Are Finns really the best at Travian?

• Best players come from 32

1. Finland (26) 81%
    2. Nordics (4) 13%
    3. Sweden (1) 3%
    4. Denmark (1) 3%
    5. Norway (0) 0%

Hey,

Do the best players of Travian: Legends in Nordics domain really come from Finland?

This topic was mentioned here: Nordic languages finding their place

Or is it because the Finnish players made the biggest player community before the merge and have multiple strong alliances?

Would Finns win the round if they alone played against players from DK-NO-SE-alliance? How about mixing the alliances?

samisu_sig.png

Post was edited 4 times, last by Samisu ().

• I would say the best of the best individually are from each country, Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark

Finnish community is a lot stronger and bigger than others, as well as being able to criticize eachother in order to become better, something other domains could learn from

Right now, Finns would definitely win vs dk,se and no, it would take some serious gathering of good players from all around the place and a bunch of egos to be dropped in order to play on the same side if dk,se and no wanted to win

• Questionnaire should be changed from "what country is the best" to "by how large margin is finland the best". I dont see any country alone winning finland, even if they tried and finnish alliance would have "what ever players happened to come to the server". Preplanned finns vs. others would be juicy.

• Enemy ops gotten any better on nordic 6 after some coaching?

Yes they have actually :D Allthough the biggest problem is still there, it doesnt matter how good that 1x ops is, if we ops 2-3 times more in the same time with 4-5"x" more sweeps/ops :D

• Yes they have actually :D Allthough the biggest problem is still there, it doesnt matter how good that 1x ops is, if we ops 2-3 times more in the same time with 4-5"x" more sweeps/ops :D

Well thats a step forward at least. Boring server is the worst server, when winning doesnt even feel like winning.

• Nice troll, CM.

It's not a matter of beeing best when there is such a huge gap between players.
    Their community is certainly best, hence why they have way more players than the other scenes.

• Nice troll, CM.

:D:D:D

What do they call someone who "trolls" to make the world a better place?

I know the Nordics community had to take a big jump forward, how to bring all four domains together. I believe we will have lots of good discussions in the future, learning from each other and creating new alliances etc. like shown in this thread and the other thread where this topic came up first.

I knew players have a lot to say after the merge, but for some reason the forum has not been the place where players feel they can comment. Now, finally we are starting to get action here and things look promising.

P.S. please note that the topic is actually questioning if Finns are better :whistling:

samisu_sig.png

Post was edited 3 times, last by Samisu ().

• Questionnaire should be changed from "what country is the best" to "by how large margin is finland the best". I dont see any country alone winning finland, even if they tried and finnish alliance would have "what ever players happened to come to the server". Preplanned finns vs. others would be juicy.

Well tbh it doesnt really matter if you have the best of the best players in the ally, you need some good leaders too to sink the other ships before your ship sinks. And there arent that many actually good leaders who can make for example 1 or 2 whole alliances coalition to work in a proper manner.

• This Qummi guy is currently focusing on his WWE career or whatever u wanna call it..

This pic is from Qummis match against Hulk Hogan: (made by Sute, I'm not gonna take credit for this masterpiece)

ecce32439e0c47e60f8be6208bbbd407

:hero1:

Post was edited 2 times, last by Samisu ().

• Yes, but thats a problem on each and every server. Lack of good leaders.

What makes a good leader, and where are they now?

As Sinzey said earlier, great players come from all countries, but I heard some of them moved to Anglosphere or COM from Nordic domains?

If that is the case, how do we challenge them to come back here and have the toughest Nordics battles ever?

• What makes a good leader, and where are they now?

As Sinzey said earlier, great players come from all countries, but I heard some of them moved to Anglosphere or COM from Nordic domains?

If that is the case, how do we challenge them to come back here and have the toughest Nordics battles ever?

Being a leader is shit loads of work with next to no reward. Quality on comx is just as bad as on nordics, there is just more players, which gives a false view of the situation. One might even argue on average players in finland are better than on comx, as there are more bad players and bots (on comx). Good alliances sure have ok playerbase, but biggest thing is capable leaders. There are only few left in this game, and no new ones coming.

Enable English as a language option on the servers.

Dedication, sleep deprevation and the ability to think about alliance's benefit before your own account at every case. The last one is where usually leaders fail. Of course the understanding of the game and game mechanics in some deeper level helps a lot too

From what I noticed, leading is endeed hard work like minapamina said. It is also: stressing and time consuming, since in the last hand, every action and attack there comes or goes are in your hands. But well, for sure, I can say this too: Leading is easy if you have good organized staff: active off coords and deff coords to take care of those. Good and experienced players whom know the drill and cooperate also help a fucking much. And then you as a leader could focus more on the 'great overview' . But when those from leading staff step lower than you dissaper and u have to somewhat 'work' in every section as leader, mentor, teacher...its scuffed...

In Nordics3x one of the hardest parts might have been finding the common tongue. Some speak only Finnish, some only Swedish (not so many but still) and rest u can message in English. Like for eg. min svensk är mycke bättre nu, bättre än de var som jag var i high school. Also, as leader, wanna go and teach some guys on how to do OP's? Well guess what, in 2019 you have to. And even when you do so, this one player whoms name is not be mentioned sends he's HARD attack 5hours before the rest, and do no fakes. Nice job, rip others hammers too then. At that point, didnt know whether to laugh or cry :D

The reward is every OPs, every deff case that works out good for your ally. Its an epic motivation boost to just keep on going on as leader even tho you know you struggle. In general, one tries to be leader for one server and for the future servers he never ever even considers trying it out again. Why? Well, being left alone and stressed the shit out might be one good reason.

FixAbout20 Untouchable w/ Digggoo, Fix25 The Corruptor @ Phoenix w/ ComeX, Fix26 joku idle tili,

Fix27 Tiukka-Esteri @ deffer w/ Diggo & ComeX Nordics 5x Pokahonttas @ SPANK!

N3x - Jon Snow @ Kalja w/ Cece, Jone, Luupää & Mara first and only WW'k sofar

NL3X - Heracles ~AlltidHungrig