Feedback thread for the new User Interface

We are testing a brand new User Interface, a new background and some other small changes on our PTRx3 gameworld! 🎨
📌 PTR is the acronym of Public Test Realm. PTRs are used to test patches before we release them to the public. Unlike standard game worlds, you’re one of the first people testing a new build which can often be unstable or otherwise non-functional. Accessing the PTR and reporting bugs is one of the biggest services you can provide ❤️

➡️ Join now ⬅️

✍️ ➡️ Give your feedback about the new User Interface
✍️ ➡️ Give your feedback about the new Backgrounds
  • Hi,

In this thread you can post your feedback regarding the new user interface. Do you like it, or do you have any ideas for improvements?

ridder_huma_sig.png

Members of the Travian Team works on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

• We need the Number box near the adventure button again please, a simple color change to know if adventures are available or not is easily missed. A notification like it used to be in the regular servers would be nice.
    In Addition, merging the Village and Outer Village button has its own trouble. For example if im on the map and i want to go inside the village, i need to go to the outer village first, then to the inner village.. Bit unnecessary.

Mazzini, Monday, December 3, 2018 - 4:09 PM

calm , i'm here

• + one more (two :)... interesting ideea(...):

1. possibility to send counter attack on incoming troops with spy

if enough spy troops send - you can see number and type of the incoming...

if less than attackers spy number included in attack... then nothing to see.

2. possibility to send spy troops to reach troops sent to attack or defend,

with order of change / location - target and / or type mode attack / raid...

(maybe task activated with some gold, for more fun... :)

- and the 3rd one...

is understandable why Travian Company maintain his servers on low speed...

but will be more attractive if - at least - some features may be speed up:

- market merchants speed or auctions last up time ...

• The resource/village button are difficult at the beginning, but once you get used to close the window that you open (building order/barracks) it easier. I would expect more changes on the UI for the resources (there is no change) and more for me it would mean a lot if the other buttons (map/reports/etc) would have different colors - for the moment all are in the same color, not very pleasant.

• As a deutan it is close to impossible to differ between the grey and green color telling if adventure is available or not. This has to be changed, or at least consider a colorblind option.

The notification at messages and reports is also easy to miss, not sure if this is a big problem or just me being deutan.

Also the village/fields button should be split up again as it is just annoying as it is right now.

And maybe we dont need to know the hero's health down to 12 decimals... :-)

Post was edited 1 time, last by teehee ().

• There is already a color blind option, in Setting>Account tab.

• As a person who has the habit of clicking fields/vil. Center in the top bar, I find it weird having to click the tiny x at the right top hand just to go back to my previous vil screen.

If I was building troops in my barracks and want to go back to vil. Center, I can't click on the vil. Center icon as it isn't there, instead I have to click the x which is so much smaller and usually neglected.

• I don't mind it but I prefer having the hero information etc in the old style on the left. Am not sure if the village graphics are going to be like on qualification -which I really hate

Although as a roman on PTR they dont seem to bad - teuton on qualification are awful

The star to say the hero has upgraded is also too small as are the report and message notifications - they need to stand out a bit more

Post was edited 2 times, last by GP72 ().

• everything is a bit confusing, but you have to get used to it, in my opinion :)

Birikina - qualifications TT 2017- TT Finals 2017/18

Fleur Delacour - qualifications TT 2018

Furiosa - GODLESS itx 2018 vinto

Les Babettes - TT Finals 2018/19

volpino - WARNING itx 2019 vinto

LeMalefemmene - ALL IN itx 2019 in corso

Masha - qualifications TT 2019 in corso

birikina+style.jpg

• I like the new interface with big news box and the smaller hero icon

just have issue with the all caps titles and the font

Specially the box that is saying the village name. its just Too Big and ugly.

Is it so far from madness to wisdom?

COLLECTIONS.png

• I like the idea of changing the name of the village just by clicking and writing directly

but I find the name box of the village disproportionate and also the change in the font once the name is written

• the resource bar would be better horizontal, in my opinion

Birikina - qualifications TT 2017- TT Finals 2017/18

Fleur Delacour - qualifications TT 2018

Furiosa - GODLESS itx 2018 vinto

Les Babettes - TT Finals 2018/19

volpino - WARNING itx 2019 vinto

LeMalefemmene - ALL IN itx 2019 in corso

Masha - qualifications TT 2019 in corso

birikina+style.jpg

• Hey :)

First of all i want to say thank you. I really hate Games who use the Interface from first Day and never give the Community an Upgrade.

I really love the upper edge!

My only problem is that the buildings all look the same. All have the same roofs, pls change that :D

• Nice solution for daily quests.

The notification buttons on IGM and reports should be bigger or included in the main button, likewise the 3 hero buttons.

Upper menu-bar is quite practical, and the starter quest box had a simple but effective improvement.

The building icons look nice in 3D outfit, but are much different then the previous one.

rs1,rs3,rs4,rsx / hr1,hr4,hrx / de,us,com,comx - asterix.ns :gau04:, asterix_ns :gau04:, silver.surfer:rom03:, silver_surfer:rom03: :saint:

TG Imperion (posle 2,5 godina testiranja projekat obustavljen) - farscape ;(

Travian v4.x - asterix.ns:gau04:, asterix_ns:gau04: :sleeping:

balkans ts5 2019 - asterix.ns1:gau01::gau04:

• Nice solution for daily quests.

The notification buttons on IGM and reports should be bigger or included in the main button, likewise the 3 hero buttons.

Upper menu-bar is quite practical, and the starter quest box had a simple but effective improvement.

The building icons look nice in 3D outfit, but are much different then the previous one.

I hadnt even spotted the daily quests - I just assumed they weren't on the server!

• Hi

Thanks for the upgrade. TG is doing a great work last 5 to 6 months. Many changes where made to make this a more interesting game,but many other could be done.

Talking about the daily quests i think that TG could change the amount of the rewards or even change the rewards,every time the alliance bonus amount change... this would help more the players that use few gold...

For players that use gold daily quests are only interesting in the begining,but as the server goes on,the ratio cost/reward is very expensive...

Other problem is that when all the alliance bonus is fullfil we have no more chances to make the 100 points task because you cant donate no longer...maybe here when that happens the donate task could be auto done...

About the server i think is 2 soon to check for bugs,and for now i didnt notice any.

Have fun

Cya

• Suggestion: Divide the city/fields button in 1/2, so it can be used instantly for view switch - this would solve the previous described problem after using the map...

P. S. The construction queue (plus feature, playing Gaul) keeps on hanging on "0:00" if i switch the tabs in my browser. When i switch back the queue is persistent with two hanging build jobs, exit is only possible if i click to build another building or field...

rs1,rs3,rs4,rsx / hr1,hr4,hrx / de,us,com,comx - asterix.ns :gau04:, asterix_ns :gau04:, silver.surfer:rom03:, silver_surfer:rom03: :saint:

TG Imperion (posle 2,5 godina testiranja projekat obustavljen) - farscape ;(

Travian v4.x - asterix.ns:gau04:, asterix_ns:gau04: :sleeping:

balkans ts5 2019 - asterix.ns1:gau01::gau04:

Post was edited 2 times, last by asterix.ns ().