New Patch: Cap changing restrictions

• Probably when players are going to use sending massive waves to villages to prevent cap switch, the comment will be: you are causing event jams on purpose as you know this will happen and for that you will be awarded with a ban...

OUD: Dirty! (nl1/de1), Violence (nl4), Avoid (nl7), Bazen (nl4), MUG (nl2, nl5, nl4), Cocktail (nl6), Prandur/Camorra (nl2), Vandalen (nl5), Borgia (nl2), Valhalla/Carpe Diem (.com), CS! 2017 finals, Cup 2018 finals

• Tomorrow the change goes on test servers. It is not yet going everywhere else if I understood right.

I totally support Mazzi's suggestion to accept "shit happens" and remove the change regarding capital. Everything else either good or no issue imho.

• I am forwarding your feedback.

For now these are only for PTR and Closed Beta that will get this update tomorrow (September 11th) at 10:00 UTC+1.

ridder_huma_sig.png

Members of the Travian Team works on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

• I am forwarding your feedback.

For now these are only for PTR and Closed Beta that will get this update tomorrow (September 11th) at 10:00 UTC+1.

Yes thank you,

Also take in regard that it has always been players choice to switch a capitol when under attack, most of us wait untill the dying seconds to see if armies travelling already showed up or met defences so we know village is safe.

2nd; for players who are not online when attacks are sent and log in to account just 5 minute before armies hit --> it will mean automatic loss of off village and troops with no countermeasures possible anymore....

3rd; players invest huge ammounts of gold in cap and off villages. Where one player has cap as holy grail, another player has off village as holy grail. Making it impossible to choose which to keep will only result in more players deleting once off villages is removed from server or when being faked day in, day out multiple times an hour...

4th; if you would bring this update to tournament, there will be thousands and thousands of extra attacks every hour. We have all seen what happened last year with fakes on WW villages only ;)

Thank you for reading.

We do not only care for your PTR or closed beta players, so start caring about your entire player base ...

And to finish it:

Automatization
    Mission
    We want to make sure Travian: Legends fits into our players’ time schedules. We want to make it
    easier to optimize the game, without giving the “one button to play it all”.
    General Statement
    Travian: Legends requires skills such as gathering intel, coordinating between players, decision
    making, planning and execution of these plans. When adding features for players’ convenience, we
    will make sure that those skills won’t be lost in the game.

What part of this is to be considered when making these changes? ||

OUD: Dirty! (nl1/de1), Violence (nl4), Avoid (nl7), Bazen (nl4), MUG (nl2, nl5, nl4), Cocktail (nl6), Prandur/Camorra (nl2), Vandalen (nl5), Borgia (nl2), Valhalla/Carpe Diem (.com), CS! 2017 finals, Cup 2018 finals

Post was edited 2 times, last by Wittekind ().

• What exactly are they looking to achieve with this anyway? They don't want people to be able to swap capitals to protect their hammer village on short notice? Why? Is it to prevent the cap chiefing bug that happened on com1 as many suspect? Still makes no sense.

Changing capital to save off villages has been a thing for ages, and I have honestly never seen anyone complain to get it changed. Sure, it's an "easy" way to save your hammer, but you lose your cap fields (for a WWK, who would often be one to consider a cap change, those fields are very valuable, and most often at least level 18). Apart from the glaring possibility to abuse this feature as mentioned above, this buffs the offensive side of the equation - as it is, people will wait until the last minute with cap change to save hammer, to see if the reals land elsewhere first, so timing has to be tight for the attackers. With this, less timing is needed - hell, you could actually permanently prevent enemy WWKs/off players from ever capping their non-cap hammer with hourly attacks (you could even just start them 24 hours or w/e before the OP).

• 100% right, if the TG development team spent half as much time on fixing issues as they do introducing new artwork, lame forum games and telling each other how great they are, they wouldn't need to continue these knee jerk "fixes" they propose to the game. Once again you have outdone yourself, bravo. Do you think they rock, paper, scissored to figure out who the poor sucker would be who had to introduce these joke changes to us?

It would indeed not surprise me if Marduk is right that this is only happening because of some bugs travian is too lazy to fix.

• UPDATE:

TG Games will turn off the "Login" Feature, so that players no longer cause server issues by playing the game. However, gold purchasing/spending will still be enabled.

