New Patch: Cap changing restrictions

• 1. You will just bury the game. Instead, hire new programmers or rewrite the code.

2. Depends on the server,but is an essential mechanic even if there is no cap changing made, this change ln game will kill the game in many ways.

3.rewrite the code

• 5 minutes is still kinda an issue...Since it’s mostly something you do last sec.

I dont really think 5 minutes would be a issue.
    However it's not perfect but it's ALOT better then the suggestion from TG.

I would obviously prefer current system.

TT final 2015 - Das Båt (SE)
    TT Qualify RU 2016 - Das Båt (Cerber-DD)
    TT final 2016 - illicit Ping, Pong & PangPang (Def&Dest)
    TT Qualify RU 2017 - Chip&Dale #1 off (CerbeR)
    TT Final 2017 - Chip&Dale (CerbeR)
    TT Qualify RU 2018 - ChipDale #1 pop (CerbeR)
    TT Final 2018 - Chip&Dale (WW BP release) (CerbeR-I)
    TT Qualify RU 2019 - Chip&Dale #3 off (PoweR)
    SE3 2017 - Krokodil
    Se1 2017-2018 Garbage Bag #1 Def (SKRÄP)
    S6 Anglosphere - Mimer (Bifrost)
    Active -
    Nordics 4 - Morgoth (Midgård)

• 5 minutes is still kinda an issue...Since it’s mostly something you do last sec.

And doesnt most bots offer an attack option instead of raid? So just stick a bot on a multi that queues clubs all the time and send attacks every hour.

dont forget the new, great botdetection system

• But the changes that restrict people from changing their capital when you have incomings within an hour, may be the biggest game changer in the the upcoming features, but they tried to hide it by putting in under "Other Changes" making it sound like it's not a major change...

It may just be me and the others who have already messaged me about it becoming an issue, that don't like it...But what do the rest of the community think about that change? Will it be healthy for the game? :/

Guess we will just keep incomings on enemy capitals every hour once it gets added to the game :)

Many, in italy also, complained about this new feature

• This part in the annoucement has been changed so raids don't count, only normal attacks will affect the restriction.

This changes nothing.

If I understand correctly, this whole "feature" is your way of fixing the bug. Would you tell us why? Why just not fix the bug?

With this feature, even with time delay you are drowning many defensive moves from players, and expose the game to abusers of this system. Could it result in more cheaters in game using bots with new feature "block capital" for easier cheifing? Sure it could. So please reconsider.

• What is your preference for "switch capital" mechanic? 35

1. No change. Warning - in extremaly rare cases that may cause a bug during chiefing. (33) 94%
    2. Add restrictions if the villages are under attack. read above about concequenses. (2) 6%

Please drop this in your chats as well. Thanks.

Post was edited 1 time, last by ELE ().

• 1) very critical, especially mid/late game

2) depends, but often enough to call it critical

3) as others mentioned : fix the bug and restart taking DAILY backups of the servers, thing that you stopped doing entirely to save pennies...

Marduk , R.Unite leader on old S5.com
    MCE member on s4.com
    Ass , Best/Nest on old s6.com
    Teoavo75 , Rep SW - now *****Rep - leader on s1.com , GF Hold member
    Teoavo75 , marduk , tiberius , nexus - SGR
    Drei - CWL

• Sadly i voted wrong. i pressed add restrictons,

I am against changes, let us change cap as we want,

I personally have experienced lots of times where it was critical to change a cap.

for me and for enemies.

T3-T4 Period: Heisenberg/Cakke Danish Servers.

T4 Nordicx servers: HUMAN

T4 comx 2015 HeadHunter

T4 com1 2016 Furious5 "CWL" com1 winners

T4 com1 2018 INHUMAN "SGR" Currently going

T4 ts80 2019 TreasureHunter until 14/07, Rank2pop Rank3 robber solo play 1st+2nd week.

T4 ts80 2019. Currently playing where????

Scandinavian player! Denmark

• 3) as others mentioned : fix the bug and restart taking DAILY backups of the servers, thing that you stopped doing entirely to save pennies...

We do have daily backups of the gameworlds, we never stopped.
    It would be nice if you can avoid spreading fake news, it's not nice :)

• We do have daily backups of the gameworlds, we never stopped.

How would any of your users know about that? Exactly, they don’t...So they can only refer to what has happened in the past, where backups have been “corrupt” or non existent when there have been server issues :)

I would also like to give you a little tip, get someone to change the password to the Admin account, so you no longer have access. You usually end up saying something stupid whenever you post. Leave it to others when you can’t control your emotions.

• We do have daily backups of the gameworlds, we never stopped.

playingwithfire please ban him, its fake news. We talk about it on TT and real admin say "we dont have every day backups"

dn
    время время время..

