Feedback thread for the new User Interface

We are testing a brand new User Interface, a new background and some other small changes on our PTRx3 gameworld! 🎨
📌 PTR is the acronym of Public Test Realm. PTRs are used to test patches before we release them to the public. Unlike standard game worlds, you’re one of the first people testing a new build which can often be unstable or otherwise non-functional. Accessing the PTR and reporting bugs is one of the biggest services you can provide ❤️

➡️ Join now ⬅️

✍️ ➡️ Give your feedback about the new User Interface
✍️ ➡️ Give your feedback about the new Backgrounds
  • Hey, just a small thing. I think you should cut off the percentage health visible when hovering over the green bar representing your hero's health in the top menu after the first decimal point. No need to know the following 11 decimals to be completely honest with you xD

-Hæim

• Sheesh, this UI design looks like it came from a game in the early 2000's. With the outdated design plus bland colors, the game really seems like it's taken a step back actually in graphics compared to live servers design. Why dorf1 and dorf2 got combined to one icon is baffling to me as well. Whenever in a specific building page (or basically not dorf1 or dorf2), then it adds an unnecessary, second click to get where you want 50% of the time. Good UI design should focus on less clicking... This becomes a bigger issue when on mobile or less than stellar internet speed and you have to load the page twice to get where you want. Building design is was also a weird choice as well. They all seem to look the same.... I would much prefer the bright and almost 'cartoonish' colors since there's so many different things we have to distinguish between as far as buildings go. Hero image is also low res from dorf1 and dorf2 so it's hard on the eyes when on a decent monitor.

I know I'm pretty much bashing everything.... and I really hate that since it seems we're FINALLY getting some new development in that isn't P2W driven, however, almost every single design choice just strikes me as odd...

I would ( and so would everyone I've talked to ) much prefer the development resources spent on a mobile client. This game has been going on strong for 15+ years now. Again... I'm just completely baffled with the no-go decision on a mobile client.. lol

• Suggestions -

- Responsive UI design ( As a quick and easy mobile solution. No reason why the UI can't cascade into a list-like UI, e.g., dorf1 would be split into sections to scroll up or down through resource/warehouse bar, hero image, village list, fields overview )

- Hero icon next to village list to QUICKLY see where hero is

- Keep top bar icons same if you want, and even overall color palette, but change the icon colors to make them pop

- Separate village overview and centre overview again.

- Complete overhaul centre building icons :D (sorry)

- add a 'send all' button for every farm list. I remember FL had no size limits when the were first introduced, so I forget the argument behind the 100 cap but I don't see why there can't be a 'send all' button that replicates the same thing as a person clicking 'send' consecutively on each farm list. Just queue the action and add a timer of some sort between FL's sending if there's a back-end load worry. The wait action can even be client side. I'm sure no one will care if it means 3-10 less clicks :)

• You try to combine graphic parts made by few people which don't match each others. different colors, different styles, different contrasts and saturation. New interface looks just wrong. This game is pure mathematics game and you should keep it simple. Specially for those who open it on small displays.

• P. S. The construction queue (plus feature, playing Gaul) keeps on hanging on "0:00" if i switch the tabs in my browser. When i switch back the queue is persistent with two hanging build jobs, exit is only possible if i click to build another building or field...

Bug report illustrated, played on mobile and tablet...

IMG-20190709-114214.png

rs1,rs3,rs4,rsx / hr1,hr4,hrx / de,us,com,comx - asterix.ns :gau04:, asterix_ns :gau04:, silver.surfer:rom03:, silver_surfer:rom03: :saint:

TG Imperion (posle 2,5 godina testiranja projekat obustavljen) - farscape ;(

Travian v4.x - asterix.ns:gau04:, asterix_ns:gau04: :sleeping:

balkans ts5 2019 - asterix.ns1:gau01::gau04:

• Hello, maybe this has been notified already - when hovering over the resources totals area the buildings are both called warehouse and not warehouse and granary

• Personally I love the new layout but yes I agree with some of the suggestions. One in particular is the Adventures button, they need to have a indicator there again. It does not need to be big just something to show we have an adventure available. Or you could change the button to a bright red or bright green so it is easily seen to signify there is or is not an available adventure. They way it currently is, you have to think to hover over the button to see if there is an adventure or not and most people forget about them. Second, the text on the boxes are just a little too big and bulky in my opinion. It would not hurt to put them at a slightly smaller font. As for bugs, so far I have not seen any but will keep my eyes peeled.

• It took me two days to notice the Daily Quests icon at the top. lol

The hero part needs cleaning up a bit, can't see the adventures. Also the number for reports/messages is lost a bit.

Overall, it seems fine. Just needs a few tweaks.

Livvy - GUA, Mostly Harmless, ChamELEon, Mostly ChamELEon

I cleared my cache and I liked it

• Bug report:

Button "enlarge map" has some annoying side effects...

IMG-20190709-132745.png

P. S. The color-blind interface has a decent look, not to colorful - the main goal for the interface should be good usability and overview, on second place the " nice outfit"...

rs1,rs3,rs4,rsx / hr1,hr4,hrx / de,us,com,comx - asterix.ns :gau04:, asterix_ns :gau04:, silver.surfer:rom03:, silver_surfer:rom03: :saint:

• Bug list:

Quest doesn't apply solved after founding second village...

IMG-20190714-123542.png

• What I do like is the condensed hero circle. However, I miss being able to click on the hero "boot" icon, and instantly be linked to the rally point of the hero. Also, number of adventures is needed so I can see when a new one shows up.

• the layout of the interface in my mind is good its less cluttered but does take some use to getting used to but i would say a brighter colour for the adventure button is require as i find myself constantly unsure if i have any i can do or not and he inner city just seems more dull but at the same time is kind of more realistic for the time this game is technically set in so overall i like this version but few tweaks here and there would be nice