both of their location spawning need attention.

Another way to spread people out over the map is to have more decent croppers. Anyone who isn't experienced enough to know about the cp race, will end up with a rubbish cropper. But you've heard this before - it's merely gotten worse since the maps shrunk. You cut the size by 75%, so please for the love of dog increase the number of 50% oases on the server to compensate.

• Back when the grey area was introduced, all WW's were in the grey area.

Blueprints spawned a bit outside the grey area and artefacts further out.

Moving them out of the grey area made said area useless and very unattractive.

As everything was again scattered across the entire map.

I can see the logic behind putting them back in the grey area, because the smaller map was made to ensure people are more packed together, and thus more action will ensue.

Putting the WW's in the center (where travel time is most from each direction) negates that.

• Moving them out of the grey area made said area useless and very unattractive.

As everything was again scattered across the entire map.

There was a very brief period, I believe, where WWs in grey were the only one with ½ consumption. I might be wrong though.

These days, those in grey have less natar defense.. But obviously it doesn't make enough of a difference to make them worth taking.

• They grey area itself is unattractive. The 50% oases all over it are still not enough to counter the CP and proximity disadvantages, for most people.

I can see why the grey exists historically, but the centre is already dangerous enough without adding more reasons to dislike it. Anyone making their own personal villages in there is a target for every single quad. As the smaller map has forced people to spread out and there are fewer "dead areas" you could almost argue there is little need for the grey zone anymore. Just being central will be deterrent enough. It's well-known that you don't settle central unless you have 24h cover on your account, which excludes most players without duals. Even those that do create havoc, their alliance will be continually scrambling to defend them, incredibly irritating to hear that so-and-so has incomings on their artefact or noncap hammer AGAIN and you only have four hours to find defs...

But I digress. Having four WW villages with a massive advantage and five with a massive comparative disadvantage means there are effectively only four useful ones. Limiting the server to a four-horse race surely wasn't intentional and needs to be corrected.

• There was a very brief period, I believe, where WWs in grey were the only one with ½ consumption. I might be wrong though.

The first T4 servers had all the WW's in the grey area. And none of them had half wheat consumption. It was awful but thankfully they changed it pretty quickly

• Seems like everyone agrees that:

A) those WWs in grey zone are useless - https://snag.gy/pt8XzV.jpg

B) grey zone needs buff

Lets get things done and move from defining the problem phase to submitting ideas and finding a solution.

It will be imposibble to affect one without affecting the other.

1. Make troops in WW inside grey zone consume only half the crop. Keep them with half the natarian army aswell, so new tactics to capture them asap might arise on competetive servers like finals.

2. Buff oases inside gray zone. 25%->50% and 50%->75%? Those croppers will be stronger and will develop much faster, but for a cost of being vulnerable to surprise attacks from evry single quad.

3. Make villages inside GZ produce 50% (25%?) CPs instead of zero.

• Or just locate the WW villages at 0/75, 75/75, 75/0, 75/-75, 0/-75, -75/-75, -75/0, -75/75?

What was interesting about your pic was the illustration of just how close to the centre 50 squares is. It's enticing players NOT to spread across the map evenly.