Bug In The Last OP

• Hello everyone,

This post is in concern with last night OP conducted by Vices on Ten/LL/Sgr
    The plan was to steal UT and in which we were pretty much successful if it wasn't for a strange bug that happened

Let us first drive u all through the scenario of the attack which was well thoroughly disguised by fakes and excellent plan

The plan was to steal UT (TD=Tasmanian Devil)
    TD was to steal it but TD cannot as they already hold a LB artefact so (and we cannot have two account wide artefact)
    So devised plan was to switch the artefacts i.e. we attack UT at the very last moment someone from our alliance conquers Our LB and we steal UT and we did that as per planned below is the report of it -

Attack on LB https://tinyurl.com/y5atndoh - At 02:50:37
    But then this happened -
    Attack on UT https://tinyurl.com/yxmg9pwh - At 03:00:02
    Attack on LS https://tinyurl.com/y6aprasf - At 03:00:03

Looking at the above reports u can understand that the hits were exactly a second apart and we didn't had any account wide arti while hitting UT still we got a message that we are already holding a large artefact

So if we talk about the cost :

1.Planners have wasted their time devising the plan
    2.Co-ordinators have wasted the time contacting players whether they were ready for the plan(tbh the plan was to attack day before and already delayed)
    3.Players from our alliance wasted their time for nothing
    4. Account wise we lost LB and the raid income
    5. Alliance wise UT and we hope everyone here knows the importance with still 100days more left in the server(Shhh now are we talking that the defence or offense we could have produced if we had held it blimey 100days rotated with the current rotation policies of our alliance) We say we would have been above par .
    6. Many peoples are talking about Deletion now bcoz of this bug

To the opponents we would like say we aren't blabbering here its, just think that if you were to face the axe of our situation that too because of game screwed/bug up. What would you have done..?

Issue has been reported
    We are just asking as fair compensation if Admins can arrange a roll back
    Or make the UT spawn again that too NW quad as we deserve fair chance then let's hope we conquer
    Ameno   playingwithfire   Ridder Huma  

Warm Regards

On behalf of our lovely Vices Family

Team TD
    P.s- I didn't knew if it was an actual bug so haven't posted in bug report thread

Post was edited 2 times, last by Dominic_AU: fixed links ().

• This is a literal server changing issue and it should not be taken lightly. I would hope TG would right this situation.

Hundreds of players are dedicating their time (and money) on a game that is decided on crucial seconds. If seconds stop mattering, there is not much point to keep playing.

• This is a literal server changing issue and it should not be taken lightly. I would hope TG would right this situation.

Nope. Just clean yours cache and cookie-file.

TG know about this bug many years and do nothing, dont worry and clean yours cache and cookie-file as support say.

dn
    время время время..

ЧЕ:dojik, Hamster;
    ЧМ1:Singing Heart, MightyRU; ЧМ2:Femme Fatale, ситтер на lspci, MightyRU; ЧМ3:после артов KukuYOPTA, CerbeR; ЧМ4:Ternura, ситтер на Ruk, CerbeR; ЧМ5: Caprice, CerbeR; ЧМ6: Lontra, CerbeR, ситтер на Mors; ЧМ7: zmey_gorynych, CerbeR, ситтер на UNI;

the end

• It's a bad situation and checking everything you should've just got it.

Pretty weird.

But they're not going to do a rollback for that one bug, there has to happen a lot more for that to happen as I noticed in the past.

And respawning an arte? That makes it worse no matter who gets it after that.

• It's a bad situation and checking everything you should've just got it.

Pretty weird.

I guess the Only Simple way to make it right is for the admins to change it and make the server behave like we got that arty n no one should complain about it but i know that's not going to happen

But they're not going to do a rollback for that one bug, there has to happen a lot more for that to happen as I noticed in the past.

And respawning an arte? That makes it worse no matter who gets it after that.

and yes I know the roll backs are not that easy it creates more problems then it actually solves hence we are asking about respawning it in nw quad it's much easier and everyone will have a fair chance ...

• Ahahaha talking about deletion because VICES doesn't have the UT? ROFLMAO

Nice OP, sucks for you but UT isn't game changing. Hope Trav fixes the issue, but this Trav.

WILD: Always Ready, Already Loyal, Always WILD!

"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"

• My condolences :( , Its unlikely TG will interfere though - You'll just have to go at it again.

Seeing the minimal amounts of resistance you hit. I expect you will have more success!

• Oh yeah, trainers are totally not game changing, especially not UT, one of two 50% trainers in the entire SuperMeta, who do you think you're fooling with that one?

The UA is game changing, Trav should have changed it to x4. UA significantly blunts hammers, even UT built hammers.

