New Patch: Cap changing restrictions

• For those of you who follow the COM domain here on the forum, you may already have seen the thread about upcoming changes...But it's yet to be posted here on Anglosphere, so here you go!

⭐ NEW ⭐ - Upcoming features

I really sometimes wonder what TG is trying to achieve with some of the "features" they have been trying to add to the game recently. I personally like the other changes in the post.

But the changes that restrict people from changing their capital when you have incomings within an hour, may be the biggest game changer in the the upcoming features, but they tried to hide it by putting in under "Other Changes" making it sound like it's not a major change...

It may just be me and the others who have already messaged me about it becoming an issue, that don't like it...But what do the rest of the community think about that change? Will it be healthy for the game? :/

Guess we will just keep incomings on enemy capitals every hour once it gets added to the game :)

• I would like to know what is the ratio behind this idea. It is really a bad change and a game strategy change.

Pleased to meet you
    Hope you guess my name
    But what's puzzling you
    Is the nature of my game

(Symphaty for the Devil, Rolling Stones, ages ago)

fnx wrote:

I have to admit last year Villains played cleaner than us

• Hey TRAVIAN

Do you guys have a contingency plan for when 10 players send mace attacks every hour at an entire alliance preventing them from switching capitals from their spawn and 100% crippling their server with minimal troop investment? Just wondering about how little you thought about this idea before I get really angry. Because nobody would make such an obvious mistake, especially when one of the other proposed ideas was a raid list that let you send attacks.

Yours Truly,

Teutons

I've probably played 30 servers at this point

US1 Honeybadger - RIP travian reports and my only decent reports :(

One time member of the UK Hall of fame for def points

Panda - 1,276,029

I blame blazin1 for any actions that may occur during the course of any server

• You can completely cripple an account for 250 resources per hour. I don't even understand what the upside of it is?

Anglo2: Fluffy

Balkan2: cesnalicebula

• The upside appears to be making it way more difficult to play EGH?

Panda - 1,276,029

• What exactly are they looking to achieve with this anyway? They don't want people to be able to swap capitals to protect their hammer village on short notice? Why? Is it to prevent the cap chiefing bug that happened on com1 as many suspect? Still makes no sense.

Changing capital to save off villages has been a thing for ages, and I have honestly never seen anyone complain to get it changed. Sure, it's an "easy" way to save your hammer, but you lose your cap fields (for a WWK, who would often be one to consider a cap change, those fields are very valuable, and most often at least level 18). Apart from the glaring possibility to abuse this feature as mentioned above, this buffs the offensive side of the equation - as it is, people will wait until the last minute with cap change to save hammer, to see if the reals land elsewhere first, so timing has to be tight for the attackers. With this, less timing is needed - hell, you could actually permanently prevent enemy WWKs/off players from ever capping their non-cap hammer with hourly attacks (you could even just start them 24 hours or w/e before the OP).

• Hello all,

Your opinions have been forwarded to the developers and we understand that this is something that has upset you.

We are looking into it right now and more details will be available tomorrow during the day.

• Hello all,

Your opinions have been forwarded to the developers and we understand that this is something that has upset you.

We are looking into it right now and more details will be available tomorrow during the day.

Maybe the Devs should get a group of players together that actually play the game, that way they could ask them for ideas, suggestions and whatnot before they spend time adding things that ruins the game?

Or even better! Get the Devs on the forum, and let them ask the community directly :love:

• Thank you for forwarding it. But I think there should be some sort of rational posted for almost completely breaking the game.

Panda - 1,276,029

• I think it's weird how there was an attempt at getting the community involved, with the Summit / Ambassador program thing, which then gets completely sidestepped. There's no way the community would have pre-approved this change, so I'm guessing the ambassadors weren't even asked about this.