Anglosphere Ambassador's Open Forum

• I assume same second you click, as inserting a time when the attacks should happen would be totally BS.

• And what will be the defensive feature to counter this then?

the same feature we all use currently to counter an attack, defence troops.

The wave builder won't guarantee all waves are same second, so it will still be possible to snipe waves, just as it is now.

• I assume same second you click, as inserting a time when the attacks should happen would be totally BS.

Make sence since its TG.

Dont even need to be online to join Ops, you just write in time you want attacks to hit & travian hides the hammer & does every attack perfect for a small fee of 100 gold.

TT final 2015 - Das Båt (SE)
    TT Qualify RU 2016 - Das Båt (Cerber-DD)
    TT final 2016 - illicit Ping, Pong & PangPang (Def&Dest)
    TT Qualify RU 2017 - Chip&Dale #1 off (CerbeR)
    TT Final 2017 - Chip&Dale (CerbeR)
    TT Qualify RU 2018 - ChipDale #1 pop (CerbeR)
    TT Final 2018 - Chip&Dale (WW BP release) (CerbeR-I)
    SE3 2017 - Krokodil
    Se1 2017-2018 Garbage Bag #1 Def (SKRÄP)
    S6 Anglosphere - Mimer (Bifrost)
    Active -
    TT Qualify RU 2019 - Chip&Dale (PoweR)

• There is literally too much to discuss in that spreadsheet but a few that jump out in order.

007. Doesn't this essentially make the storage artifacts useless? Using them is important for WW feeders only unless you're really feeling crazy

009 + 010. Just say you hate early game raiding

017. If a tree falls in a forest, does it make noise?

025. If this is the double TS level, I feel so strongly about it not changing its actually unhealthy.

032. Oh no I love having quads that have 3 150s and others with like 10 (shout out anglo2)

040. Please god no

041. Actually a good idea

053. Would be funny but probably very painful for DCs

056. Is there actually a good reason for the 60 account limit? Other than it will break the bonus system a little.

061. The rep system was hilarious and should be re-added.

061. See point 32

065. The rich get richer?

073. A better time to do this would have been when you introduced the 200x200 map...

088. You could change this rule to say "We're gonna ban everybody who uses a raid list" and I wouldn't worry because Its not enforced anyway.

089. Actually good.

092. Hands off my favorite building.

098. This could be the worst idea on the list, and I say that seriously.

104. The rich get even richer

137-139. I love this but there are far more pressing matters

152. I think this is the most beneficial to the general player base

192. No

210. Bandits are actually kinda fun on the test servers but fundamentally change how accounts have to be built. And inflate the hell out of scores

212. Can I update point 98?

266. Please help the poor roman anvils

All farm list changes. Bad for the great players, awesome for everybody else (which means I'm a fan)

Perfect use of my time before lunch, now I'm gonna go buy a burrito

I've probably played 30 servers at this point

US1 Honeybadger - RIP travian reports and my only decent reports :(

One time member of the UK Hall of fame for def points

Panda - 1,276,029

I blame blazin1 for any actions that may occur during the course of any server

• And what will be the defensive feature to counter this then?

Counter what? The concept of the wave builder that is being discussed is nothing more but mirror of what some browsers allow you to do. This is not just phone players. There are literally no "common" browser (yeap, I fully understand that this is vague definition, but this is what rules say) you can use to send waves. Technically any old version of FF you are using is illegal as it is not a common browser. Opera is arguably modified browser if you set is for waves. All k-melon and such are not "common" browsers as TG sees it. So whatever way you send waves now can be seen as illegal activity and lead to ban.

Loffe can you define what specific skills you are trying to preserve?

Post was edited 1 time, last by ELE ().

• If you eliminate human error, so everyone can do bot-like waves, don't you think it will also make sniping / cutting waves completely obsolete?

No, because of the RNG element. You can then argue that a 82% succes rate for all 4 in the same second is too much but... That's a different question altogether. I might be inclined to think it is... But on the other hand, I probably have a higher succes rate with k-meleon than that.

