Discussion about the LoT 2019 notes

• Notes from the Legends on Tour: https://wbb.forum.travian.com/wcf/index.php?lot2019-notes/

Hi everyone, I thought we could maybe start bit of discussion on here about the possible future changes you can read from these Legends on Tour notes. I strongly encourage everyone to read those note as it gives a lot of hints about the future of the game and what the direction is and give some feedback based on them. Tell what you think, maybe TG will listen and make changes if needed:/

Couple things I personally would like to start with:

https://blog.travian.com/wp-co…Design-Automatization.pdf

Celebration and artwork queue, I guess they are nice for us who have a hard time having timers on and remembering stuff. But the Wave Builder was the one big thing I found out to be just way too good.

When you are manually sending the waves, there is a lot of factors which can go wrong. Attack can hit maybe second or two early or late, you may get snipe gaps between waves and in the worst case, your wave order may mess up for some odd reason and you may find out your hammer will be suddenly landing in 3rd wave even if you sent it first.

With the proposed Wave builder with this balance, you will have to just press one single button to send all waves. Timing one attack compared to waves is significantly easier. So that is an advantage to the Wave Builder. The order of the waves wont mess up with the Wave builder - second advantage. And then you have a 82% chance to success and get all the waves on same second.

If you master the art of sending waves manually, you may start getting towards the 95%+ success rate on getting all 4 waves on the same second. But at the same time you may miss the landing time easier and your order of waves may mess up due to some browser shenanigans I dont understand. I think the Wave Builder in general is a good idea to make ops easier for new players, players with slow PCs and those who play on phone but I think skill should be rewarded a bit more in this case. Maybe lower the chance of getting all waves on the same second towards to the level of an average player? Average player level of balancing could be more like 60% / 20% / 15% / 5% or even 50% / 20% / 20% / 10% (all on same second / 1 wave moved to 2. second / 2 waves / 3 waves on the 2. second) to promote players to learn to send waves manually to get better results. I guess TG wanted to make their own Wave Builder good enough so players would not use the illegal ones but I think if the illegal ones give 100% results, players who want to cheat will use it even with those current balancing numbers.

https://blog.travian.com/wp-co…World-Map-and-Endgame.pdf

The idea of 18c is great. But is it enough? I have suggested couple times earlier the idea of having 18c all around the map but the twist being, they are occupied by natars from the beginning. That would mean you have to either settle a village close to one or push hammer from spawn, possibly fight other players for the location and/or use alliance work to clear the small amount of Natars and then chief the cropper. Maybe as an added bonus you could start building great granaries and warehouses without artis (like WW-villages) due to it being a "magical Natarian village" to make it worth the late start.

With the suggested "they all are located on grey area" it is just race to settlers, survive Natars and then zoo up and defend. Who gets the best RNG, who has the closest location etc, you get there, you survive natars, you win. Then it is just all about defending the location. Maybe both of these could be implemented to promote early game war?

--

I'll add this as bonus as this is more of a suggestion instead of talking about the notes. But it kind of relates to this so..

https://blog.travian.com/wp-co…ame-Design-Tournament.pdf

Egyptians and Huns on the tournament. It will be interesting and I hope Egypt will receive some nerfing after the tournament if not earlier. Playing with the cost of waterworks will not work as the bonus it gives is just absolutely insane and the ROI is too fast. If they want to balance it, they need to start changing the bonus itself. Bonus could be like it will change the 25% oases automatically to 50% ones at level x (so Egypt players could just settle 75% croppers and turn them into 150% -> giving your allies with other tribes the chance to get the better croppers) and putting the bigger focus and benefit for boost villages (25% wood turns to 50% etc). Of course settling 150% croppers with this would not make sense as it would not get any bonuses, but I think the core idea should be more about giving the Egyptians ability to decide their capital location more freely and not have to race to the best 150% croppers and risk your settlers turning back.

Second is the Egypt stone wall considering WW-building. It is too strong with the high WW-deffs. Maybe more like strenght of a gaul wall + roman wall (or something between roman and gaul) deff bonus could work better to give rammers some chance against it.

--

There is my thoughts as a member of the community, feel free to comment my thoughts or talk about the other things shown in these Legends on Tour notes.

