• im pretty fine with the idea of spiking. this system is in place since as far as i can remember and a good solution for smaller organisation to slow down big farming alliance. Also, with enough work, its quite easy to eventually find out the spiker. Stop winning and get to work

• Let me know your IGN, I'll get to work real quick here.

Anyone who is okay with spiking doesn't have a comprehensive farm list, and should actually be the ones 'getting to work.'

Or you're one of the spikers and you don't want your free hero exp going away. Either way its a pathetic way to play.

• Yes, what do you all think?

Is this legal, or not?

Can you find anything in the rules against it? Which rule do those who spike break?

Well they break the rules when they use their bots and multi-accounts accounts for defense. With the new re-enforcement rule of only being able to re-enforce alliance and conf. members it will eliminate that problem

Is this legal, or not?

Can you find anything in the rules against it? Which rule do those who spike break?

Well they break the rules when they use their bots and multi-accounts accounts for defense

Well Bots and Multi's are allowed as long as they are causing the gold players to buy more gold, remember that. Someones gotta fund the silver system.

• With the new re-enforcement rule of only being able to re-enforce alliance and conf. members it will eliminate that problem.

Too bad they only extend this option to the Kingdoms and PTP severs. No wonder why Legends is a dying breed.

• The problem with the system they've already implemented in the past is it fixes one issue but creates a whole different one. Have had this debate several times. The system stops spikers, no doubt, but it also prevents alliances without end game goals to allow their members to support friends or whomever they wish come endgame. It happened to us on the 5x with the rule implemented even. We couldn't just say "ok guys support whichever you want" at first was infamous, but while we did that we couldnt send anything to phoenix or esb etc. There are many spoiler-like alliances who dont really play to win, just want to have a good time that are effected by it.

Don't get me wrong I am 100% against spiking. I think its for people who can't back themselves up. It's for the weak, and all that other good stuff. You guys know more than anyone else that I highly frown upon it when my teamates do it, hell I've kicked people over it even. But truth is, the system they implemented on other servers is actually worse than the spiking issue.

And Besides, how are our enemies going to even come close to putting up a fight with us when they can no longer utilize their level 1 multi/bot defense? they struggle enough as it is while utilizing it, I'd hate to pull all their tricks out of their sleeves.

• im pretty fine with the idea of spiking. this system is in place since as far as i can remember and a good solution for smaller organisation to slow down big farming alliance. Also, with enough work, its quite easy to eventually find out the spiker. Stop winning and get to work

agreed^, it's a valid tactic for fighting much larger/more active accounts and alliances.

• Not really. AngloX top 2 raiding alliances are nearly combined to the next 8. It's just a sad and pathetic excuse to get revenge in the most minimal of ways.

• The problem with the system they've already implemented in the past is it fixes one issue but creates a whole different one. Have had this debate several times. The system stops spikers, no doubt, but it also prevents alliances without end game goals to allow their members to support friends or whomever they wish come endgame. It happened to us on the 5x with the rule implemented even. We couldn't just say "ok guys support whichever you want" at first was infamous, but while we did that we couldnt send anything to phoenix or esb etc. There are many spoiler-like alliances who dont really play to win, just want to have a good time that are effected by it.

Don't get me wrong I am 100% against spiking. I think its for people who can't back themselves up. It's for the weak, and all that other good stuff. You guys know more than anyone else that I highly frown upon it when my teamates do it, hell I've kicked people over it even. But truth is, the system they implemented on other servers is actually worse than the spiking issue.

And Besides, how are our enemies going to even come close to putting up a fight with us when they can no longer utilize their level 1 multi/bot defense? they struggle enough as it is while utilizing it, I'd hate to pull all their tricks out of their sleeves.

In my opinion this is a good point and i think most peaple forget that the feature where you can only reinf your own alliance or those you have diplomacy with was first introduce in path to pandora or cauldron server which are designed for differant endgame than the classic server with natar.

