Legends on Tour 2019 Summit - Workshop Minutes

• Discussion of article Legends on Tour 2019 Summit - Workshop Minutes:

It's finally time to share with you the workshop minutes. We worked hard to finalize them, and we are still working on some. We will keep updating the notes on this static page that you can see on the top navigagion menu. Do not forget to check it from time to time! Meanwhile, enjoy reading! Game Design Notes We want to make sure Travian: Legends fits into our players’ time schedules. We want to make it easier to optimize the game, without giving the “one button to play it all”.⬅️…
  • "Also, we want to remove the difference between raiding an alliance member and raiding anyone else. To achieve this, we will expand a limit to how many resources can be raided to all accounts.

According to the participants of the Legends on Tour 2019 Summit this will increase teamwork, as multiple players need to raid a target to maximise bounty."

Sounds like there will not be a top 10 raiders anymore seeing as there will be a limit to resources raided? Or is this "The person who hits the most farms will have the biggest raid potential"

• "Also, we want to remove the difference between raiding an alliance member and raiding anyone else. To achieve this, we will expand a limit to how many resources can be raided to all accounts.

According to the participants of the Legends on Tour 2019 Summit this will increase teamwork, as multiple players need to raid a target to maximise bounty."

Sounds like there will not be a top 10 raiders anymore seeing as there will be a limit to resources raided? Or is this "The person who hits the most farms will have the biggest raid potential

Yeah, this is a really weird change. They also want to help automate farm lists some more but will make it so there is a raiding cap on farms, meaning you will have to constantly change farm lists to make sure you are hitting farms you haven't capped out on.

I don't see any reason to make this change

Sounds like there will not be a top 10 raiders anymore seeing as there will be a limit to resources raided? Or is this "The person who hits the most farms will have the biggest raid potential"

This is part of the hard-coded protections being looked at to minimize the impact to the change in Rule 1.1.

The major concern is "tech" accounts i.e. those that exist largely to act as friendly farms/garages for players and/or alliances. Right now pushing protections are essentially built around limiting resource flow between connected accounts through the alliance/confed, sitting or IP. IP generally targets multi-accounts and under the proposed Rule 1.1 changes still be against the rules. Current pushing protections don't do anything to target friendly farms outside the alliance/confed. The new "pushing" protections are designed to limit the value of those out of alliance tech accounts.

Some techs are in alliances, though I would say generally they are not. This is because within alliances there are some existing protections that limit the resources that can be gained from them. By having the same rules across the board the goal is to limit the value of tech accounts, which can only be done by addressing raid related protections. We already see the current push protections being worked around by using raiding, this is closing the loophole.

The in-game protections will also be simpler when all is said and done, the current connections / protections table is quite messy.

meaning you will have to constantly change farm lists to make sure you are hitting farms you haven't capped out on.

Under the current discussions it is anticipated that this will only happen in the early days of the server on accounts that have maxed our warehouse/granary i.e fresh farms. Otherwise most players should not hit the cap, especially once players hit the point where they can comfortably farm all farms at once and are competing against dozens of other farmers. Unless of course they are friendly farms, but then you hitting the limit is exactly what we want to see happen.

• I have said it before in the Hispanic domain and now I say it here so that others also think about it.

I have read all the notes about the 2019 tour and the ideas, and there is one that worries me more than any other because the repercussions in the game change and is the implementation of catapult trains as a form of automation.

A good offensive player of travian knows how to launch trains not just at the second but accurated on time date as well.

