+1 speed for Gaul catapults

The forum will be offline for around 2 hours on Tuesday, December 17th starting from 12.30 GMT+1.
  • Hello internet people,

3c9dsv.jpg

As we all know, tho they are very good on defense, Gauls suck offensively. Teuts build hammers the fastest, romans the strongest so what can the Gauls build? Jack poop.

I think they should have the fastest. Now Thunders are very very fast BUT besides ghost/farming not very useful either (even as ghosts they are'weak'). What the Gauls need imo is +1 extra speed on catapults. This would actually be a worthy trade off for their weaker offensive units during ops. +1 speed can easily take a few hours off launching time which could set def ops up for some surprises. heck, nerf their offensive power even further if +1 speed is OP.

Cheers

Twee keer naar rechts is hetzelfde als achteruit

Post was edited 1 time, last by Doom_NL ().

• maybe add building to produce magic potion? only to be built in cap and when built, trapper is removed?

all troops speed up .. % for each lvl

duration: 4h + 1h for each lvl (active, troops benefit faster travelling speed until arrival on target)

OUD: Dirty! (nl1/de1), Violence (nl4), Avoid (nl7), Bazen (nl4), MUG (nl2, nl5, nl4), Cocktail (nl6), Prandur/Camorra (nl2), Vandalen (nl5), Borgia (nl2), Valhalla/Carpe Diem (.com), CS! 2017 finals, Cup 2018 finals

• +1, totally agree, as a main gaul player im always useless.

Many .nl servers 🙅🏻‍♂️

NoMercyy | comb | 2014

msB | com2 | GUNNERZ | 2017/18

msB | com3 | PP | 2018/19

Nomercy | comx | IDTS | 2019 winter

• maybe add building to produce magic potion? only to be built in cap and when built, trapper is removed?

all troops speed up .. % for each lvl

duration: 4h + 1h for each lvl (active, troops benefit faster travelling speed until arrival on target)

I'll take it. Could also just be a 2nd smithy where you like upgrade troop speed. The general idea is to make them quicker.

Trapper is hardly used anyway I think :D

+1, totally agree, as a main gaul player im always useless.

You're always useless anyway mate

• I don't believe TG will do anything to Gauls, because they are the most played tribe. Which is kind of sad, because playing Gauls offensively sucks and almost nobody does it anymore.

Also their speed advantage is nice, but with the introduction of HDT, TT are useless for everything except farming. 90 attack points for 1090 resources. Those same 1090 res give a druidrider 115 def against infantry. The advantage is TT 19 speed, but TG could just as well reduce their speed to like 16 and bump their attack points a bit. That would make TT ghosts and/or hammers more interesting.

EI outclass TT in every aspect besides speed, and with the introduction of steppes, things get even worse.

.pt4: Maximus :teu01:/.fr3: Medianus :rom02:/.fr6: Minimus :rom03:/.ptp: Medianus:egy02:/.as7: Minimus :gau02:/.2019 Qualify Group A: Azor Ahai :hun01:

.as4: Pissed Pigeons :teu01:/ .2019 Finals: Makhai :egy02:

• Hey, how about you wont ask to add offence option to defence tribe? Thats why you do choose to play teutons or hunns if you want to play offensive. Its like the same thing if you will ask to add some defence points to clubs, because they do suck when they are in defence, if you will compare them to, lets say, ANY offence troops in game. Does that mean that teutons off troops suck in deffence? Yes, but thats how they should actually work. Gauls got the best def troops in game, thats why they got so-so off troops.

Dasfag: Fire and Sand, ts 20
    "- Если вы пришелец, откуда у вас северный акцент?
    - На многих планетах есть север"

Ts19 2017: Топ 1 атакующие :evil: (1,7 миллиона офрейт)
    Ts20 2018: Топ 1 атакующие :evil: (4 миллиона офрейт)

Ts19 2019: Топ 1 атакующие :evil: (2,5 миллиона офрейт)

Ts20 2019: Топ 1 атакующие :evil: (11,2 миллиона офрейт)

Ts20 2019: Топ 1 население :rolleyes: (53 деревни 47600 население)

• teutons already had the best offense and still TG boosted brewery. HDT for romans simply was a game changer and made the tribe viable offensively again.

What do Gauls have? trappers..also, giving +1 speed to trebuchets wouldn't make Gauls an offensive tribe, it would just make posible different strategies and actually give people a reason to play Gauls offensively again. Gauls would still produce the least off/time.

.pt4: Maximus :teu01:/.fr3: Medianus :rom02:/.fr6: Minimus :rom03:/.ptp: Medianus:egy02:/.as7: Minimus :gau02:/.2019 Qualify Group A: Azor Ahai :hun01:

• I don't believe TG will do anything to Gauls, because they are the most played tribe. Which is kind of sad, because playing Gauls offensively sucks and almost nobody does it anymore.

