Travian: Codex Victoria - Report issues

• i have loads of res , but wont let me build troops or use gold exchange , or build anything , only in my first village , im losing time and res here and support wont help , 2nd and 3rd village works fine , all this happend when i tried to use res exchange on cata

• in thread about server is this sentence "The first 2 village you will settle will automatically have all resource fields at level 5 (further villages will have resource fields at level 1)" But our fourth village doesnt have resource fields at level 1.

• So let's see if i've understood this right. What you are saying is that some of us are getting the 500cp reward and some of us are not? I'm done with all of the tasks that have been available to me. The ones that have not appeared yet, that i know of compared to my team mates are the granary and warehouse to lvl 3. Is this supposed to be like this as well?

Yes I understood what you mean, and this is the result of a change in the latest patch. It won't happen in the official gameworlds.

• in thread about server is this sentence "The first 2 village you will settle will automatically have all resource fields at level 5 (further villages will have resource fields at level 1)" But our fourth village doesnt have resource fields at level 1.

Your 4th village has resource fields at level 5?
    Ahhh I get what you mean ... yeah ... wrong sentence, it should be level 0

• Yes I understood what you mean, and this is the result of a change in the latest patch. It won't happen in the official gameworlds.

So is there a way to let the first beta tester know the actual task list?

s19 PTP it 1x 2018 - GreyFox (OLYMPO) - vinto :egy06:

s20 PTP it 2x 2019 - GreyFox (ZugZwang) - vinto:egy01:

s15 CV hispano 2019 - GreyFox (ZUG) - in corso :egy11:

• *IMPORTANT*
    We are trying to follow up all bug reports, but it's almost impossible to check things when you do not put full screenshot including all the information, and no info about the ingame nickname.
    These 2 information are very needed as we cannot really check stuff when we do not have an example to see logs :)

Thanks

• i have loads of res , but wont let me build troops or use gold exchange , or build anything , only in my first village , im losing time and res here and support wont help , 2nd and 3rd village works fine , all this happend when i tried to use res exchange on cata

Sorry but I do not understand the issue here.
    Could you explain it step by step and provide your ingame nickname?
    Thanks

• What tasks? Did you change anything else?

I hate to say that, but you asked us to test your beta with our own money. Normally I am a minority who does not mind that. I find exploring new things fun, I believe early access to information worth my time and money and don't mind paying for my entertainment. You are really pushing the limit with this server though. It is still competition and given nature of new features of the server settling strategy is main thing people came to this server. Not much testing of hospitals will happen before main round starts.

It is not just that people are moving through different sets of quests. Some have them twice, some can never get to residence and you are not bothered with it enough to even inform us about changes. The topic with known issues was started on the first day and has not been updated since. Nothing is being explained or acknowledged even. The story is sad beyond usual.

We provided 100 Gold for free at the beginning to test the basic feature, but you do not need Gold to play/test the game, it is your free choice to buy gold here.
    The closed beta is a test server, which comes with all the downs of a test environment. There is always also the possibility that we need to restart the server to test something (for example).

The task list was not public because of many reason:
    1 - we went live with a non final version
    2 - we wanted to check which were the blocker (and if we give you a list to follow we can't test that)
    3 - it is correct that some quest appeare twice we already mentioned this.
    4 - we already worked on many bug mentioned and some have been fixed already

• We provided 100 Gold for free at the beginning to test the basic feature, but you do not need Gold to play/test the game, it is your free choice to buy gold here.
    The closed beta is a test server, which comes with all the downs of a test environment. There is always also the possibility that we need to restart the server to test something (for example).

I agree with you, it is free choice. This is why, as said above, I usually don't mind spending gold or or don't spend when I do. You want us to play with gold though because this is how we play a normal server and server should be tested as close to real as possible.

Not like running beta with free gold is something unusual, I played closed beta of Arkheim (not something from another universe, a new game made by the same company). We did not know how to spend sapphires we got from surveys.

And this is not beta. The bugs we see belong to alpha test or even under it. If TG QA started the game in regular browser only once they will see the contextual help window, they would see all annoying %&%$# where text suppose to be etc. If only TG QA settled 2 villages they would see that new settled villages don't produce as expected. You told us last year in Munich you ran of 5000 test before you release something. How come these basic tasks are not on the list?

Another example is just above. I asked before server started if fields are actually l1 and got confirmation. ( Ridder Huma I understand this is the answer you were given, not blaming you) This means that no one who actually knows the changes read your announcement properly and no one who is responsible for announcement went and check with them even after the question was asked.

The task list was not public because of many reason:
    1 - we went live with a non final version

Why? And why you did not tell us? I told above and I am pretty sure this is common, that the "reward" I expected from the server is to have a draft of effective settling strategy and now you are telling me my expectations were way too optimistic and I will go into main server, which by the way I have only one chance to play i.e. there will be no option to correct next time, without any new knowledge?

2 - we wanted to check which were the blocker (and if we give you a list to follow we can't test that)

Seriously? You need to run a server to understand that a task that cost 26.5K should not be followed by reward of 570? You need to run a server to figure out how many resources and time (no gold, remember) are needed to complete all l7 fields? You need to run a server to guess that l3 WH reward should pop up before l7? If you can't do it yourself you have the group from this year LoT. I have no doubt they could tell you this in minutes. Hell, you could have picked random accounts from random servers and ask them. You have a month or so before the start of main round and this is the month of August with all vacation time attached to it. The amount of work that to be done on starting quests is more than already completed. I will not make any conclusion.

3 - it is correct that some quest appear twice we already mentioned this.

I did not mean that tasks repeat themselves for spawn and new village. I meant people got the same task in the same line more than once and got rewards for it more than once.

4 - we already worked on many bug mentioned and some have been fixed already

Great. Can we have an update? or is this also "free choice" to test without updates?

We are trying to follow up all bug reports, but it's almost impossible to check things when you do not put full screenshot including all the information, and no info about the ingame nickname.

It is not obvious how to report bugs in game now. It would help if it was. In-game message about new support system with simple instructions will improve reporting a lot.

Post was edited 3 times, last by ELE ().

• It is not obvious how to report bugs in game now. It would help if it was. In-message about new support system with simple instructions will improve reporting a lot.

I am talking about the reports that we requested in this thread.

• the hospital bug allows building for free but there is no timers for buildings they just finish when they feel like it

https://gyazo.com/98eb7fa0fec56d3b8f961b0da3c6cf35

there is this error coming up like every 2 refresh and if refresh after adding to que it doest take res and they go for training
    the down side is you cant feed em they just eath em self coz the village is like island nothing comes in and if you leave there is no coming back.

its fixed now dont work

Post was edited 1 time, last by nottis ().

• I am talking about the reports that we requested in this thread.

I understand. People reporting to this thread because it is not obvious how to do it in game. Some of bugs posted here should have never be seen in public light because they are easy to abuse.

It seems that running a beta test server means only excuses for you: excuses for any amount of bugs of any severity, excuse to make life changes without any announcement or description etc. but no commitment. Beta test server means actually that you create a certain infrastructure to test it. You make it annoyingly obvious how to report bugs and maybe reward each properly reported bug with greater reward to those who reports it first. You should be actively collecting feedback not just on forum because only a few write here. Maybe loosen rules and allow to have 2 and more accounts so people who wants to test can test different things. I am sure there are other methods common and well known for gaming industry.