Feedback thread for backgrounds

• Hi,

Here you can post your feedback, such as, do you like the new background images used in DORF1 (resources) and DORF2 (village), and do you have improvement ideas for them?

ridder_huma_sig.png

Members of the Travian Team works on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

• Hi,

DORF1 is ok, what can I say... is more or less the same. No problems until now.

DORF2 makes me wanna give up. I play for 12 years now. Always with Gauls. I know the buildings by heart, their shape and colour. Don't need to "look for it". Just open the village and I know all the buildings.

With these new buildings.... I'm lost. It's like playing for the first time. It's awfull. I loose a lot of time trying to indentify the buildings.

My opinion... I hate it. Blarghhhh

• I personally like the new sprites. It is true that it's a bit hard to identify buildings at first, but within 2 days you'll know what is what. Some are very intuitive like always. I'd like to learn how to draw like that :D

Greydai - Com7
    EvilBrewer - Com29

• - skinnable interface - maybe activated with gold club:),

(additionally - skin theme contest maybe)

(or - at least - 2 interface modes: daily /nightly)

- graphic interface switch between new / classic (T4)

• Dont ruin the game please :) ....leave it as it is its just fine.

New interface is terrible.What is so terrible about it?? Everything.

RO3 - Maximus

Qualification Tournament/2019 - Omu Paiangan

COM2 - Cold Blood

Anglosphere3 - Cold Blood

• I don't like the switch between dorf1 and dorf 2 with a single button and the colors on the report page were bleak. Considering that we played the game for 200+ days, more calm colors should be chosen. but overall the theme is nice.

• HI,

Love it so far.

I only had one kind of bug as you can see at DORF1 :

Appear with some frequency.

Tens dúvidas? Tira-as no nosso Answers: PT-BR Answers

O trabalho dos moderadores é voluntário, pelo que eles podem não estar disponíveis 24 horas por dia.

• The background is too bright. It's actually a bit tiring, maybe if the grass was a bit darker it would be better?

Also Suggestion: any chance the background can change based on how advanced your city gets? maybe making the bridges look better, and add some classy stones the area in center if your pop is after 250 or something

Is it so far from madness to wisdom?

COLLECTIONS.png

• This not only concerns the background. I agree though that it's too bright.

Villagename and village overview are way too large. The used font doesn't read easily. Better use Comic Sans or Verdana; those fonts have the characters closer to each other.

To have a special place on top for the daily tasks seems good; it's a pity you chose to have dorf1 and dorf2 at the same place on top.

As for dorf2 ... why change that? It has 19 places just as the former. I do have a place for everything and for everything a place. And yes .. the same. I don't mind to reconsider te placing of all buildings. Just wondering why you chose to this change and what you think it gains.

What bothers me most doesn't concern whatever change to background or user interface ... it's the way of looking at speed servers. Why is everything multiplied by 3 except warehouse, granary, cranny (and trapper for gauls)? I started late this evening with a production of 144 and a capacity of 800.

A similar thing for the beginner's rewards. On a speed server we do have to focus on warehouse and granary. No rewards are seen for reaching the required levels until other quests are fullfilled.

[align=center][b][img]http://traviankroew.nl/dump/logo-tl.png[/img][/b][/align] [align=center][b][size=8][url='http://wbb.forum.travian.com/thread/465867-forum-richtlijnen/']Forumregels[/url] | [url='http://travian.nl/#spielregeln']Spelregels[/url] [/size][/b] [size=8][b]Travian: Legends support links[/b] Heb je een vraag? Vind het antwoord! Ga naar: [b][url]http://t4.answers.travian.nl/[/url][/b] Crewleden zijn vrijwilligers en werken niet 24 uur per dag, 7 dagen in de week![/size][/align]
  • The background is too bright. It's actually a bit tiring, maybe if the grass was a bit darker it would be better?

Also Suggestion: any chance the background can change based on how advanced your city gets? maybe making the bridges look better, and add some classy stones the area in center if your pop is after 250 or something

What? the older background is brighter…
    I like the second idea though

What bothers me most doesn't concern whatever change to background or user interface ... it's the way of looking at speed servers. Why is everything multiplied by 3 except warehouse, granary, cranny (and trapper for gauls)? I started late this evening with a production of 144 and a capacity of 800.

A similar thing for the beginner's rewards. On a speed server we do have to focus on warehouse and granary. No rewards are seen for reaching the required levels until other quests are fullfilled.

I think the point behind a speed server is, as it's name hints, do things faster. That doesn't mean larger. It means you have to build and train faster and in order to do so, you get the resources faster too. That being said, if you're spending at 3x the speed, there's really no need for having three times as much space in your storage buildings, hence, no need to focus so much on storage either until a later stage. That's my take on it at least.

Greydai - Com7
    EvilBrewer - Com29

• When minimizing my browser one step I can't see the coordinates of my village.

Images

[align=center][b][img]http://traviankroew.nl/dump/logo-tl.png[/img][/b][/align] [align=center][b][size=8][url='http://wbb.forum.travian.com/thread/465867-forum-richtlijnen/']Forumregels[/url] | [url='http://travian.nl/#spielregeln']Spelregels[/url] [/size][/b] [size=8][b]Travian: Legends support links[/b] Heb je een vraag? Vind het antwoord! Ga naar: [b][url]http://t4.answers.travian.nl/[/url][/b] Crewleden zijn vrijwilligers en werken niet 24 uur per dag, 7 dagen in de week![/size][/align]

Post was edited 1 time, last by CoffeeBlack ().

• Just started yesterday so haven't seen much but what I have look at I like. haven't hit any bugs as yet but there is still time for some to show

Only thing I would suggest is that you have spaces for more buildings.

Buildings in my opinion are easy enough to find in the buildings menu so no problems there.

I think it is a definite improvement to the T4 Server

• Not easy to pick things out. Hard to read and find things....and no, it's NOT because I am used to the old display and can't change. With this version

you are saving some process time and load on the server so I suppose you are going to do it in spite of what is said here. This is not a user improvement by

any means.

• It is time Travian employed another artist! Dorf 1 is far too busy especially at the top of the page, having those muddy brown shades ( I am being nice here) just makes it look like various types of mud. As I said before its not only too busy, it's cramped and cluttered.

Dorf2, well the buildings IMHO need to be redrawn, varying shapes and colour need to be used. It's all pretty mundane and lifeless. It's quite simplistic in form and boring to the eye.

Sorry guys you did ask :)

Post was edited 1 time, last by LLUD: Updating and clarification ().

• The strip across the top of the screen is hard to read. By that I mean that the Resource, village buildings, statistics, reports, messages, daily quest etc. is hard to pick out. If a resource becomes filled to capacity a red bar appears but it is hard to see. The numeric totals of resources are also hard to read.

I don't know why you let this version be released even this far. This background is hard to read, hard to pick out items and is certainly considerably LESS user friendly then the previous version.

Come on. Why are you even considering this?