But then what would be the point for mobile users? That same second click/tap is still going to lag like hell, no? Agreed on it being BS by the way, but we can assume all we want until we hear the specifics...

• 82% is rather decent, but without offline methon it really depends on how late on a specific second you start, though I rarely played offensive so my success rate of uhm.. 5%.. is not a good comparison.

• No, because of the RNG element. You can then argue that a 82% succes rate for all 4 in the same second is too much but... That's a different question altogether. I might be inclined to think it is... But on the other hand, I probably have a higher succes rate with k-meleon than that.

God i love that i can finally blame rng element for me being bad at the game, nothing like the rng dependent games, HS amirite?

-Jimmy (insert lastname), Head manager of Department of changing mysteries.
    FYI does great massage and serves the greatest of drinks.

Some people gets born with unlucky brains.

Jimmy is one of them

• I would certainly LOVE something like that but the Game Center is... wary of doing it. There are often unexpected things that arise that delay the process of bringing an idea from being planned to being implemented. They don't want to give the community expectations and fail to meet them. Without their cooperation putting something like that together would be difficult.

I am sorry, but this is total BS. If probability of the being on schedule is so low that they don't even want to share a sketch of it, something is wrong with the schedule, with plan and with organization.

Forget the planning. Can we have a summary of what TG was working on and achieved last year? There is a team of how many? 30 people? They must produce some things that can be named. The only reason not to do such summary is nothing to report or not enough to report. Of course, they have no obligations to do so, but it would be good publicity.

Community expectation as of now are "they gonna fail again" regardless if TG shows pipeline or now, going deeper in secretive mode not gonna fix this.

• The dev team could give out expectations of what features will be worked on, what the idea behind those features is, etc. If for some reason they cancel something, change something, delay something, they could just describe why that happened. Having this on a per topic thread basis would give them and the community time and space for concentrated feedback on ideas while they're working on them - or preferably before they start working on them.

There's no reason for anyone outside of the company to know their internal time-schedule though. If they feel like giving out specific dates, those should only be the kind they've already finished work on, since not meeting those would be bad publicity :)

• I did not mean exact dates, by "sketch" I meant pretty much what you described in the first paragraph. We are working on such and such, expect to implement it within next 6 months.

Discussion changes with community before TG starts working on them is a dream. It really bugs me how some changes make it into pipeline, removing market from NPC equation, for example. Who asked for that? What purpose is behind it? What pros and cons were considered? etc

• Can Blackblade find out if the new tutorial system and resources found on adventure going to the hero inventory slots as usable items are intended on future Legends rounds dependent on the trial on PtP?

Jonothan Crane wrote:

Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

• Clean up on aisle 5! A friendly reminder that this thread is for constructive and civil discussion of what TG is up to / what we want to see etc. I will ask that off topic and insulting material etc. be removed when it crops up. There are plenty of other communications platforms where insults can be slung and other threads for off topic material.

Going from latest to oldest:

Can Blackblade find out if the new tutorial system and resources found on adventure going to the hero inventory slots as usable items are intended on future Legends rounds dependent on the trial on PtP?

As ELE pointed out Codex Victoria ;) However my understanding is that is the goal yes.

I did not mean exact dates, by "sketch" I meant pretty much what you described in the first paragraph. We are working on such and such, expect to implement it within next 6 months.

Discussion changes with community before TG starts working on them is a dream. It really bugs me how some changes make it into pipeline, removing market from NPC equation, for example. Who asked for that? What purpose is behind it? What pros and cons were considered? etc

Right now they've got the dev team scheduled out until early next year. However any number of things could crop up that changes the schedule. Something could break that demands their attention, something else could be made a greater priority etc. They don't want to make promises they can't keep. The product backlog is full of changes both big and small and there is a limit as to how much they can actually work on implementing at once. If the code was in better shape I'm sure it would be easier but it isn't - though that is something they have been and continue to work to improve. They can't wave a magic wand and fix 15 years of code - even major corporations can't. There is a reason a lot of places use legacy systems - the cost and complexity of updating or building a new system is just too great.