So them with the new changes everyone will be able to send trains with more than 80% of the accuracy is something for me too easy for many players mediocre that do not dream to send this kind of attack even badly, which has been sweat and experience to send trains of many experienced players and even today there are times that some trains leave badly. Even so the idea of facilitating the game is very valid on the part of the developers, only that I would like there to be much more balance and the experience and the skill of the players will not be thrown away

My proposal or suggestion:

So implement that system but there is a way to differentiate in the precision of the trains between a skilled player and a noob one, I would suggest, that the daily missions were restructured and that by the amount of points they give daily missions will also influence the accuracy of trains leaving in 1sec or departing in 2se divided. I explain

could be attacked 3 natars daily, but if the attack comes in the same second (in the form of train, without using the facility that would be implemented) there is a bonus of accuracy, if it arrives at 00:00, 06:00, 12:00 or 18:00 hours server (4 attempts) with just times there is another bonus of accuracy.

could be given many ideas such as those in which the missions could measure the skill or the players' stain so that 80% accuracy was only good players, while those who do not fulfill the missions (eye not the current missions that do not generate any difficulty mid sever onwards) only have 10 or 20%

I don´t remember any server, I don´t remember any account, I don´t even know who i am...

:cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

• So implement that system but there is a way to differentiate in the precision of the trains between a skilled player and a noob one,

Proposed concept of a wave-builder is nothing more than a mirror of specific browser that is needed to send such waves. What skills are you talking about? Ability to play on PC instead of phone? Pretty sure vast majority of players wants to eliminate the difference when possible. Good internet? Still needed. Ability to click fast enough? There are shooting games if you want to compete on that skill. Precision of trains is not effected by this at all, you still need to click on the right second. Some "expect" in another thread advised to cancel and resend if you did not get perfect set. So much for precision ;)

Sending wave is a technique that gives advantage to veteran players against new comers and new players is what the game needs badly. The technique that is easy to master, just need access to the knowledge. If a few more of them learn it before they had enough of disadvantage is good thing.

• Under the current discussions it is anticipated that this will only happen in the early days of the server on accounts that have maxed our warehouse/granary i.e fresh farms. Otherwise most players should not hit the cap, especially once players hit the point where they can comfortably farm all farms at once and are competing against dozens of other farmers. Unless of course they are friendly farms, but then you hitting the limit is exactly what we want to see happen.

This is interesting. I guess it's one of those changes that need to be experienced before a non-biased opinion can be given

• Fresh fat farms are not only early days of a server though. Far from it. It is unwritten gentleman code is most good alliances - if I clear a farm none of my teammate will farm it for a couple of days to let me recover losses AND get profit. Finding and clearing farm is extra effort and lost troops meaning lost training time. Why would I do it if as result I only return cost of killed troops? You will have to coordinate with teammates to take it all out before enemies do. Maybe good thing maybe not. Raider in me does not like the change at all.

• Fresh fat farms are not only early days of a server though. Far from it. It is unwritten gentleman code is most good alliances - if I clear a farm none of my teammate will farm it for a couple of days to let me recover losses AND get profit. Finding and clearing farm is extra effort and lost troops meaning lost training time. Why would I do it if as result I only return cost of killed troops? You will have to coordinate with teammates to take it all out before enemies do. Maybe good thing maybe not. Raider in me does not like the change at all.

Interesting point. Unlikely you're gonna co-ordinate 5 ally members to all send their troops on raid to clear a farm to share losses as well as profits! I'm not a fan of the change either

• Why would I do it if as result I only return cost of killed troops?

Here is a theoretical example:

• You clear a farm and take 1,000 res in losses
    • You can raid 7 days of 10 hours daily production + the 1,000 res you lost
    • Production is 100/hour = 7,000
    • Res that can be raided immediately = 8,000

So there will still be profit :)

• BlackBlade, your example kinda misses the point of it being later in the server (and not even really that late into a server) when it's potentially 10's of thousands if not more in losses to collect more then that in losses.

Like if for example the hard cap is say.... 5k res every day, then after someone has say... 2k defensive army and a 20 wall, it's now never going to be worth raiding them, as your gonna lose more then that 5k to clear them, and not get back enough.

• Its an interesting fix to personal farms for sure. Let's see how it turns out. I guess after early game hitting the cap will never happen on regular farming since most of the quad farm the same farms