Nordic languages finding their place

• 10 walls of text that is impossible to understand, impressive

best part is that 10 Finnish players is disliking this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nox14: Lars2pro, Nox15: Kaffetorsk, Nox16: Batman Tore, Nox21: Klovner i Kamp, Nox22: Papillon

• Best part is KFL ppl whining on forum and not saying anything worth of saying still, after server has ended. If you dont have anything to share from last server or anything smart to say then dont say it.

• damn, finns writing speech in finnish, some complain about others(NO;DK,SWE) not posting > < others not posting yet complaining about finns posting in finnish:?: Tanaali does have a point too.

FixAbout20 Untouchable w/ Digggoo, Fix25 The Corruptor @ Phoenix w/ ComeX, Fix26 joku idle tili,

Fix27 Tiukka-Esteri @ deffer w/ Diggo & ComeX Nordics 5x Pokahonttas @ SPANK!

N3x - Jon Snow @ Kalja w/ Cece, Jone, Luupää & Mara first and only WW'k sofar

NL3X - Heracles ~AlltidHungrig

• I tried to make friends with you guys, but hard to be apart of this community when you are to proud writing English. I felt welcome on the Norwegian forum, we all talked the same language but this... its just hard to be apart of something when you guys push us out. Not like the Travian scene is a huge community with lots of players. It's decreasing, we all know that - so why not take a share in making it a better place. What it comes down to for me is the social aspect of the game, and I know it's the case of very many players. Basically what that make me stay and continue playing this game.

Maybe our community manager can fix this with a active discord, but I have my doubts. Our "server" discord last round was filled with toxic, hate and shit/spam posting.

Best part is KFL ppl whining on forum and not saying anything worth of saying still, after server has ended. If you dont have anything to share from last server or anything smart to say then dont say it.

I said it in the rumor thread aswell but, there's a difference between jokes and whining :/ (edited)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nox14: Lars2pro, Nox15: Kaffetorsk, Nox16: Batman Tore, Nox21: Klovner i Kamp, Nox22: Papillon

Post was edited 1 time, last by Samisu ().

• Hi o/

I hope it is fine I moved these comments to a new thread. Makes a good new topic.

Victory speech threads have always been a big part of the Finnish Travian player community. After the merge, the forum is and will be open for all 4 Nordic languages as always, and in English of course.

No one needs to write in English.

About Discord, we decided to open (yesterday) a completely new unofficial Discord server for the Nordics players and it will be well moderated. We have clear rules and guidelines, and zero tolerance for 'toxic, hate and shit/spam posting'. You can find the link and discussion here: LbtF: Nordics Discord

What to do about the forum and all the different languages, I'm sure we can figure something out?

samisu_sig.png

Post was edited 4 times, last by Samisu ().

• I tried to make friends with you guys, but hard to be apart of this community when you are to proud writing English. I felt welcome on the Norwegian forum, we all talked the same language but this... its just hard to be apart of something when you guys push us out. Not like the Travian scene is a huge community with lots of players. It's decreasing, we all know that - so why not take a share in making it a better place. What it comes down to for me is the social aspect of the game, and I know it's the case of very many players. Basically what that make me stay and continue playing this game.

Maybe our community manager can fix this with a active discord, but I have my doubts. Our "server" discord last round was filled with toxic, hate and shit/spam posting.

I said it in the rumor thread aswell but, there's a difference between jokes and whining :/ (edited)

Yea well the fact is that we didnt think that other players would even care when none from other countries didnt even type their experience before Sinzey did. And I know difference between jokes and whining, but you could have wrote like "sadly you guys didnt write it in english so we could understand", but it was more like attack againts tradition of finnish players. And part of the tradition is that you are not enemies anymore and you are more like sharing your own thoughts and experiences of the server and how it went down on your account. So yea saw some horrible sh*t posting that made no sense on discord and on forum by KFL players so I dont think finnish player appreciate the fact that ppl start sh*t posting on only thread that we are serious about. You understand my point of view?

• Traditions change slighty over time...So how about we all just agree on English being the only allowed language on Nordics?

It’s pretty clear that the Finnish community was and still is way more toxic than the other Scandinavian communities...And it is ruining the experience for everyone else. ✌🏼

• Yea well the fact is that we didnt think that other players would even care when none from other countries didnt even type their experience before Sinzey did. And I know difference between jokes and whining, but you could have wrote like "sadly you guys didnt write it in english so we could understand", but it was more like attack againts tradition of finnish players. And part of the tradition is that you are not enemies anymore and you are more like sharing your own thoughts and experiences of the server and how it went down on your account. So yea saw some horrible sh*t posting that made no sense on discord and on forum by KFL players so I dont think finnish player appreciate the fact that ppl start sh*t posting on only thread that we are serious about. You understand my point of view?

No one knows the Finnish tradition except Finnish players and this is a mixed server with 4-Nations, and maybe you believe that after a server its all good and well - but you know, some people hold grudges. Like Kalja & Humbug was already declared enemies with AH at the server start might not be a coincidence. Humbug refusing to attack kalja and saved everything for you guys clearly show some love and affection. I know you are in the discord which where meant for the server last round Tanaali, you can see the same I can. And from what I can see there are more post about why you don't write in English, and why would we care to write speeches our self when all the post are in Finnish. We never "sh*t" posted on this thread, we started a argument why it was in Finnish, and you took offended immediately.

