New Patch: Cap changing restrictions

• I really sometimes wonder what TG is trying to achieve with some of the "features" they have been trying to add to the game recently. I personally like the other changes in the post, which can be found right here: ⭐ NEW ⭐ - Upcoming features

But the changes that restrict people from changing their capital when you have incomings within an hour, may be the biggest game changer in the the upcoming features, but they tried to hide it by putting in under "Other Changes" making it sound like it's not a major change...

It may just be me and the others who have already messaged me about it becoming an issue, that don't like it...But what do the rest of the community think about that change? Will it be healthy for the game? :/

Guess we will just keep incomings on enemy capitals every hour once it gets added to the game :)

• This "feature" is utter crap and looks done just to avoid fixing a bug that happened on com1 ( a capital that was switched got chiefed ).

Well sorry, we are not lambs and I think we yelled quite a lot the last time some absurd changes were going to be pushed on us ( some weeks ago ).

Time for complaints again...

Hint to the programmers : do your job and fix the bugs YOU introduced in the game due to your bad code , instead of trying to push it under the carpet by disabling entirely the feature.

The change for picking up the artifacts I suspect is done for the SAME reason ( another bug that happened on com1 and that I suspect they have no clue nor will to correct ).

I say I don't see a reason for us to restart playing this game if we are prevented from changing capital whenever we want.

Marduk , R.Unite leader on old S5.com
    MCE member on s4.com
    Ass , Best/Nest on old s6.com
    Teoavo75 , Rep SW - now *****Rep - leader on s1.com , GF Hold member
    Teoavo75 , marduk , tiberius , nexus - SGR
    Drei - CWL

• What happens if a player settle his second village after the end of beginner protection, and someone starts to fake him every 30 minutes on the start village / second village?

Will he never be able to move capital?

TS1 2015 - Heisenberg - [UollasL]
    TS7 2015 - Heisenberg - [UollasL]
    TS1 2016 - brain.gif - [UollasL]

TS1 2015 - Heisenberg [UollasL]
    Finals 2017-18 - Valar Morghulis [UollasL]
    TX3 2018 - Balerion [Uollas]

Finals 2018-19 - Valar Morghulis [UollasL]

• ridiculous change, it can be used as last defensive tactic to switch cap last seconds to keep army alive.

Ridder Huma   Minke

edit: this change will result only in off village and caps being added to 1 troop raid list and villages will all have 100's of attacks just to exploit fact this change results into

OUD: Dirty! (nl1/de1), Violence (nl4), Avoid (nl7), Bazen (nl4), MUG (nl2, nl5, nl4), Cocktail (nl6), Prandur/Camorra (nl2), Vandalen (nl5), Borgia (nl2), Valhalla/Carpe Diem (.com), CS! 2017 finals, Cup 2018 finals

Post was edited 1 time, last by Wittekind ().

• Guess we will just keep incomings on enemy capitals every hour once it gets added to the game :)

As we all know changing capital has been the ultimate way to prevent chiefing of important villas - now we've already got the formula how to remove this possibility from the game. Not exactly a change to the better :cursing: (this wording chosen to avoid banning from the Forum - as I'm sure a straightforward expression of my feelings abt this change might trigger that).

PLEASE reconsider if this really is an imporvement of the game - or the opposite

Old cat with new Forum account

• So basically. If I send enough fakes from... lets say day 7. Someone could never actually change his capital and be stuck with his starter :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Twee keer naar rechts is hetzelfde als achteruit

• This change is so unbelievably stupid that I'm actually impressed!

Quokka already gives a perfect example of how you can just mess someone over so they can never change their capital.

And also throwing out a tactical skill just doesn't make any sense.

It would indeed not surprise me if Marduk is right that this is only happening because of some bugs travian is too lazy to fix.

• It might be as Marduk_COM says a way to prevent (not to fix) a bug like the ones we had in com1. But is a very bad change and it will affect most of the game... plese reconsider!.

Regarding the hero picking restriction removal I don't think is related to the com1 bug... but it is a huge change too. Do really someone in Munich or among the community ambassador asked for this (as it seems from reading Ridder Huma announcement?

Pleased to meet you
    Hope you guess my name
    But what's puzzling you
    Is the nature of my game

(Symphaty for the Devil, Rolling Stones, ages ago)

fnx wrote:

I have to admit last year Villains played cleaner than us

• It seems that those who decided to implement these changes have never played travian. A true travian player would never have thought of such bull.

I brought, as an example in the previous post, that one "innovation" is just one of the negative things about this new change, many strategies could no longer be used:

1) If settle close to an enemy capital village (let's say to 15c 150%), to zero it --> settle it and then --> make it my capital. Even if I succeed in zeroing the enemy and settling the 15c, if the enemy start to massively send fakes to the old capital I could never change it!

2) Another example: An enemy off operation zeroed my capital 15c (for example at day 30), I settle again the 15c village (to be able to redo it capital) because without capital my account is almost dead, but the enemy starts to send fakes to the old capital and oops! I will never be able to have a capital back!

I could continue with the examples but I will stop here! it's BS.

TS1 2015 - Heisenberg - [UollasL]
    TS7 2015 - Heisenberg - [UollasL]
    TS1 2016 - brain.gif - [UollasL]

TS1 2015 - Heisenberg [UollasL]
    Finals 2017-18 - Valar Morghulis [UollasL]
    TX3 2018 - Balerion [Uollas]

Finals 2018-19 - Valar Morghulis [UollasL]

Post was edited 1 time, last by playingwithfire: removed swear ().