I should also note. The hero res / new contextual help was something presented to us at the summit. Even then they didn't know when it would be ready to implement and that was only 2 months ago. Similar thing with the new UI being tested on PTR. I would much rather they not tell us when to expect something and suddenly see it, than see it and have it not arrive. You are still gripping about the market stuff they showed you last year - that is a great example of why they should be cautious as to what expectations they create.

Hmm you seem to be looking at the pre-trip spreadsheet. I had to go digging for it so I could look up the numbers you marked. As you said it is a LOT but that is what happens when you collect ideas over the course of 2 years. Question though, where did you get the link to the old sheet? I don't have it in my office it seems.

007 "Increase storage capacity by 50% (120k)" - A little bit. Frankly I think the storage Artifacts should be replaced with something else and GG/GS can be built through some other mechanic like a research in the Academy for instance and some other pre-requisite. Part of this idea is based on the 40% increase in resource production that was introduced in 2011. It is also higher than the intended value (100k), as there was an assumption that there would be some negotiation with the Game Center.

009 "Limit Trades to 1:1 during BP" - The idea is to make tech accounts less valuable

010 "Make Axe the base Teuton unit" - The argument is that the club is the superior Tueton unit and that they should have to work more for it.

017 "Increase adventure silver" - Not sure what you mean by your comment but the silver amounts are paltry vs what things actually cost. On its own it might not fix anything but perhaps the reward structure could be changed to increase the silver rate for lower gold players.

025 "Adjust Tournament Square Bonus" - This is meant to do a middle ground between the double bonus and the old bonus. So 20-100 fields = regular bonus, 100+ fields = double bonus sort of thing.

032 "Increase High-Level Cropper Rate" - technically your comment is a seperate issue and is something we talked about during the summit. They are considering changing the map generation to ensure better distribution (possibly completely equal)

040 "Add Troop Forwarding to Classic Servers" - I don't know what to say other than I love forwarding and as a DC would absolutely love it. Gives a D advantage but that can be countered with an O buff.

041 "Add Ability to Send Troops Home from More Than 1 Village at a Time" - :thumbup:

053 "Add Attack List" - This probably needs more explanation. You wouldn't be able to automatically send but it would allow you to make a list of players you need to attack and with what you need to send. It would also show travel time and you could add notes. This could be used for regular attacks, farm clearing etc. You would still need to manually send attacks.

056 "Change Alliance Sizes" - I'm not entirely sure about the original logic, since confeds used to be unlimited as well. However I would guess that it is in part based around the size of a group that can be comfortably manged. Add in the confed limit and it also helps push a quality over quantity element to alliances. I know at the summit some argued for increasing it to 100.

061 "Forum Rep System" - Given the trolls it might be bad... but at the same time some users are obviously toxic and bad for the community. One would hope this would dissuade them but I expect they would just see it as a badge of honor.

062 "Improve Cropper Distribution Balance Between Quads" - Yep

065 "Change Heroes Mansion to have 4 Oasis Slots" - Sure more res!

073 "Change Artifact Spawn for 201x201 Maps" - Agreed

088 "Fix Rule 1.1" - Complicated issue. Looks like automatic system enforcement is coming in some form. No more MH failing to enforce.

089 "Improve Gaul Unique Building" - Aye but rejected for sure right now. They might be willing to consider next year after more time with the 5 tribes.

092 "Remove Trade Office Double Buff" - Well I would replace it with a speed bonus

098 "Add Sitter Right - Send Attack" - Why is that? It would mean that those who can more readily be up / on at odd or business hours don't need to be.

104 "Increase Grey Zone Oasis Bonuses" - Yep but Grey Zone isn't really that good in its present form

137 - "Custom Building Art by Level" - Art department needs something to do, so generally would not negatively impact anything else.

138 - "Improve Tribe Specific Art"

139 - "Create "Fall", "Spring" and "Summer" Art"

152 - "Trade Route Bulk Edit" - Agreed

192 - "Add WW NPC" -I don't think it would be bad. It would change the meta, and with other changes would really change things up. That said i was thinking more along the lines of something where you get X NPCs per day w/o gold to use in the WW.

