New patch: raiding restrictions (crosspost)

• So with the changelog being updated for .com too, I'll just crosspost my anglo thread here. I think most players have probably seen the anglo or nordics thread already, but posting here will at least mean more visibility for TG to see that they messed up.

(for the discussion so far, you can visit these threads:

Anglo thread by me:

New patch: raiding restrictions

Anglo thread by BlackBlade

Release sunflower 471.3 [4179] - Alliance Push Protection Discussion

Nordics thread by me:

Changelog 459.4

)

For those of you who are unaware what I'm talking about:

- Pushing protection limitation on raiding alliance members will be applied to all other players, even if they are not part of the same alliance. Loyalty decrease is now possible between alliance and confederation members. NAP still protects from conquering. Read more here: https://blog.travian.com/wp-co…ng-Protection-Changes.pdf

I know that TG had decided to change the pushing protection limitations, and then apply them to non-afiliated accounts too... But this makes it seem like the current pushing protection limitations will be applied server-wide? If this is the case, you would only be able to raid 2 hours of production every 7 days from accounts smaller than your own, even if having no connection to them at all. Is this correct?

Or does this update contain the new pushing protection limitations too, even though it isn't stated?

Stellamini   Ridder Huma   Ameno

Keep in mind - while the LoT participants did agree on setting limitations to raiding, they wanted a complete rework of raiding limitations. This was to reduce the use of raiding tech accounts. The restrictions would be far more lenient than alliance restrictions though. I do not remember the specifics, but we're talking something like only being able to raid 15 hours of production from an account per day, but with several days in advance, so it wouldn't hurt players clearing defense to raid (that is, with one account raiding. Other accounts would be able to raid the rest of the resources. So it would have minimal impact for ordinary raiding. It would only impact normal raiding if one for some strange reason had found a farm that none else found, and raided it alone for more than a week).

With this, however, it seems like TG are rolling out the currrent alliance restrictions instead. To summarize what this would mean:

can send 2 production hours to bigger player (7 days in advance) but nothing if your account is smaller than 40 population. (this would mean you could only raid 14 hours of production from an account smaller than yours, per week.)

can send 3 production hours to smaller player (7 days in advance) but nothing if your account is smaller than 40 population. (this would mean you could only raid 21 hours of production from an account larger than yours, per week.)

This is compared to no restrictions currently.

• Hi. The devs are informed about community opinion on that change. As soon as I get update, will let you know.

TL_ameno.png
    When you contact me via PM, please, send your messages in English.

• Hi. The devs are informed about community opinion on that change. As soon as I get update, will let you know.

Do you mind me asking if they're even playing their own game? Cause it definitely doesn't seem like it.

• Do you mind me asking if they're even playing their own game? Cause it definitely doesn't seem like it.

Question is whether or not you can call it a game anymore if the changes go through to live servers.

I have a great idea! How about a test server, that will get updates 2 weeks before they hit live servers, so they can test out the changes? A great name for it could be Public Test Realm...You could even make the gold free/make it cost a 1/3 or a 1/4 of the regular cost price...To cover the server costs...If you don’t want to lose money on it.

Other games have had great success with it.

• Hi,

The part in the update about pushing protection limitation has been removed, the rest of the update will still be implemented next week.

[COM] Travian Legends Changelog

ridder_huma_sig.png

Members of the Travian Team works on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

Post was edited 1 time, last by playingwithfire: fixed so the post was clearer ().