LbtF: Nordics Discord

We are testing a brand new User Interface, a new background and some other small changes on our PTRx3 gameworld! 🎨
📌 PTR is the acronym of Public Test Realm. PTRs are used to test patches before we release them to the public. Unlike standard game worlds, you’re one of the first people testing a new build which can often be unstable or otherwise non-functional. Accessing the PTR and reporting bugs is one of the biggest services you can provide ❤️

➡️ Join now ⬅️

✍️ ➡️ Give your feedback about the new User Interface
✍️ ➡️ Give your feedback about the new Backgrounds

• Is there a need for Nordics Discord server? This server would not be official in any way, but would still offer a place to chat for everyone playing on Nordics servers. If your answer is yes (or no) please comment here and share your wishes and ideas. How would this Discord server look like?

The main purpose of this thread is to find out if we should create a server together, and you can start with these questions:

• Five languages (DK/FI/NO/SE/EN) or just English?
    • Guidelines of the server (we all agree to follow)?
    • What channels would you need (and why)?
    • Only text based or do we need voice channels?
    • Who (you?) would be interested in keeping the server moderated and clean of all insults?
    • What would a good server offer you for you to spend time there?
    • How would the server be connected with Forum?

Let's see if we can start something cool here! Enjoy your weekend!

samisu_sig.png

Post was edited 1 time, last by Samisu ().

• Seems great, ppl are hardly using IRC anymore, know what it is or have even heard about it.

Then to your questions

Five languages (DK/FI/NO/SE/EN) or just English?

- Depends on how many users there are, if enough of each language there should be separate channels in addition to English

Guidelines of the server (we all agree to follow)?
    - We already have community guidelines, no need for new ones? In use currently for IRC?

What channels would you need (and why)?

- At least a channel for each active server..

Only text based or do we need voice channels?

- Voice channels would be great, for those brave souls that wish to speak, not type, but only a limited number of rooms

Who (you?) would be interested in keeping the server moderated and clean of all insults?
    - I can be available to moderate if needed, i where a Operator i IRC (#travian.no & #travian) a few years back.

What would a good server offer you for you to spend time there?

- A good place to find fellow payers, and interesting ppl to speak with on late nights in front of my computer.

How would the server be connected with Forum?
    - Oh, have to be careful here, so the server does not replace the forum, trust me the danger is real.

For those that understands Norwegian;

• Sounds good as long as Sinzey & co. arent in moderating roles.

Yeah, let's not let me "& co" moderate it so we can all share blatant racism on a serverchat with different nationalities!

• Good points so far!

I could see the Discord server inherit much of the guidelines of the forum and the game rules, at least the netiquette:

§6. Netiquette

• § 6.3 The following conduct is strictly forbidden: Abusive, defamatory, sexist, racist or profane language; adverse behavior toward any religion, race, nation, gender, age group, or sexual orientation; real-life threats; impersonating Travian: Legends staff or official positions within the company.
    • § 6.5 Posting and displaying material not suitable for minors is forbidden.

Overly moderated server does not benefit anyone, and in a war game it is normal to see rival players throwing all sorts of comments. I'm sure everyone knows the difference between friendly tease and offensive insults (if you have to think about it, don't say it). I hope we can create a place that doesn't feel like it is limiting people.

Languages: I like the idea that English is the one to start with and also add a place for all the Nordic languages, once we find someone to check on those channels (moderate)

Channels: One of each game server, for duals, random, general... yeah. And the rest will follow depending what is needed if needed. And something for the late night chats!

Connecting with forum: Players are already using other platforms, so this is more about bringing the Nordics community together and creating a place to hang around how I see it. Let's say we are running a nice Nordics Discord server, what would be the ways to move some of that activity to forum? For example by moving important topics to forum, continue long discussions on forum we do not want anyone to miss, or write down good ideas for the game we can develop further together. Tutorials, game tips, speeches after a round is over etc. There will always be a place for forum, and I'm looking for ways to merge these two platforms somehow.

samisu_sig.png

Post was edited 2 times, last by Samisu ().

• There is already Unofficial Travian Discord server, which has active moderators and channels for different domains including nordics.

So what is the point making a new discord server for only nordics?

• I could see the Discord server inherit much of the guidelines of the forum and the game rules, at least the netiquette:

§6. Netiquette

• § 6.3 The following conduct is strictly forbidden: Abusive, defamatory, sexist, racist or profane language; adverse behavior toward any religion, race, nation, gender, age group, or sexual orientation; real-life threats; impersonating Travian: Legends staff or official positions within the company.
    • § 6.5 Posting and displaying material not suitable for minors is forbidden.

I would also include this

• § 6.6 Messages within the game may only be published with the consent of both parties. Publishing messages or emails to or from Travian: Legends staff is forbidden, unless given explicit consent.
  • There is already Unofficial Travian Discord server, which has active moderators and channels for different domains including nordics.

So what is the point making a new discord server for only nordics?

That is the question ^^

The Nordics channel in the UTD is not in active use, and there must be a reason for it. This is why the topic is: Is there a need for Nordics Discord server, and if yes, how would it look like?

Nordics players already have their own smaller channels/communities they find more useful in Skype and in Discord for example. Doesn't mean the UTD is not useful, just that there might not be enough room for all Nordics related topics and it was not created for that purpose.

• I think this sounds like a good idea! It would be a nice place to gather people to start a new server, or something like that. I am currently in 3 different discord servers for Nordics 6, but i would like an "official" Nordics discord to be a gathering place.

minapamina  ;)

Anyway. There are already a few nordic discord servers, one was made for last speed round which had a good amount of people in and I know the fins had one as well.

Would be good to make an unofficial one however, so new ones aren't made every server and everyone knows about it, right now the server from last round is dead, since I don't think many of them are playing this round.

• Dunno about your 'unofficial' discord servers, but, Kalja's discord channel from last speed at peak had smth like 150 different users, which for sure did include 3 same named guys (notkea rotta was it)

What would a good server offer you for you to spend time there?

-Just good enviroment. Scorches and knowledge between players is good to be shared to rise the competition levels overall in game servers. Forum for newcomers is most often a place, where they last seek for answers to their questions.(in my experience) So yea, discord channel with good moderators is pretty welcome addition.

and about the best way to share the discord link <-include it in some ingame spam, thats what people love xD

:bear:Nordics3x1 - Jon Snow @Kalja w/ Cece, Jone, Luupää & Mara first and only WWk sofar :bear:Nordics3x2 - ???? @Kanto?

🇫🇮Fix20smth Untouchable w/ Digggoo -- Fix25 The Corruptor w/ ComeX Phoenix :teu01::teu06::teu07:--Fix26 some idleaccount

Fix27 Tiukka-Esteri w/ Diggo & ComeX :rom02:Nordics5x Pokahonttas @SPANK

🇳🇱3X - Heracles

~AlltidHungrig:hun02::nat08:

• Alright, a week has passed since the start of the new D-server.

A good environment, game knowledge to be shared, higher competition level and good moderators. I think we have a good start!

How many of you would like to see 4 Nordic languages added to the server? Or is there something else you would like to see added?

Looks like we have moderators for Danish Sinzey ? , Norwegian PAO87 ? and Finnish (Nordics forum moderators). Swedish still missing I guess but should be easy to find one?. It will not be an official moderator role in the T:L Nordics team, but such role might open for each language when the need rises here on forum.

What mods do in Discord? They make sure the place stays friendly, and if interesting discussions start - I would be super happy to hear a summary!

• The amount of danish players on discord is very limited since most are still stuck on skype. However, if we really try to get them to make the change to discord, having a danish only room would certainly help.