210 - "Add Bandits" - Score buffing can be altered by how points are tracked. I would take any PvE kills out from the normal points and track them separately.

212 - "Increase Chief Effectiveness (Allow 3 Chief Stack to Fully Chief 100%)" - Probably correct.

266 "Increase Praetorian Speed to 6" - Aye

• 040 "Add Troop Forwarding to Classic Servers" - I don't know what to say other than I love forwarding and as a DC would absolutely love it. Gives a D advantage but that can be countered with an O buff.

This would destroy legends gameplay completly.

Def is already way too op & easy
    Giving it more power would just make attacking pointless if you want to win in the long term.

Yep but Grey Zone isn't really that good in its present form

Mind explaning this?
    Since i don't understand or agree at this topic at all.
    Grey area is great, lots of great croppers close to eachother, the CP lost doesnt even come near to making it not worth it/bad.

TT final 2015 - Das Båt (SE)
    TT Qualify RU 2016 - Das Båt (Cerber-DD)
    TT final 2016 - illicit Ping, Pong & PangPang (Def&Dest)
    TT Qualify RU 2017 - Chip&Dale #1 off (CerbeR)
    TT Final 2017 - Chip&Dale (CerbeR)
    TT Qualify RU 2018 - ChipDale #1 pop (CerbeR)
    TT Final 2018 - Chip&Dale (WW BP release) (CerbeR-I)
    SE3 2017 - Krokodil
    Se1 2017-2018 Garbage Bag #1 Def (SKRÄP)
    S6 Anglosphere - Mimer (Bifrost)
    Active -
    TT Qualify RU 2019 - Chip&Dale (PoweR)

• Disabling NPC without marketplace would be a good start. No point for the "NPC Merchant" to exist without having the marketplace built.

• Disabling NPC without marketplace would be a good start. No point for the "NPC Merchant" to exist without having the marketplace built.

Fully agree. 100%.

Mind explaning this?
    Since i don't understand or agree at this topic at all.
    Grey area is great, lots of great croppers close to eachother, the CP lost doesnt even come near to making it not worth it/bad.

I think it's probably drawn from a utilisation standpoint? Not many people use it so it's seen as unfavourable?

I've had different thoughts to make the grey zone more relevant to the general player [i.e. only having the WW's in the grey zone (I can just imagine the TT carnage and uproar now)] but I could see that being something for a separate thread / topic.

Jonothan Crane wrote:

Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

• I suppose you've never had your villages cropkilled or did it to someone else then.

It wasn't hard to rebuild such damage anyway, just took a little bit of resource distribution management and some extra time. But that makes sense when a village gets CK'd... you'rd supposed to give that person a hard time.

Second of all, it ruined infra buildings management a bit. So now it's quite a bit easier to rush for lv19 fields pre-arti stage, or anytime you need an extra granary in your hammer village, the marketplace gives you just that while still being able to NPC...

Still, the main issue with it is, that noone asked for it and it was nowhere mentioned of potentially being implemented. Could've at least have it as a test on PTR80 to see what people think, befor implementation. It made things that were supposed to be harder to achieve unnecessarily easier.

Post was edited 1 time, last by Wolkenengel ().

• I would disagree. I think overall it is fairly balanced, with Off having the advantage short to medium range and defense having the long range advantage.

I've come across a lot of people who would disagree. The combination of CP loss, Natar BS and being in the middle of absolutely everyone makes it so very few are willing to put up with it. Of those very few who do, most don't do it well. I personally would remove it entirely but instead buffing it seemed to be the idea that carried the day in Munich - hence the handful of 18c cropper that will wind up there eventually. I think the grey is one (of many) elements that push most players/alliances out and reduces the overall action potential of the server.

Originally I was vehemently against this but honestly I really don't think it is that big a deal anymore. My only complaint is the fact that the "main" NPC button is still located within the marketplace.

And naturally all that matters is what you agree with. Some ambassador.

Can you get them to bring back hero names at least?