Day 2: The Three Wise Men

• Nickname NACOK

SErver : Codex s15

If his hat was white the two other should see one black and one white so they would know that their hat is Black because the Third man would have seee two white hat and he would had said : Mine is black because there are only two white.. as noboldy have said that (mine is black) SO it means the sole possibility is to get a BLACK hat....

• Nickname NACOK

SErver : Codex s15

If his hat was white the two other should see one black and one white so they would know that their hat is Black because the Third man would have seee two white hat and he would had said : Mine is black because there are only two white.. as noboldy have said that (mine is black) SO it means the sole possibility is to get a BLACK hat....

• Situation 1: Assuming that the architect had placed 2 white hats and one black hat on the three men, the man wearing the black hat would have been able to solve the riddle instantly.

Situation 2: Assuming the architect had placed 2 black hats and one white hat on the three men. One of the black hatted man would see one black hat and one white hat. Now, since no one could instantly figure out the answer, he will understand that he's not wearing a white hat. Else, the other black hatted man would be able to solve it instantly. Hence, he will be able to decipher that he's wearing a black hat.

Solution: With three black hatted men, each one will only be able to see 2 black hats. One would wonder whether the hat he's wearing is black or white. However, if it were white, this would be situation 2 and someone black hatted would have figured out the answer. But with no response, the wisest man will eventually figure out that everyone was black hatted as all other combinations are eliminated.

Username - gyraflame

Server- S3

• Here's the answers to the riddle:

The only way for all 3 men to think a long time about what hat is on their head, is if none of them sees 2 white hats. This is possible only if all 3 men wear black hats.

5 winners for this taskj have been found among all the correct answers are:

TheGoldOne

Ion

MajorTrouble

LordLinux

baneks_RS

A PM will be sent to the winners.

Thanks to all for participating in Day 2 task.

The third task can be found on Day 3: Escape

ridder_huma_sig.png

Members of the Travian Team works on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.