What's in your name?

• Hey here.

Not sure whether similar thread already exists, if yes, poke me and I'll merge it with the existing one. But I recently thought about nicknames. Some choose nicknames by chance (because all other fancier were occupied), others choose it deliberately. But this name (especially forum one) - normally means something.

My name - as many guessed - comes from the song of Era which I really loved ~13 years ago when I started playing Travian. So, I had same name ingame and on forum. That was a name I didn't intend to use for long, but it turned out to be quite a long history.

And the current Discord (and often ingame one) comes from one of my fafourite wild cats - Manul aka Pallas' Cat.
    Normally Manuls in all the zoos look like that: (you see cat anywhere else but the sign? No? Well, that's the plan!).

But recently the one that was born in Novosibirsk zoo and fed by domestic cat was caught on camera when he was playing outside. And it's cutest video ever!

So, what's the story behind your Travian name? Share it.:)

Ameno.png
    When you contact me via PM, please, send your messages in English.

• I chose mine after I was unable to bring my old ICQ nickname over to Xbox Live when the first Xbox came out, due to the limit on the amount of characters.

I was going on a holiday in Spain (no, I didn't leave my wings behind me or drank my worries down a drain* :P ) and I heard two old guys greeting each other from a distance: "¡Hola, Muchacho!" and that kinda stuck with me.

It basically means 'boy' or 'young lad'.

Unfortunately, somebody took it from me with the new Xbox 360 launch so I'm "RealMuchachoNL" there :P

* yes, that was a Counting Crows reference.

• I chose my name as I'm old (and I would say wise), and because when I hit, you will not see it coming.

Slackers Guild Alliance

The Black Company

H

• Nightwish used to be my favorite band when I started playing browser games back in the day. Hence, wishmaster

However, wishmaster was already taken, and I had spent a lot of time thinking about what name I wanted, so I just slapped a 3 on it. Then it carried over to travian and other games.

• my dad used to call me Angel. After he died in a car accident I put all my account names Frozen Angel.

I was once left in a fridge for a bit by my bigger brother when we were both really kids so it also has a reference to that incident xd I was barely 4 and he was 6 and i wanted to get this lasagna leftover from fridge and he became angry that i ate it so he closed the door on me and I was so small to open it from inside - he was behind it. My father saw it and rescued me xd

Is it so far from madness to wisdom?

COLLECTIONS.png

Post was edited 1 time, last by Frozen Angel ().

• Kadonnut means 'disappeared' or 'lost' in Finnish. I first started using it as an away-nick in IRC but eventually I quit changing nicknames there. This happened around 2010-2011 I guess. I'm using the same nickname on pretty much every online platform I am on, and in case the nick is already taken before me, I switch the o to 0 - it has been enough so far. Rarely I've used the German equivalent of the word, 'Verschwunden'.

A bit like building a brand of me around the nickname even though there's nothing 'brandworthy'.

• Over 10 years ago, when I still had that "you're only allowed 30min PC time per day" set by my parents, I used to play RuneScape with a few of my classmates. I was assigned some random generated nickname - I think it was magich700. After a while I could finnaly convince my parents to allow me to "spend money on these silly computer games". Bought a membership for the 1st time and was allowed a namechange. We were doing a Bandos raid and failed to refresh my prayer thing and died. "Man, you really know how to fail spectacularly". And my new nickname was born. Used it everywhere since then, so if you see it anywhere, its probably me :D

As for regarding my picutre - as a kid, we had 2 hamsters at home that were "the thing to have" after some week long school trip. Fell in love with these creatures since then <3

• Once upon the time, when grass was greener and trees were taller, there was an account called Pink Elephant. It was not my very first account but nothing too serious before that. I gave account away on one server, com5 I think, to a guy named Matt, who took good care of it, was top raider and all that jazz, till he got in a hospital, in critical condition, in medically induced coma and I said there will be no more Pink Elephant. Pink Ele stuck in chats though, when got reduced to ELE and someone suggested chameleon for the name. Since then I play under ChamELEon and use ELE for forum and chat.

I heard recently that Matt is well and back in the game. Life is good                                                                                                                                                                                                                           raf,360x360,075,t,fafafa:ca443f4786.jpg

• Predski was my nickname during college days. This was also the time that one of my friends introduced me to play Travian. So no thanks to him, I've become addicted to the game.. hahaha.. :D

• Once upon the time, when grass was greener and trees were taller, there was an account called Pink Elephant. It was not my very first account but nothing too serious before that. I gave account away on one server, com5 I think, to a guy named Matt, who took good care of it, was top raider and all that jazz, till he got in a hospital, in critical condition, in medically induced coma and I said there will be no more Pink Elephant. Pink Ele stuck in chats though, when got reduced to ELE and someone suggested chameleon for the name. Since then I play under ChamELEon and use ELE for forum and chat.

I heard recently that Matt is well and back in the game. Life is good                                                                                                                                                                                                                           raf,360x360,075,t,fafafa:ca443f4786.jpg

Ohh, Matt had a killer anvil account on com5 with Wild. Nice to hear he is doing well.

• I get often asked if my nick 'Samisu' is Japanese. Not quite, but close. Samisu comes from my own name and initials with only one letter changed from the Japanese word スミス - Sumisu, which means Smith.

Community Smith Samisu, at your service ^^^^^^

Been using the nick for years, and that's the long story short.

• Being uncreative and forgetful guy as myself, i tried to think of the easiest name that could be classified as nickname. So considering my name is Marko, MarkokraM was the obvious choice. Sadly my password is bit more complicated so i still have problems with logging in even with this simplified nickname :(

Anglosphere 6 - Lucky Charms