Reasons not to play Travian!

• Because Travian is no longer a game, but:

1) Bugs, glitches, fails;

2) Backups and rollbacks;

3) Gold over the skill;

4) Business;

TL;DR - Don't play Travian, because it's not Travian.

I've lost faith to the game, since it's just place for all kind of donors (especially multers and others) to spend their money and to enjoy "bug-free" game.

Atėjau, pamačiau, sugrioviau...

• Fun fact: All those who criticize travian about 10 October incident have absolutely no idea how programming works.

• Fun fact: All those who criticize travian about 10 October incident have absolutely no idea how programming works.

Just like Travian Games who have absolutely no idea how programming works... oh right, testing too.

5ad.gif

Ah ofc, forgot to mention, that sir is not reading what's written.

Atėjau, pamačiau, sugrioviau...

• Just like Travian Games who have absolutely no idea how programming works... oh right, testing too.

5ad.gif

Ah ofc, forgot to mention, that sir is not reading what's written.

Often, even only 1 line of code could generate critical bugs.

There are so many critics you can do on travian (like the extreme pay4win system), having a critical bug once every 10 years is not among them.

• after the rollback I still get no response about my gold which is vanished. I demand my gold back as soon as possible. I have send 4 tickets and all got no answer. Just general answer to be patience patience and patience.. So.. Thank you for your understanding gentleman

I don't come here for programming lessons. If I wanted to learn programming, I sure as hell wouldn't pay TG to teach me. I come to play a game and have fun. And talking to Customer Service every other day is not fun. Now, many seem to miss the point. You have a product and you sell it on the market. If the product is faulty, you need to take responsibility for it. I don't remember travian was marketed at a discount price. We pay full and we expect it to work. Would you buy a broken chair or a car? What is all this "poor TG", "please understand our HQ was in agony". We were robbed and now you want sympathy? Stop giving excuses and do your job. You are so shameless that I wouldn't be surprised if you asked for compensation for the pain your players are causing you.

"...If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools..."

• Problems like this happen in every server, in every game or site, nothing new.

Nobody was personally really damaged by this rollback.

I seriously hope for you they DON'T give you back your golds. Because if they don't, you will earn way more money with a law process

• Gold? To play here again? No, thank you. My duals can keep it if they want. Money back. Chargeback is the word of the day. And this rollback is just a culmination. They have completely ruined com1. And they ruined finals before that. And they keep pretending nothing is wrong.

"...If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools..."

• Gold? To play here again? No, thank you. My duals can keep it if they want. Money back. Chargeback is the word of the day. And this rollback is just a culmination. They have completely ruined com1. And they ruined finals before that. And they keep pretending nothing is wrong.

Finals was ruined? I agree, there's no doubt they spoiled a server back once.

They ruined com1? I don't think so, no server has been really damaged by this rollback.

Anyway you're free to stop playing, even if i think there are way more important reasons to stop playing travian (like the more and more multiaccounts and the stronger pay4win system) than this one.

• Well, to the question of filing a class action suit, you first need to see if your country even has jurisdiction over the company. It is usually dependant on where the head office is or where their place of business is at. I dont see a suit being possible in any place other than Germany, litigation isnt cheap there. On top of that, have you gone through the "terms and condition"? I am sure there is a clause which covers such a situation too, which would not allow you to sue them.

As such, the best thing which you can do is suck it up or leave the game.

I seriously doubt the fact that you have no legal possibility to sue the Travian Games because it's fraud. There is a whole EU jurisdiction about international frauds and the fact that the firm/costumer is in another country doesn't allow them to avoid a serious sue.

• Oh yeah true, we Asians cant sue. Eu can.

You can sue based on EU jurisdiction even though you live out of european union, it's not necessary to take back asian countries law

Also, offering a service (travian servers) in a given country necessarely means you have to respect that country's law

• Often, even only 1 line of code could generate critical bugs.

If game developers do a bad job to construct the foundations of the codes, yes, it can happen. Yet, you see that most games identify and correct the bugs as they are reported by customers. Severity bugs are expected to decrease over time. So the game companies steadily remove the bugs and eventually turn into a stable game. That is the main concept behind alpha and beta versions. Don't find bullshit excuses to these bugs for a company that has been doing minimal changes to its gameplay and core mechanics for 10+ years.

It is about time we realize that travian is some sort of the Benjamin Button of game development. As we progress fast towards the pre-alpha period, enjoy the game as much as you can.

Noel, 8:13 PM

She breaks my heart, I break their armies

Post was edited 1 time, last by playingwithfire: removed swear ().

• Severity bugs are expected to decrease over time. So the game companies steadily remove the bugs and eventually turn into a stable game. That is the main concept behind alpha and beta versions. Don't find bullshit excuses to these bugs for a company that has been doing minimal changes to its gameplay and core mechanics for 10+ years.

Actually there have been pretty many changes lately, from the confederation system to the bann system to the codex victoria to the different micro dynamics.

It's obvious that if you keep the same codes nothing happens.

I also guess you have 0 knowledge in coding, also because even the best programmers of the world often present bugs (Apple, Microsoft, Google and so on)