Gendering of game text

• Most of the text in the game uses the masculine gender for heroes, players, etc.

I think it should be changed to either a neutral pronoun "they" or be changed to reflect the player in question. For example, I just sent my hero on an adventure, and my hero is female, yet the game text says "the hero is on his way", which is rather silly. There are not only males who play this game, and not all the characters will be male.

• Most of the text in the game uses the masculine gender for heroes, players, etc.

I think it should be changed to either a neutral pronoun "they" or be changed to reflect the player in question. For example, I just sent my hero on an adventure, and my hero is female, yet the game text says "the hero is on his way", which is rather silly. There are not only males who play this game, and not all the characters will be male.

Who are you to assume the gender of your hero?

RoA x2- Barturen
    Ts19- Barturen
    Ts3- KeithRoss
    RoA x3 com - Nairobi

Hispano.ts3 - Homer Simpson
    gxKQG3S.gif

• There are a lot of wording issues and real mistakes in travian answers. I would be seriously upset if they spend time on gendering heroes before they fix them.

Post was edited 1 time, last by ELE ().

• There are a lot of wording issues and real mistakes in travian answers. I would be seriously upset if they spend time on gendering heroes before they fix them.

That's fair, although I presume there would be different levels of red tape and access to go through to modify travian answers as opposed to certain in-game text, so I'm not sure the two are actually competing from a resource standpoint.

• That's fair, although I presume there would be different levels of red tape and access to go through to modify travian answers as opposed to certain in-game text, so I'm not sure the two are actually competing from a resource standpoint.

In some regards no there would be no overlap. However once you start looking at it from a multi-lingual perspective there would be overlap in needing the same translators reworking text. There is something like 50 languages supported by the game so any change in text on one version creates a lot of additional work.

That said I do see it as something worth while to do over time :)

• In some regards no there would be no overlap. However once you start looking at it from a multi-lingual perspective there would be overlap in needing the same translators reworking text. There is something like 50 languages supported by the game so any change in text on one version creates a lot of additional work.

That said I do see it as something worth while to do over time :)

Yeah, that goes without saying. But gender works differently in many languages, I would predict less changes to be needed in Spanish for example.