• The idea of 18c is great. But is it enough? I have suggested couple times earlier the idea of having 18c all around the map but the twist being, they are occupied by natars from the beginning. That would mean you have to either settle a village close to one or push hammer from spawn, possibly fight other players for the location and/or use alliance work to clear the small amount of Natars and then chief the cropper. Maybe as an added bonus you could start building great granaries and warehouses without artis (like WW-villages) due to it being a "magical Natarian village" to make it worth the late start.

With the suggested "they all are located on grey area" it is just race to settlers, survive Natars and then zoo up and defend. Who gets the best RNG, who has the closest location etc, you get there, you survive natars, you win. Then it is just all about defending the location. Maybe both of these could be implemented to promote early game war?

I agree with the 18c being a good idea etc & it will encourage alot of early game fighting in the grey area.
    However when TG themself writes comments like this :
    "With minus three population-giving resource fields, the Natarian attacks will be harder to tank" i get abit scared how little TG themself know about their own game...

Won't even bother commenting on "wave builder" soon there will be "autotimer" where you just write in what time you want to hit and the game will do it for you if you pay 2 gold.

Also i thought TG really put the nail in the coffin for finals with all the bugs last round but holy, they truly outdid themself here with the amount of stupid ideas.

TT final 2015 - Das Båt (SE)
    TT Qualify RU 2016 - Das Båt (Cerber-DD)
    TT final 2016 - illicit Ping, Pong & PangPang (Def&Dest)
    TT Qualify RU 2017 - Chip&Dale #1 off (CerbeR)
    TT Final 2017 - Chip&Dale (CerbeR)
    TT Qualify RU 2018 - ChipDale #1 pop (CerbeR)
    TT Final 2018 - Chip&Dale (WW BP release) (CerbeR-I)
    SE3 2017 - Krokodil
    Se1 2017-2018 Garbage Bag #1 Def (SKRÄP)
    S6 Anglosphere - Mimer (Bifrost)
    Active -
    TT Qualify RU 2019 - Chip&Dale (PoweR)

• However when TG themself writes comments like this :
    "With minus three population-giving resource fields, the Natarian attacks will be harder to tank" i get abit scared how little TG themself know about their own game...

Oopsie, I guess they just forgot that one simply builds stonemason and losing woodcutter / clay pit / iron mine doesnt matter anymore. :/

• OK this is gonna be a really long one... I will go through the different things and say what i think about them - Sorry about the gramma and such:

If i find the changes to irrelevent i will jump over them or just mention them quick. - For instance i dont play tournament so i dont really care.

Automatization:

Artwork & celebration que:

I think this change is handy - A small change that makes life easier.

Wavebuilder:

I like the idea - I suppose if you want more than 4 waves you still got the problem of your waves being moved around - Now it is just 4 waves being moved instead of 1 but it will be easier to cancel it and set it all up again.

I think that in this category it would be nice if they had made the option to move around all buildings in a villa for 5 gold or something - Would make it nicer to chief if you like your villas layout to be in a certain way.

Farmlist:

I will just put all this under 1: I like it all. Makes it a bit easier and faster to send farmlists and i have been wanting the scout farmlist for a long time as it is a really usable feature in the start of the game! I especially love the "send it all" by 1 click pr farmlist without even opening it. Sending farmlist every 5-10 minuts depending on stage of the server and how much you wanna grind is a nightmare as it is - Makes it a bit less time consuming pr time you send it so i am all for it!

Pushing Prot. changes:

Config changes coming soon:

I dont play slow servers so i can only speak from my experience from 3x servers. This is in my eyes a really pointless change. You cant send ressources aslong as you are under beginner protection. Beginner protection lasts 72 hours on speed and building 200 pop in that time is easy - I dont think it will change that much in that regard. I guess it will stop the most lazy cheater but if you wanna cheat it would be soooo easy. I dont know about bots and stuff but i guess Travian is hoping to stop alot of small accounts popping up and building to 40 pop and then sending all their rs away. I bet you can just make your bot build from a guide to get it to 200 pop instead of 40. Then you got an even better earning boost acc. I suppose you should be a really stupid cheater if you didnt do that already in the first place - My point is why would you go through the hasle of cheating if you do not do it prober?

Alliance Conquering:

I am totally fine with this. Obviously the "No, i wont listen to alliance chiefs" needs to be turned on as a default.

Generel Raiding:

This one could be really really really bad.

"Also, we want to remove the difference between raiding an alliance member and raiding anyone
    else. To achieve this, we will expand a limit to how many resources can be raided to all accounts."