I didn't knew about this sacred Finnish tradition of "victory speeches", and I got to be honest at first this looked promising, hearty posted a really good story and then it just took a U-turn for English posts

This is what I would call a big "slong" competition not a "victory" speech, and dude this post even have 9 likes, 9 of his duals maybe?:/:/ - from the looks of it there are more of them, just written in Finnish. Now it might be wrong for me to drag you under the same comb as Sinzey. But I know for certain I don't want to relate myself with this; on the other hand, making a flex thread I would approve this but its a good damn victory speech thread. Noted not everyone that posted in this thread won, but I got the impression its about writing about the journey like Hearty did.

We Norwegians decided to write our "speeches" on the platform Skype, maybe that can change in the rounds to come and get it over on the forums instead ^^:thumbsup:

Hi o/

About Discord, we decided to open (yesterday) a completely new unofficial Discord server for the Nordics players and it will be well moderated. We have clear rules and guidelines, and zero tolerance for 'toxic, hate and shit/spam posting'. You can find the link and discussion here: LbtF: Nordics Discord

That's nice, been looking forward to something like this. Hopefully there wont be any admin abuse since its moderated by non-staff members:thumbup:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Traditions change slighty over time...So how about we all just agree on English being the only allowed language on Nordics?

It’s pretty clear that the Finnish community was and still is way more toxic than the other Scandinavian communities...And it is ruining the experience for everyone else. ✌🏼

The tradition of ending speeches, I hope that will never end. It is as Tanaali wrote a topic people take seriously. Players visit these ending speech threads in the old (and new) archives starting from the very first ending speech threads way back. How well does it work if you use Google to translate the ending speech thread or threads?

If someone wants to agree keeping everything in English, that's fine. The game though is not in English (unless you play on com or anglo) and I see no point in asking people to give that up here on forum either.

Toxic community, a big nope. Toxic comments can come from all domains, and it is always individual players responsible for those comments. Where, when or how someone ruins experience, you can take that up to your closest moderator, CSR or Community Manager. If on the other hand you are talking about unofficial channels, then our staff is not responsible for cleaning the comments or keeping the mood friendly.

samisu_sig.png

Post was edited 1 time, last by Samisu ().

• That's nice, been looking forward to something like this. Hopefully there wont be any admin abuse since its moderated by non-staff members

Cool, I hope you find the server useful. At least in the beginning, this server will be moderated by experienced moderators who are part of the staff. They all are, me included, still volunteers "on the other side", and Travian Games GmbH is not responsible for anything happening in Nordics Discord.

Let's hope everyone part of the Nordics player community wants to help keep the place nice and friendly.

• It’s pretty clear that the Finnish community was and still is way more toxic than the other Scandinavian communities...And it is ruining the experience for everyone else. ✌🏼

lmao and yet it feels like Finns are the most capable to play this game

• lmao and yet it feels like Finns are the most capable to play this game

what does that have to do with his comment?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• what do that have to do with his comment?

community isn't toxic, you might just be bad and others makes sure you know about it.

of course i write about the subject from my own perspective. i can admit that i have not been in the public channels of this game, though i have been on ally discord channel. but what i read on there, there was not single 'toxic' comment. travian is team game, so if you play bad you will get feedback from it. especially if you play bad because you were lazy or just wanted to take the easiest route. but if that makes Finnish community toxic, so it will be then.

• community isn't toxic, you might just be bad and others makes sure you know about it.

of course i write about the subject from my own perspective. i can admit that i have not been in the public channels of this game, though i have been on ally discord channel. but what i read on there, there was not single 'toxic' comment. travian is team game, so if you play bad you will get feedback from it. especially if you play bad because you were lazy or just wanted to take the easiest route. but if that makes Finnish community toxic, so it will be then.

you just posted a insulting comment on how a player feel the community is treating us, how narrow-minded are you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• wow, i can imagine what your discord server will be like.

I would imagine it will be without you :) you clearly don't want to make friends with no other than the Finns.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• I would imagine it will be without you :)

so let me get this straight;

first you say that the Finnish community is toxic, and after i tell the story from my side, you say that i am not welcome to the community?

you clearly don't want to make friends with no other than the Finns.

and it seems like you do not want to make friends with the Finns

• so let me get this straight;

first you say that the Finnish community is toxic, and after i tell the story from my side, you say that i am not welcome to the community?

and it seems like you do not want to make friends with the Finns

Clearly didn't say that, you asked me how MY discord server would be like - and yeah I have clearly no intention on sending you a invite to it, cuz I dont have one. I'm sure the logic that all players who complain about our behavior must be noobs and bad players make sense if that has always been the culture in .Fin servers. But sure hasn't on .No or to be honest, ever anywhere else, any game.

Said in a earlier post I'm here mostly for the social aspect. And for the record, despite all odds I, I can proudly say I made a Finnish friend last nordicX :thumbsup:.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• you asked me how MY discord server would be like

luckily english is a fun language, and 'you' can mean group of people, too.

wow, i can imagine what your discord server will be like.

and by this i meant your ally. however this is irrelevant part.

if that has always been the culture in .Fin servers

I admit that my point in my original message remained partly unclear. i dont say that there is no toxic people in community, i just say that it is not always toxicity.