Statistical comparison between .com's & anglosphere's path to pandora servers (1x).

• Thanks for sharing that, Final Word. That was an interesting read . At least I find it interesting to read backstory about the teams, thought processes and decisions. The BG style of fighting can certainly impact a couple of these stats. Based on my own experiences I do think that these closer distance type of fights that the BG style usually revolves around tend to be more scrappy. Which is not to say bad, but perhaps less planned out and a bit more opportunistic if that makes sense.

"5) Top two contenders focused away from each other until late, and TEAM ended up being the one squashed in the middle."
    I feel like this happens often and that a rework of the map/regions/VP distribution would be good.

I hope that there will be more shared stories & more reports too!

Thanks for the pictures, Kazah.:thumbup:

I think, I expected the anglosphere ptp to be bloodier and was surprised to see that it looked relatively calm. However, as Basher wrote, there might be a lot more hammers around there still, that's impossible to know from an outside perspective. Overall, the anglosphere ptp certainly seems more competitive and I do believe that I've seen KGW be on top of the VP/day at times not too long ago which probably brought hope to the victory race. It would be interesting to read more from another perspective as well.

The .com had potential to be tight as there were times in the first half when the VP lead (both total & daily) was starting to look hard to eat up. Similarly there was some hope when Elite, TVV and TK allied up and were running some attack operations. It was on the late side of things, where they probably felt like they needed big results which didn't come. I guess Elite, TVV and TK had their own set of problems as well that made it hard for them to fulfill their potential, which might not have been enough either way, but I'm sure it could've been more than it amounted to. However, it's hard to bring together people and get them to commit to a plan. In all likelihood we had some of the same issues in Lords two years ago on the RoA server, so I can relate to that.

My thought behind making this thread wasn't to say that Heathens is better than everyone else, but I think they have worked hard and wanted to add a perspective that showcases this a bit.

If this was a comment for me, I didn't say anything about growing less :? I said that on a larger map, you can take regions by simming more easily than on the smaller map, since regions will be less contested. You might have thought I meant simming as in higher pop, but that is not what I meant. On the larger map, you can easily settle in "boonies" to get control of regions, while the smaller map is a lot thighter.

Now, you didn't post the stats for population, but if I read this right, the players on anglo have more pop? That actually further underlines the point - more pop is needed to take control of regions than on .com = most likely more competitive.

Anyway, I'm not flaming any team, nor saying that one is better than the other or not - just that from the stats, anglo one looks more competitive.

The population is quite even, the players in TM and KGW are slightly bigger on average, but they're not using all the 60 slots.

Alliance Player(s) Ø Points

1. Heathens 60 14391 863458

Alliance Player(s) Ø Points

1. KGW 56 15821 885999

2. TM 56 14629 819230

The growing less part was about what Frozen Angel wrote:
    "Fourth point is that the English server had more competitions in early and mid server - which caused everyone to grow less. when you're busy fighting over stuff you grow less right?"

The nonsense comment wasn't good, shouldn't have made it, but it wasn't directed towards Frozen Angel. Rather some other comments I've come across before making the thread. I'd be grateful if we can move past that :)

• I dont like how people are saying we lacked competition throughout the server though.

As mentioned previously we did hold OPs almost every 24h (those from TM may remember I enjoyed doing frequent OPs) until travel times were longer and we had to make them ever 48h, some hitting harder than others, but the point is we focused an enemy/alliance/player hard each time and would continue until delete/give up. In one instance we actually got walled in a lot of places killing almost 1mil defence mid-game and literally kept spamming catas each time they returned since they lost of defence already.

Considering .COM had 2x more registrations than .UK I don't like that people think this was an easy win, nor lack of competition - I'm not going to say which server had harder competition because that is something that neither side can actually comment on unless they've played both servers fully.

Can I ask something though, I know both KGW/TM have a lot of forces left right now, I just find it strange that KGW havent really made a big push for regions in the last few weeks considering their need to, or at least enough that either side is killing/losing units on a big scale - Id have thought that in KGW's position, theyd be in a "all or nothing" attitude

Odin

Heathens Alliance

.COM Birthday Servers
    Also known as: poxtops, Lady Killer, Basher, NoName
    Previous alliances: Exile, TM, Fools

• From what I heard KGW leadership crashed down. there were some internal fights and some major players deleted.

And then it was just late for making any operations the server was already lost with the numbers so people just gave up.

Is it so far from madness to wisdom?

• Thats a shame, I'd say the same happened in our server too, just earlier on.

Odin

Heathens Alliance

.COM Birthday Servers

• The harsh reality is that in this kind of server is more difficult to keep alliance together sometimes, because people want to boost their own accounts and are not very happy when leaderships ask them to settle 250 fields away in the middle of a desert

• The harsh reality is that in this kind of server is more difficult to keep alliance together sometimes, because people want to boost their own accounts and are not very happy when leaderships ask them to settle 250 fields away in the middle of a desert

thats because most people/players dont know what teamplay is/means. As each single piece of ego play will lower the chances of winning as a team.