This is not good at all. That change would be really concerning to me.

I get that maybe you can stop some of the friendly farmning cheats from getting more of an advantage from cheating. But it just destroys the raiding for everyone else. Good raiders raid every 15-20 minuts. Great raiders raid every 5-10 minuts.

First up: Travian need to be transparent.

What would the raid limit be? 1 hour production from each villa pr day or 16-20? Is it counted as in pr day, pr hour or pr week? When is the limit reset so you can raid a target again? That is vital information that needs to be put out there. I do not understand why Travian is not transparent about that amount in the text about this possible change. We need to know!

What would it actually change?

It could nurf the top raiders wildly depending on what the limit is gonna be like. It said that it would increase team work. But would it really? Good farms are found relativly quickly. From you find a new farm, clear it, take down residences and then for it to end up on farmlists from other players is not that long. If you can find the farm so can others. Everyone who wants to raid can find a farm - Or steal farms from the ally attack board every time they need new ones. So to get back to the team work bit: if you got a wish to farm you would farm already. This will not increase teamwork - Not even 1% in my honest opinion. This change would just hurt those who choose to use alot of time and effort to get an advantagde by farmning. Why would it ever be a good idea to punish those who work hard?

Vacation Mode:

One of the most pointless changes that have been put into the game. If you are in vacation mode you do not contribute - If you wanna up the team play it should not be there because it is in the best interest of both the account owner that needs a break and his team mates that his account gets developed. The sitter function is there for a reason. And even if it is there you can now as an enemy player stop a player from going into the vac. mode (with a 12 hour window) so if you actually needed to go on vacation where you couldnt play and for some reason didnt want any sitters then you would be screwed anyways so the point of the vacation mode is even less there now than before. The vacation mode should in my opinion just be removed from the game completely.

High Quality Croppers:

A fine change - makes the game a bit less based on luck which is nice.

18c:

I personally just prefer the game as it is in that matter but i get the point that you would want some more fighting in centre for crops. A change that I can live with.

World Wonder placements & construction plans:

I like this change aswell as alot of alliances with newbie leaders shortly after v2-v4 sends out an MM saying that they wanna go for the ww at for instance 100/100 so everyone needs to start building there villages there now. Would help some of the new people to not be as misguided by ally leaders who doesnt really know what they are doing. So in that sence i like it - Other than that i dont really care to much about placements of WW. I like that you get a bonus for having more active construction plans though. Makes it more valuable to get the enemy to move them or steal one.

Oasis changes:

I like this change alot! Less gold needed to spend on salves/cages to settler raid for v2 - Increases the skill lvl for v2.

Tutorials:

A good idea - Needs to be in both text and videos and both text and video links needs to be send out in the start to all players in the beginner igms.

Multihunting Team:

I like this idea alot. I asked someone what it is gonna be like. From what i gathered the team is gonna be part time employed paid workers. That is a huge step in a the right direction. I would love to get that confirmed though and have more information about it when the team is set up. Cheaters are this games greatest downfall and there is alot of them so if this can catch alot more of them that would be fantastic! Do they get more/new tools to catch people in having multi accounts or using TOR/VPN to login to other accounts?

Rule 1.1:

I am very concerned about the removal of the sentence saying you have to play your acc for its own benefit - The number of boost accounts will increase massivly i suspect and that to me is just not a part of the game. Cheating in my book still. But i remember one ukx where 2 accounts openly admitted that they had friendly farms with the only purpose of boosting their acc and they still didnt get banned for it even though i had it in igm so i guess it removes the frustration from Travian not punishing people for breaking the rule but i dont think allowing it instead is the right solution either. I do not myself have any good solutions to change it up though either.

New Tribes:

People have been requesting them alot before they came and now they are here - I dont know much about the new ones as i only play Travian: Legends. But you gotta change up the game somehow sometimes and this is a change that is totally fine by me aslong as the new tribes are not super OP.

Confederacy system:

In my opinion that needs to be implemented on all servers ASAP - There is nothing more annoying than spikers. Why not just implement it now? I do not really understand who is getting hurt by it. I understand that it was put on a comx recently in the mid of the server and i would love to see it everywhere. I know it would really affect my game experience in a positive way and i know that it is the same for alot of other people. Get it in!

Thats it for now.

Those are my thoughts! Hope someone made it all the way down here.