ЧЕ:dojik, Hamster;
    ЧМ1:Singing Heart, MightyRU; ЧМ2:Femme Fatale, ситтер на lspci, MightyRU; ЧМ3:после артов KukuYOPTA, CerbeR; ЧМ4:Ternura, ситтер на Ruk, CerbeR; ЧМ5: Caprice, CerbeR; ЧМ6: Lontra, CerbeR, ситтер на Mors; ЧМ7: zmey_gorynych, CerbeR, ситтер на UNI;

the end

• playingwithfire please ban him, its fake news. We talk about it on TT and real admin say "we dont have every day backups"

Unfortunately for you, I never said something like this. So you may want to check again. We do have every backup of the previous 14 days. We cannot keep older backups due to privacy laws, so the older backups are automatically deleted.

• The purpose of a backup is to roll back to the latest backed up version. All latest roll-backs were to "the Wednesday last week and we can't do any better". I have no idea what is happening on the back end but whatever you have in storage does not work for the purpose related to this thread.

Cakke98 I changed settings. You can change your vote now.

• Unfortunately for you, I never said something like this. So you may want to check again. We do have every backup of the previous 14 days. We cannot keep older backups due to privacy laws, so the older backups are automatically deleted.

May be its not you. But anyway when we ask about roll back date - we have this answer

dn
    время время время..

ЧЕ:dojik, Hamster;
    ЧМ1:Singing Heart, MightyRU; ЧМ2:Femme Fatale, ситтер на lspci, MightyRU; ЧМ3:после артов KukuYOPTA, CerbeR; ЧМ4:Ternura, ситтер на Ruk, CerbeR; ЧМ5: Caprice, CerbeR; ЧМ6: Lontra, CerbeR, ситтер на Mors; ЧМ7: zmey_gorynych, CerbeR, ситтер на UNI;

the end

• I dont really think 5 minutes would be a issue.
    However it's not perfect but it's ALOT better then the suggestion from TG.

I would obviously prefer current system.

5 minutes is not enough apparently, even as much as 15 minutes might not work.

Administrator   Ridder Huma

1) Why was a poor work-around to "fix" a bug passed off as a minor change, and said to "requested" by the community/ambassadors/Legends? Why was it not brought up with said Ambassadors, when any half-decent player could have told you the glaring issues with the 1 hour cap change restriction? (Well, why didn't anyone at TG realize this? I guess no one there knows how their own game works?)

2) How often has this bug occured? It is the first time in all my years playing that I have seen it happen - and, as far as I understand, it only happened because of the very specific circumstances - i.e. because the cap was switched twice within a short time, to save potential chiefings on two non-caps - or is the bug reproduceable with just a single cap change? Because if this is literally the only time this has ever occured, why on earth would you rush out a game-breaking update to prevent it?

• 2) i.e. because the cap was switched twice within a short time, to save potential chiefings on two non-caps -

if thats the case they could just double or tripple the time palace lvl 1 needs to be build? (and reduce times for the next levels ofc)

• 1 when playing off the option is critical to have

2 several times

3 no changes at all

i do not wish that a decision i can make on account to be overruled by a built in timer

OUD: Dirty! (nl1/de1), Violence (nl4), Avoid (nl7), Bazen (nl4), MUG (nl2, nl5, nl4), Cocktail (nl6), Prandur/Camorra (nl2), Vandalen (nl5), Borgia (nl2), Valhalla/Carpe Diem (.com), CS! 2017 finals, Cup 2018 finals

• Administrator   Ridder Huma

1) Why was a poor work-around to "fix" a bug passed off as a minor change, and said to "requested" by the community/ambassadors/Legends? Why was it not brought up with said Ambassadors, when any half-decent player could have told you the glaring issues with the 1 hour cap change restriction? (Well, why didn't anyone at TG realize this? I guess no one there knows how their own game works?)

2) How often has this bug occured? It is the first time in all my years playing that I have seen it happen - and, as far as I understand, it only happened because of the very specific circumstances - i.e. because the cap was switched twice within a short time, to save potential chiefings on two non-caps - or is the bug reproduceable with just a single cap change? Because if this is literally the only time this has ever occured, why on earth would you rush out a game-breaking update to prevent it?

I will forward both of your two points. About the second point, the bug never happend on the old Danish domain, but can't say for other domains beside the one that happned on com1.

ridder_huma_sig.png

Members of the Travian Team works on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

• if thats the case they could just double or tripple the time palace lvl 1 needs to be build? (and reduce times for the next levels ofc)

No, it has nothing to do with palace build time. The player in question changed his capital to his first hammer village 2 hours before the reals, so he would have plenty of time to rebuild palace in his second hammer (i.e. he did it as soon as he had switched cap to his first hammer village). He then waited for 8-10 seconds after the attacks on his first hammer, and swapped cap to his second hammer, but the first hammer was chiefed anyway.