And when they refuse you start zeroing any new villages they settle/chief until they settle 250 fields away for you :D

Odin

Heathens Alliance

.COM Birthday Servers

• Real Question is, why isnt there a world tournament with birthday server rules to really see who is best :D

Odin

Heathens Alliance

.COM Birthday Servers

• Real Question is, why isnt there a world tournament with birthday server rules to really see who is best :D

may be x10 ptp server of 100 days next nys or tournament special bonus and yes it will be timed so when gold sale will happen around the starting few days of the server . i talk more about real probabilities and those that wont ever happen any more .

• (I'm Apache)

TEAM holding Salona for the longest time messed KGW up in the long run. Too many time was wasted on that region.... In the end what killed us (KGW) was alliances like TIW and TEAM wasting endless weeks preventing our big guns to focus on fighting TM. Apache was supposed to clean up Africa, jump to Italy and work our way up. As Wordsmith said, most big guns from TM were in NW.

TIW, ELE and TEAM cost KGW the server in the end. That being said, TM did great work and our Wild Bunch was a lil bit unprepared for TM.

• One thing I remembered that was bothering me

Your KGW friends (i think it was anubis) asked zapayou why I deleted when I was invited to KGW.

I mean I think you would invite me if I wanted to cause I was holding salona at that time.

But you guys never invited me so why would you lie about that to my friends?

• From what I heard KGW leadership crashed down. there were some internal fights and some major players deleted.

And then it was just late for making any operations the server was already lost with the numbers so people just gave up.

So,..

To be clear I'm the only Apache dual who is not welcome in leader chats, for good reasons. Hence I don't know all details. But I can make a picture for you on how stuff went. (Kinda)

Wild Bunch aka Mean Girls, came with a small group of players, at start their was some bad communication hence players in all quads. Biggest group in SW. Our leadership has always been the same. As the game progressed we had no choice but to merge with Camelot we knew A-Nub-Is and Carbon because we had core members who played on com1 (Villains). The important part about the merger, it gave our raiders boots. Without boots, we stood no chance vs TM.

As with all mergers leadership has to change, they have something we want, so we have to give them something they want. Result new leadership. With new leadership comes DRAMA.

In the end the drama came to a crash where leadership broke down. (It broke multiple times btw and changed a lot) Carbon and Malak (a-nub-is) who planned our OPs decided they were done.

After that people started to throw away their hammers carelessly and we stopped going for the win.

Idk when Anubis, planned for you to join or whatever. But look at it like this:
    KGW is a ship, and every few days we get more and more holes in the ship. Some get patched some keep letting in water.

At some point, keeping the ship afloat is more important then getting more people on the ship heading to a place we won't reach anymore. (the victory)

• Yeah I'm not mad that I was not invited (cause I was set on deleting my acc at that point). I had a lot of friends in KGW. You invited a lot of my other friends who had weaker/worse accounts than me later after I deleted.

My issue is that - a lie was told to my friends about it.

• Yeah I'm not mad that I was not invited (cause I was set on deleting my acc at that point). I had a lot of friends in KGW. You invited a lot of my other friends who had weaker/worse accounts than me later after I deleted.

My issue is that - a lie was told to my friends about it.

I was no leader, but I'm sorry to hear that.

• Hell if i have to say, this .com PTP server for me had low amount of action. I expected a much more hectic and dangerous adventure, it sadly turned out to be a very docile server. I had been a top raider, in top 10 and top attacker for most of the server, sadly i did not receive a single attack till the last month of the server.

However the blame for this has to be placed on the opposition, they thought of Heathens as being too strong and waited to do something till we actually became so. There should be no comparison between the servers as the dynamics were different, Heathens is a complete team but we faced a team of quitters. The quitters were mostly afraid of starting a conflict, instead of clearing the backyard they indulged in crazy diplomacy.

If you say that Heathens had an easier server, well we didnt have good competition as the quitters quit but we didnt have it easy. 50 active accounts had to take the brunt of the attacks from the Quitter meta, we defended and remade of our def. Hell i smashed my hammer twice and got 400k kills then i made def and got 240k def points. If after this you say Heathens didnt work hard then please do tell what hard work is. The OPPOSITION WAS SO HORRENDOUS AT TIMES THAT IT MIGHT LOOK EASY. Playing 60 v 200 is not an easy job.

• sakku you didn't start with that alliance. you just recruited good players till you became that heathens that could not be defeated.

Think of it this way: There are a limited amount of good players in each server. You all decided to have a boring server with no action because of the way you made those good ones united and the people who were left out of heathens were way weaker/had no plans.

Not saying you should have been separated to smaller alliances or that you shouldn't have all been allied and stuff. I'm just saying that you can't say the blame is on opposition. Opposition is what you define based on your own recruitment policies.