Discussion about the New Customer Support Tool

We are testing a brand new User Interface, a new background and some other small changes on our PTRx3 gameworld! 🎨
📌 PTR is the acronym of Public Test Realm. PTRs are used to test patches before we release them to the public. Unlike standard game worlds, you’re one of the first people testing a new build which can often be unstable or otherwise non-functional. Accessing the PTR and reporting bugs is one of the biggest services you can provide ❤️

➡️ Join now ⬅️

✍️ ➡️ Give your feedback about the new User Interface
✍️ ➡️ Give your feedback about the new Backgrounds
  • I have a few questions about the new customer support tool, that I didnt get an answer to in the announcement.

Sure the current one is outdated, but it sounds like it’s goong to be more tedious for the users to use the new one?

This new help center, I’m guessing it’s freshdesk due to rumours and the screenshot in the original post. Is that true?

Will it require a login to reach the help center? Will my duals be able to use it? Will I be able to see my previous tickets?

• Hello LemBot.

Thank you for your questions.

The new help center is Freshdesk, that is correct. I think it will be good for both players and staff. It will for sure be some new things to learn, mainly for us in the Travian Team, but we will soon get the hang of it (I hope you will have some patience with us).

The login is automatic, so you do not need a new password or anything like that. You just click the link in game (it is shown automatically if you try to write the traditional way to Multihunter, Support or other addresses in game) and you get to Freshdesk.

Duals can use it as well, the same way as the owner uses it. As far as I know, sitters can not use it though.

You will be able to see your previous tickets, not only from one game or one game world, but from all games. That is if you use the same email address in them.

I hope this answers your questions.

Kind regards,

Stellamini

• As far as I understand it, duals will be able to see previous tickets.

The system does not know that it is a dual logging in. It automatically connects the player from the game with Freshdesk and it only knows that it is that player from in game. By default you only see open or pending tickets. You need to change the filter on the page with your tickets to see all tickets.

• So people are forced to make a new email if they want to dual and don't want them looking at previous tickets? Doesn't go well with the current Veteran Medals.

And does it really know what player it is? Cause my previous experience with freshdesk tells me that everyone with the link to the ticket will be able to see it :/

• Nobody other than the player is going to get the link to the ticket. The link is only sent by email. In game, you get a notification, clicking it will forward you to Freshdesk and the game then forwards the information about who you are based on what account you are logged into (with the exception of sitters).

The URL of a ticket from within Freshdesk is not allowing anyone other than logged in people to see it. The link that is sent by email to the player is different. That link is long in order to be secure and not allow someone else to accidentally find it.

• Something to hide dear Lemon?

Me? Nah, I’m just concerned about the new tool on behalf of the community.

Fun fact, I actually deleted my forum account cause I thought I had found someone mature enough to take over my spot.

Interpret that how you want :)

• The point is that people have a right to privacy and a right to see all private information held on them. Travian has ignored at least two requests for supplying the information held on people - which is a breach of the GDPR.

We have long suspected that Travian MHs use information from previous servers to make decisions. Requests for clarification on this have been met with silence.

Perhaps someone from Travian would like to comment on how someone can obtain all private information held about them and what their internal policy is in relation to such requests.

• Thank you. This thread is still a little ambiguous though. It indicates that yes, duals would be able to see previous tickets including from previous worlds and Lemon asked whether it would be necessary to always use a new email to protect privacy each game (invalidating veteran medals). However I have been told specifically that previous world information is not retained so can we also assume that tickets from previous servers SHOULD be deleted despite us being told they will not? As someone who was banned in the past incorrectly and accused of botting when I did not, I can only imagine that would be prejudicial to a future MH being able to see the discussion with the MH concerned, not to mention that exchange contained very private information about my personal life that is no business of a dual's.

I am not the only person in this situation and know of several people banned for idiotic reasons where the MH was later proven to be in the wrong - but that matters for nothing if a new MH can only see that "XYZ was banned in the past for breaking rules" and can't see the email exchanges with a manager which got the ban lifted.

• As far as I understand it, duals will be able to see previous tickets.

The system does not know that it is a dual logging in. It automatically connects the player from the game with Freshdesk and it only knows that it is that player from in game. By default you only see open or pending tickets. You need to change the filter on the page with your tickets to see all tickets.

To be honest, I think that it is only possible to see ALL previous tickets because of the Avatar system.

If Travian: Legends will still have an account per server, the dual/owner on server A should not see tickets from server B or a previous Server A when clicking through to the FreshDesk portal from the active Server A, as these are all from different accounts. So the dual would only see all tickets from the current server that they're dualling on.

However, if we would switch to one login and then we enter a lobby where we can join servers with a simple mouse click, then anybody with access to that account's lobby will also be able to access ticket information.

I think only Travian: Kingdoms uses both Freshdesk and a dual option, so anybody who plays that can test out what a dual can or cannot see.

Rail Nation uses Freshdesk and single sign on for all servers, but there is no dual option there, so that's a safe option.

I think what Lemonbot meant is there is no need for duals on current account to see history of tickets on account e-mail. A link is enough to work with current ticket, Freshdesk has an option to create public link.

https://support.freshdesk.com/…ket-links-for-easy-access

If TG sets it up like RN and T:K, players won't be able to create public ticket links.
    And there's a 99,9% chance that they will, due to German privacy laws.

• Just make it so the freshdesk account is connected to the ingame account instead of an email...That way all duals have access to the ticket system without violating the GDPR :/

While you’re at it, fix the page so its 100% usable from phone.

• Hi.

If you receive an absolutely ridiculous response from a ticket and it it market as resolved then what is the point of escalation?

Who is monitoring these support staff for complaints to prevent them providing preferential treatment to their buddies?

Are the accountable to anyone?

Thanks

• Just make it so the freshdesk account is connected to the ingame account instead of an email...That way all duals have access to the ticket system without violating the GDPR :/

Like I said:

If Travian: Legends will still have an account per server, the dual/owner on server A should not see tickets from server B or a previous Server A when clicking through to the FreshDesk portal from the active Server A, as these are all from different accounts. So the dual would only see all tickets from the current server that they're dualling on.

Crunchie: Even though crew can mark a ticket as Resolved, you can still Reply and even rate it.

Just like now, the Customer Services Representative will oversee Support volunteers and the Teamleads will oversee the CSRs.