Also their speed advantage is nice, but with the introduction of HDT, TT are useless for everything except farming. 90 attack points for 1090 resources. Those same 1090 res give a druidrider 115 def against infantry. The advantage is TT 19 speed, but TG could just as well reduce their speed to like 16 and bump their attack points a bit. That would make TT ghosts and/or hammers more interesting.

EI outclass TT in every aspect besides speed, and with the introduction of steppes, things get even worse.

They're the most played tribe by tech/multi accounts*

In top 100 rank it's way harder to see them

• Gaul numbers also drop dramatically when all 5 tribes are on a server.

That said an interesting idea and discussion. I personally don't think its that big a buff and it would only make Gauls a little more valuable offensively. Right now they are just so low on the offensive hierarchy that it makes it silly to use them offensively (beside as ghosts, but even then I prefer EI myself). This would at least give more flexibility who like to play as Gaul and it would spice up the game dynamics a little bit. In my opinion I think all of the tribes are significantly more suited to play either offensively or defensively, while for Gauls defense or ghost are the only realistic options.

• Gaul numbers also drop dramatically when all 5 tribes are on a server.

Thats beacuse Egypts are more or less Gauls but on sterioids.
    (With even worse offensive troops however)

TT Final 2015 - Das Båt (SE)
    TT Qualify RU 2016 - Das Båt (Cerber-DD)
    TT final 2016 - illicit Ping, Pong & PangPang (Def&Dest)
    TT Qualify RU 2017 - Chip&Dale #1 off (CerbeR)
    TT Final 2017 - Chip&Dale (CerbeR)
    TT Qualify RU 2018 - ChipDale #1 pop (CerbeR)
    TT Final 2018 - Chip&Dale (WW BP release) (CerbeR-I)
    TT Qualify RU 2019 - Chip&Dale #3 off (PoweR)
    SE3 2017 - Krokodil
    S6 Anglosphere - Mimer (Bifrost)
    Active -
    Nordics 4 - Morgoth (Midgård)
    TT Final 2019 - Penguin Party (PoweR)

• Hey, how about you wont ask to add offence option to defence tribe? Thats why you do choose to play teutons or hunns if you want to play offensive. Its like the same thing if you will ask to add some defence points to clubs, because they do suck when they are in defence, if you will compare them to, lets say, ANY offence troops in game. Does that mean that teutons off troops suck in deffence? Yes, but thats how they should actually work. Gauls got the best def troops in game, thats why they got so-so off troops.

I don't understand where you are coming from. Teuts are excellent defenders and so are the Roman's. If teuts + romans are viable defensively and offensively how come Gaul's are only viable defensively?

• Teuts are excellent defenders

defence points to clubs

I came from the place, where u do read the comment, before answering to it.

Dasfag: Fire and Sand, ts 20
    "- Если вы пришелец, откуда у вас северный акцент?
    - На многих планетах есть север"

Ts19 2017: Топ 1 атакующие :evil: (1,7 миллиона офрейт)
    Ts20 2018: Топ 1 атакующие :evil: (4 миллиона офрейт)

Ts19 2019: Топ 1 атакующие :evil: (2,5 миллиона офрейт)

Ts20 2019: Топ 1 атакующие :evil: (11,2 миллиона офрейт)

Ts20 2019: Топ 1 население :rolleyes: (53 деревни 47600 население)

• Defensive Teuts don't defend with clubs

Tell that to EA :O

TT Final 2015 - Das Båt (SE)
    TT Qualify RU 2016 - Das Båt (Cerber-DD)
    TT final 2016 - illicit Ping, Pong & PangPang (Def&Dest)
    TT Qualify RU 2017 - Chip&Dale #1 off (CerbeR)
    TT Final 2017 - Chip&Dale (CerbeR)
    TT Qualify RU 2018 - ChipDale #1 pop (CerbeR)
    TT Final 2018 - Chip&Dale (WW BP release) (CerbeR-I)
    TT Qualify RU 2019 - Chip&Dale #3 off (PoweR)
    SE3 2017 - Krokodil
    S6 Anglosphere - Mimer (Bifrost)
    Active -
    Nordics 4 - Morgoth (Midgård)
    TT Final 2019 - Penguin Party (PoweR)

• As i said on the french part of the forum, TG should maybe add some Power to Theutate thunder !

Maybe add 10 Offensive power and decrease their training time, beacause since Huns, gauls are really weak

• That, or reduce their speed.

• na catapult is not possible, all tribe have same speed on captapult all catapult have the same strenght to destroy buildings, and all catapult have the same training time, they can change everything, but never they will change catapult for only 1 tribe