They wanted to enforce player to play together in alliance so those alliance would have more population to control zone, which was ultimely the winning condition.

In classic server, people tend to not form full 60 player alliance although that tendency is changing slowly but surely since they introduced alliance bonus to it. This wouldnt please player that like to play in smaller alliance without meta and those represent a significant portion of playerbase. Like me.

Is this legal, or not?

now days people just raid their “tech” accounts so actively spike all quads because you allow them to not need to raid. So no, spiking may not be against the rules but it is a byproduct of the rules you already fail to enforce

• it is for now only being implemented for 5 tribe servers . for the rest you , see it doesnt violate any rules and regulations so if u want to play travian so do please play pay to play mode or wait 5 tribe legend servers . that is the only route if you want to be play this game spike free .

• Well in football (Soccer for some of you..) is it against the rules to keep the ball in play if an opponent is genuinely injured? No, but everyone will think you're a EDITED and during a game/competition its nice to have some sportsmanship.

Anyway, as Crunch alluded to, it's mainly done by scum alliances who you can't do it back to because they raid friendly farms, whilst spiking everyone elses legitimate farms. It's completely ruining the balance of the game.

• it is, and should remain, legal. this is a wargame, not sim city.

It is legal but it removes the "fun" part from early game, especially to players who haven't finished a server before.

Isn't it better to do something about spiking and get more players interested in playing this till the end instead of saying "uuu this isn't a sim city" - well of course it isn't, try focusing more on making ops than spiking and you won't have problem with simmers

agreed^, it's a valid tactic for fighting much larger/more active accounts and alliances.

Again, why not think long term and make an ally of your own, take time to find 'n teach new players.

I get it if you just wanna play with your group of friends but then don't expect to be relevant later in game. If you actually wanna influence the round then invest time, outsmart your opponents and most of all be prepared - spiking is not a solution.

It could still easily be handled - disallow reinforcements to inactive accounts, let's say when they've been inactive for 5 days.

• Another easy fix would be to make it show who is defending on the village you attack. Then you could show them some mercy from above :whistling:.. You can't attack anonymously, why can you defend? :/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/

im pretty fine with the idea of spiking. this system is in place since as far as i can remember and a good solution for smaller organisation to slow down big farming alliance. Also, with enough work, its quite easy to eventually find out the spiker. Stop winning and get to work

You need organisation for spiking? All you need is one account with decent production and you can spike insane amount of farms..

• It could still easily be handled - disallow reinforcements to inactive accounts, let's say when they've been inactive for 5 days.

I've mentioned that exact thing on other forums as well. They track whos signed in currently, or within last 24 and 72 hrs etc. its easy to implement. if the person hasnt signed in within 72 hrs.. etc.

• i'd say the effectiveness of spiking as a war tactic is proven just by this thread, we've got a lot of top tier players in here clearly disturbed by it, that means a spike by a 200 pop noob is actually doing damage/taking time from top raiders. that's a tactical victory. it's a way for the weak to challenge the strong, there's nothing wrong with that.

• i'd say the effectiveness of spiking as a war tactic is proven just by this thread, we've got a lot of top tier players in here clearly disturbed by it, that means a spike by a 200 pop noob is actually doing damage/taking time from top raiders. that's a tactical victory. it's a way for the weak to challenge the strong, there's nothing wrong with that.

yes there is, as everyone else will just start making tech accounts too and that will be the death of travian for people that only play with 1 account

• Absolutely nothing wrong with spiking as a tactic, very valid and only the best players do it. TG should absolutely not change anything about the game to prevent this massive display of skill. I hope to one day be as good as whoever plays the account Zarco and get into top 10 deffers every week :S

You're completely missing the point. I don't care if a noob account does it really, odds on I'll find them as they usually don't do it too far from home.

It's a game breaking problem when the largest alliances with the largest hammers are doing it to everyone else whilst they have no issue due to farming friendly accounts. In no way is that the small challenging the large or the weak challenging the strong. Conversely it's simply the strong getting stronger.