Q&A - Discussion thread

"""18c

We introduce 18c which will be placed ONLY in the grey zone. Around 4 – 7 will spawn there and it
    will be up to the strongest players to conquer them.
    With minus three population-giving resource fields, the Natarian attacks will be harder to tank."""

Will Birthday servers have have 18C's too?

Or just normal servers...?

Credit: https://wbb.forum.travian.com/wcf/index.php?lot2019-notes/

Odin

Heathens Alliance

.COM Birthday Servers
    Also known as: poxtops, Lady Killer, Basher, NoName
    Previous alliances: Exile, TM, Fools

• whats the max level of the building?

The max level is 20, below is the table for the Hospital:

hospital-balancingvalues-Excel.png

Does that mean all villages will be slightly boosted? On regular servers we start a village with level 0 fields.

Yes, the fourth village and further will start with level 1 fields. I will return to your second Q. when I have an answer for that.

Is the 10% loss of wounded a gradual thing over 24 hours or is it at 24 hours from time of battle 10% suddenly die?

They die over time.

ridder_huma_sig.png

Members of the Travian Team works on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

• Onboarding New Players

A bit deflating if this is the third new feature, was expecting something a bit more exciting.

Livvy - GUA, Mostly Harmless, ChamELEon, Mostly ChamELEon, HarmlessPenguin

I cleared my cache and I liked it

• I’m not sure how onboarding new players and advanced/boosted start are considered new features...

We have had boosted start on Annual Special servers a couple years ago already...

And the whole onboarding new players should be something that should get added to the PTR instead of an annual special server...I doubt a whole lot of new players play on the annual special servers.

• Capital hammers on Pandora type servers are not that common. Of course, hammer villages and defense villages with high troops capacity never have enough granary space but it is manageable and makes game more interesting, imho.

As for merge - this feature offsets it, I think. People who don't use (much) gold for merge will be able to cover the gap with gold whales.

it is not a gap between common players and gold whales, it's a black hole that works async, it vacuums more regular players than gold whales, never to return again. some inovations where applied in regular worlds, that is why am I writing this. once upon a time it was possible to have a private life and play travian. if they want to speed up a game, than it would be fair to say it so that we can start searhing other similar games. otherwise, please read this and reconsider your latest changes that slowly transform standard servers into speed servers. when I started to play this game, single server (rs1) had more players then all servers together in balkan domain have right now. I think that this fact speaks for itself.

Conan, Magneto ba4
    zla jabučica rs1

• So, basically, you added only the hospital and trying to convince us that it is 3 different "totally" new features? good job. I am buying it...(not).

Hospital doesn't seem the most ingenious building, yet it will be good to throw in one in the hammer villas which is a great inbalance for average joes or no golders against gold whalers! Now, they can merge the shittons of units then get 40% healed... If you're trying to convince me that it will help anvils just as much then that's absurd...most anvils aren't pushed from 1 villa (or your defence's power will never match taht of a hammer...especially late game). So unless you waste a spot out of your 19 for a hospital in each def villa to just match up the 1 hospital in the hammer villa, you're facing some balance there?!!

Fast start ain't that new...I guess, it's a good way to make people throw in the gold resso boosts earlier than they do usually.

Onboarding new players? Ok, new players: this is T R A V I A N. It's a G A M E. Unless you're giving people technical advices and strategies (which they learn either hard way or by digging in forums) I doubt that's of any help than the guides that one can find by 2 clicks on google.

New mechanics -_- That's the same page of "ptp vs legends" only edited the name and the buildings section!!! Literally (with accurate usage of the word).

I understand that the game offers those who spend more of an advantage, but it's getting absurdly dollar coinage oriented. At least, this stuff will only happen in special edition servers--I hope.

#boycott troop mergering in normal server whenever the idea ever surfaces.

PS: Don't forget to actually make it 801x801 this time. The nearly over ptpx2 was a mockery and an insult to the dev's skill on every single level.

-rider huma, thx for the info. You're just the messenger, so I am not holding you responsible for anything :D

• Change the arty & pop% mechanics interaction.