• Looks like most of the staff that work for travian never played the game. Even the guys that do the social media videos dont have basic knowledge of the game

• Hello everyone,

I talked to Team Leads and Game Centre and informed them about your feedback on restriction on changing capital. We have a few question which I would like to discuss with you. Some of you recalled situation that happened recently on COM1 (hammer village got conquered despite being the capital). We would like to avoid this from happening again, because we fully understand that reversing battle results is not always an option and should not be the case.

So, I would like to collect ideas and present them to the Game Centre. To do this, I would appreciate if you answer those questions:

• How critical it is to have option to change capital village any moment?
    • How often did you have to do it in your Travian experience?
    • What would be your preferred way to solve the case (keeping in mind that reversing battle results in case when capital village got conquered is not an option)?

And thank you for feedback.

ridder_huma_sig.png

Members of the Travian Team works on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

• So, I would like to collect ideas and present them to the Game Centre. To do this, I would appreciate if you answer those questions:

• What would be your preferred way to solve the case (keeping in mind that reversing battle results in case when capital village got conquered is not an option)?

And thank you for feedback.

1. Very critical

2. Depends on the server, but between 1-10 times during a server.

3. Is this question a joke? The preferred way of solving the case would be to fix the bug that happened on com1??

- early game pretty important, later good and sometimes not avoidable

- once every 2-3 rounds

- fix the bugs maybe?

• Hello,

I want to clarify something on changing capital. When changing capital, it's not an immediate action, and might take longer than a few seconds. And since this process is separated from battle calulations and is in another queue, this is something that can't be changed and therefore that gap has been introduced.

ridder_huma_sig.png

• So, I would like to collect ideas and present them to the Game Centre.

1) start village is good capital too, as we talk about abuse this system in first page. Add to raid-list 1 clubs and sent every hours to player who have good crop village (like 15+125/15+150) and who dont change capital till noob protection.

And in big OP it will be very critical too, for example thunder have landing time smaller than 2h (200map server). So if you planning op you can send spam one day earlier and noone can change capital to off/art village. So ppl need to prepare for playing without capital.

2) many times on each server as off acc

dn
    время время время..

ЧЕ:dojik, Hamster;
    ЧМ1:Singing Heart, MightyRU; ЧМ2:Femme Fatale, ситтер на lspci, MightyRU; ЧМ3:после артов KukuYOPTA, CerbeR; ЧМ4:Ternura, ситтер на Ruk, CerbeR; ЧМ5: Caprice, CerbeR; ЧМ6: Lontra, CerbeR, ситтер на Mors; ЧМ7: zmey_gorynych, CerbeR, ситтер на UNI;

the end

• I honestly think that a better way to fix the bug is to just make it impossible to settle villages at all, that way everyone will have a capital and won’t be able to change it either.

...Worst thing about that idea is that it would be a better fix than what TG are trying.

• Add to raid-list 1 clubs and sent every hours to player who have good crop village (like 15+125/15+150) and who dont change capital till noob protection.

This part in the annoucement has been changed so raids don't count, only normal attacks will affect the restriction.

ridder_huma_sig.png

• This part in the annoucement has been changed so raids don't count, only normal attacks will affect the restriction.

So send 1 clubs Attacks, same idea just abit more effort.

If capital changing isnt instant, make it so it takes Lets say 5 minutes and problem solved?

TT final 2015 - Das Båt (SE)
    TT Qualify RU 2016 - Das Båt (Cerber-DD)
    TT final 2016 - illicit Ping, Pong & PangPang (Def&Dest)
    TT Qualify RU 2017 - Chip&Dale #1 off (CerbeR)
    TT Final 2017 - Chip&Dale (CerbeR)
    TT Qualify RU 2018 - ChipDale #1 pop (CerbeR)
    TT Final 2018 - Chip&Dale (WW BP release) (CerbeR-I)
    TT Qualify RU 2019 - Chip&Dale #3 off (PoweR)
    SE3 2017 - Krokodil
    Se1 2017-2018 Garbage Bag #1 Def (SKRÄP)
    S6 Anglosphere - Mimer (Bifrost)
    Active -
    Nordics 4 - Morgoth (Midgård)

• So send 1 clubs Attacks, same idea just abit more effort.

If capital changing isnt instant, make it so it takes Lets say 5 minutes and problem solved?

5 minutes is still kinda an issue...Since it’s mostly something you do last sec.

And doesnt most bots offer an attack option instead of raid? So just stick a bot on a multi that queues clubs all the time and send attacks every hour.