Again sucks for you but deletion? Like who you fooling with the theatrics?

WILD: Always Ready, Already Loyal, Always WILD!

"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"

• Dominic_AU , my sympathies.

Roll back would not help you, they don’t have back up every second. If rolled back ( which will not happen), the server restart would be day/two/who_knows_what before your op.

Clear explanation when attack outcome is calculated would be nice though.

Post was edited 1 time, last by ELE ().

• No fools, no village artefacts on the account, no artefacts at all after passing LB. Nothing.

Aight.

So, it is very unfortunate what happened, and of course frustration and anger is understandable. You could call it a bug I guess, though it is more down to how the server handles battle calculations/technological limitations.

Of course this is not an official explanation, but I will give an explanation based on my own experiences and understanding of how the game runs.

Battle calculations don't happen instantly. It takes time for the server to process the battle. There really isn't any way to make it happen instantaneously. Now, you might then ask, how come we can do 1-second sniping? Or have waves land in the right order? Or have two hammers land same second, and still be sure that the first one launched will hit first?

To answer this, calculations are done in order - so the attacks are queued up and carried out in the order they land. I am fairly certain that this is done per village though, and not server-wide. Server-wide, the server processes many events at the same time (i.e. multithreading/multiprocessing).

So, what happened is that with the slight delay that is basically inevitable, the calculation of the attack on UT wasn't carried out until 03:00:03, and since many calculations are carried out simultaniously across the server, the battle calculation of the LS chiefing was done at the same time. So the calculation of the UT attack was done with LS on the account.

So basically, if the LS chiefing had been sent just a second or two later, it wouldn't have been a problem (unless the server had a major hiccup).

On an unrelated note, it seems incredibly careless from TEN that this is the only thing that prevented you from getting the UT - moving an account wide artefact a short while before the attack lands is one of the oldest tricks in the book.

Edit: to be clear, there is most likely no way to "fix" this. The game wouldn't be able to run if all events were carried out by a single thread, there'd be a permanent event jam.

• Sorry for the situation, I dont know what is the best solution (if there is a best one at all).

I think it was a fake on LS and chief was sent to fool in case of eye check? If that is the case and chiefed it accidentally (due to no defense, no residence and zero loyalty) which in turn messed up the UT steal it is the unluckiest thing I have ever seen.

Noel, 8:13 PM

She breaks my heart, I break their armies

• So... ethical question: should TEN gift the UT to Vices, given it was a strange glitch on TG's part, and we all know it would've been a successful capture otherwise, or do they accept results as is, chalking it up to the same arguments as a bad call in sports: "it's all part of the game"? If situation was reversed, what would people argue?

..And that is the Final Word.

Post was edited 1 time, last by Final Word ().

• So... ethical question: should TEN gift the UT to Vices, given it was a strange glitch on TG's part, and we all know it would've been a successful capture othrwise, or do they accept results as is, chalking it up to the same arguments as a bad call in sports: "it's all part of the game"? If situation was reversed, what would people argue?

I think that would be the right thing to do. However, it is been quite a while since all kinds of ethical lines have been crossed in so many level.

Noel, 8:13 PM

She breaks my heart, I break their armies

• I understand that there may be technical difficulties. The way to fix it is to put out clear explanation of how it works and players will adjust accordingly. Please, if you (TG) don’t know what exactly the code does, don’t post your guess, you did it with plans spawns and it did not end up well.

Post was edited 1 time, last by ELE ().

• I understand that there may be technical difficulties. The they to fix it is to put out clear explanation of how it works and players will adjust accordingly. Please, if you (TG) don’t know what exactly the code does, don’t post your guess, you did it with plans spawns and it did not end up well.

We will find out more on monday I think, when TG employees are back in the office and they can give a clear explanation. I'll post any communication between me and TG in this thread for clarity.

• I think it was a fake on LS and chief was sent to fool in case of eye check? If that is the case and chiefed it accidentally (due to no defense, no residence and zero loyalty) which in turn messed up the UT steal it is the unluckiest thing I have ever seen.

Yes, fake chiefing in case of an eye check, but we did send 500 clubs to clear the 200 paladins that were parked to protect the village. We were trying to sneaky steal the LS, just didn't realize that it would screw up our UT take (I mean, who would account for an unexpected ?feature/bug? ...)

• So... ethical question: should TEN gift the UT to Vices, given it was a strange glitch on TG's part, and we all know it would've been a successful capture otherwise, or do they accept results as is, chalking it up to the same arguments as a bad call in sports: "it's all part of the game"? If situation was reversed, what would people argue?

Yep.

Tell us when and where to send the hero, thank you very much.