• But what do the rest of the community think about that change?

Start village is good for capital too :/
    In each high tier server if you not change capital till noob protection ending you will not change capital to second (crop) village.

Good try to fix event-server bug.

dn
    время время время..

ЧЕ:dojik, Hamster;
    ЧМ1:Singing Heart, MightyRU; ЧМ2:Femme Fatale, ситтер на lspci, MightyRU; ЧМ3:после артов KukuYOPTA, CerbeR; ЧМ4:Ternura, ситтер на Ruk, CerbeR; ЧМ5: Caprice, CerbeR; ЧМ6: Lontra, CerbeR, ситтер на Mors; ЧМ7: zmey_gorynych, CerbeR, ситтер на UNI;

the end

• Wow...... Are TG actively trying to make the game worse?? Like seriously?

You'd think considering the insane amounts of money people spend on this game, they'd at least have the decency the FIX bugs. Not try to cover them up with ridiculous changes.

Removing spiking was a step forward (after a pretty long time I might add), this is 3 steps backwards. Same for trying to cap raiding to 3hrs of weekly prod of the farm... Fix the issues don't try and cover them up it's pathetic

I know a few chipmunks who would abuse this change. Not even hard either, just have one acct dedicated to sending a FL with 1 troop to every enemy cropper

• I know a few chipmunks who would abuse this change. Not even hard either, just have one acct dedicated to sending a FL with 1 troop to every enemy cropper

We would never!

TT final 2015 - Das Båt (SE)
    TT Qualify RU 2016 - Das Båt (Cerber-DD)
    TT final 2016 - illicit Ping, Pong & PangPang (Def&Dest)
    TT Qualify RU 2017 - Chip&Dale #1 off (CerbeR)
    TT Final 2017 - Chip&Dale (CerbeR)
    TT Qualify RU 2018 - ChipDale #1 pop (CerbeR)
    TT Final 2018 - Chip&Dale (WW BP release) (CerbeR-I)
    SE3 2017 - Krokodil
    Se1 2017-2018 Garbage Bag #1 Def (SKRÄP)
    S6 Anglosphere - Mimer (Bifrost)
    Active -
    TT Qualify RU 2019 - Chip&Dale (PoweR)
    Nordics 4 - Morgoth (Midgård)

• done just to avoid fixing a bug that happened on com1 ( a capital that was switched got chiefed )

I am sure you are correct. From what I understood the bug can't be prevented by any other way at the moment (keep in mind that they are working on rewiting the code piece by piece). So what are the options? Suggestions welcome.

• We would never!

I do.

dn
    время время время..

ЧМ1:Singing Heart, MightyRU; ЧМ2:Femme Fatale, ситтер на lspci, MightyRU; ЧМ3:после артов KukuYOPTA, CerbeR; ЧМ4:Ternura, ситтер на Ruk, CerbeR; ЧМ5: Caprice, CerbeR; ЧМ6: Lontra, CerbeR, ситтер на Mors; ЧМ7: zmey_gorynych, CerbeR, ситтер на UNI;

the end

• I do.

Good thing you're a russian bear & not a chipmunk then :whistling::whistling:

TT final 2015 - Das Båt (SE)
    TT Qualify RU 2016 - Das Båt (Cerber-DD)
    TT final 2016 - illicit Ping, Pong & PangPang (Def&Dest)
    TT Qualify RU 2017 - Chip&Dale #1 off (CerbeR)
    TT Final 2017 - Chip&Dale (CerbeR)
    TT Qualify RU 2018 - ChipDale #1 pop (CerbeR)
    TT Final 2018 - Chip&Dale (WW BP release) (CerbeR-I)
    SE3 2017 - Krokodil
    Se1 2017-2018 Garbage Bag #1 Def (SKRÄP)
    S6 Anglosphere - Mimer (Bifrost)
    Active -
    TT Qualify RU 2019 - Chip&Dale (PoweR)
    Nordics 4 - Morgoth (Midgård)

• Good thing you're a russian bear & not a chipmunk then :whistling::whistling:

I'm a penguin. And yesterday someone say "you are cheater" when I send on second attack for clubs :/

So all be good if I send spam to anyone from noob protection end.

dn
    время время время..

the end

• So, I'm told that we risk that this is forced down our throats ( with a time limit of 8h for alternatives ).

I can say only 2 things :

NO CHANGE AT ALL in respect to this (preferred). It happened once... lets wait to see "if" it happens again before running in circles removing hairs.

I think we are all adults ( is part of the rules that we confirm being of age ) and we can take our own risks knowingly.

and

Now, given that this "bug" never happened in years ... I doubt it's going to happen so easily again (so all this on their part is a "the sky is falling" imho, for no real reason. unless they changed the scheduler in the past months and managed to actually do a very bad job at it. If this is the case, do your job and fix your code and demonstrate professionalism instead of this "BAD" pr stunt )

Ah, the average reaction to "THIS" change from my players ( >200 ) is " (facepalm) whenever I think they deserve another chance "

TG ... you ARE losing credibility, and I am not joking (not that there was a lot of credibility to begin with, but it goes down more). With "this" change , no way in hell that I ask someone to pay to play this game only to get raped without a single chance of countering it due to "this" change.

Marduk , R.Unite leader on old S5.com
    MCE member on s4.com
    Ass , Best/Nest on old s6.com
    Teoavo75 , Rep SW - now *****Rep - leader on s1.com , GF Hold member
    Teoavo75 , marduk , tiberius , nexus - SGR
    Drei - CWL