Return the physical presence or the arty village(artefact non movable,stays in the village)

Regions pop% for VP,Arty's for their usual purpose

Arty village is chiefable but cannot be zeroed(the appropriate 10/20 arty TC always remains)

hospital lets see yes but introduce it with its own space not take away a space.

• I don't see where anyone has asked about expansion slots. Does the Spawn village come with a Level 20 Residence... so that I can actually USE those 6 settlers on day 1?

• You only need the residence level 10 or 20 to make them. If someone shoots it down but you still have the settlers you can still use them without the residence.

• The comparison chart has the text "It needs to be activated manually every 24 hours; the same ancient power can be activated once for each alliance member." describing Ancient Powers on Victoria. This seems a little different than Path to Pandora. I think I could activate the same artifact in 3, 4 or 5 villages on the same account at the same time on the special last year.

What exactly does "It needs to be activated manually every 24 hours; the same ancient power can be activated once for each alliance member" really mean? Do I have to capture TWO Small Boots on my 60 account alliance before I can have two villages on my account both running 2x speed simultaneously?

• What exactly does "It needs to be activated manually every 24 hours; the same ancient power can be activated once for each alliance member" really mean? Do I have to capture TWO Small Boots on my 60 account alliance before I can have two villages on my account both running 2x speed simultaneously?

This is how I remember it from Fire&Sand (I didn't play PtP), you had to capture multiple of the same artifact to activate it multiple times on the same account. (and of course pay gold to activate more than 1 artifact per day ;()

• it is not a gap between common players and gold whales, it's a black hole that works async, it vacuums more regular players than gold whales, never to return again. some inovations where applied in regular worlds, that is why am I writing this. once upon a time it was possible to have a private life and play travian. if they want to speed up a game, than it would be fair to say it so that we can start searhing other similar games. otherwise, please read this and reconsider your latest changes that slowly transform standard servers into speed servers. when I started to play this game, single server (rs1) had more players then all servers together in balkan domain have right now. I think that this fact speaks for itself.

Well, you said merge and gold and I commented about merge and gold. You are putting it in one paragraph again so it is a bit hard to see your point.

I see it slightly different, speeding up the game does not bother me, maybe because I have not played alone for ages. The fact that many changes are directed to make a player bigger, bigger and even bigger does. There is probably a number of people for whom bigger hammer etc are the goal of the game, but definitely not all and not majority around me.

Regarding hospital: the argument is the option to heal wounded will make people willing to attack more and make the game intense. I don't see where resources for it will come from. IMHO, TG on one hand commits to fight against multies/teches and on another push people to find more resources somewhere somehow. Given that vast majority are experienced players there are not many options to get resources by improving your own game.

• Gold transfer Inbound
    Possible from COM
    Gold transfer Outbound
    Possible to all Domains

Last year we had transfer possible from any domain. We played anglosphere last year and many have gold left on PtP of that domain meaning a move to any other domain may be a bit complicated. I am sure there are more alliances in the same position. Can you please reconsider and allow gold transfer to beta from other domains like last year or at least from PtP servers of every domain?

Thanks.

• Last year we had transfer possible from any domain. We played anglosphere last year and many have gold left on PtP of that domain meaning a move to any other domain may be a bit complicated. I am sure there are more alliances in the same position. Can you please reconsider and allow gold transfer to beta from other domains like last year or at least from PtP servers of every domain?

Thanks.

The closed beta for Path to Pandora has the same inbound and outbound regarding the gold transfers as this year closed beta.

ridder_huma_sig.png

Members of the Travian Team works on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

• The real question should be, will any of these changes get the server to finally last longer than 100 days ? Or will the boosted start even further help to lower the time required to decide the victor.

• Does that mean all villages will be slightly boosted? On regular servers we start a village with level 0 fields.

75% of what exactly? The best way to clarify this will be to give the numbers - what CP will be given at the start and what will be needed for vil

i need more informasion about the first vilage there is a palace there or what ??/ level ?? what hapend if you loose 3settlers or one vilage from this you make from there you can make again settlers ??? you can make only settlers or and senator from the first ??? FOR ME all this are very very important much more than the rest new thinks