Reasons not to play Travian!

• And despite all these reasons to not play, most of you suckers keep coming back like a god damn boomerang. : )

• So let's look at some facts:

• The game was rewritten between 2011-2014 after the T4 release. It was originally called T5 and is now Travian Kingdoms. It got spun off because players didn't like the level of changes that were made to the core game.
    • If it was originally intended to be a replacement which means like the other previous versions it would have eventually been retired, likely by the end of 2016 at the latest
    • T1, T2, T3 and T4 are all based on the same foundation of code and are all jumbled together. T5 was the first time it was rewritten from scratch
    • As noted those who designed and coded the different versions are not all still with the company, documentation especially from the early days is likely lacking
    • Web standards have changed greatly from 2004
    • We don't know what they are working on behind the scenes. Even I who has a ton more access don't know everything they might be working on. It wouldn't surprise me if they have some big plans in the works and I have suspicions.
    • In all the years I've played this is the most catastrophic thing to happen. In general when something goes wrong, it is on a small scale. It is either something minor or on a limited number of servers
    • PTR works. I played the last one and my account caught about a dozen different bugs that were prevented from going live on the rest of the servers

I'm not a programmer but from how I understand it not every bug just rears its head right away. It can take a certain event or chain of events to set it off and reaching that point won't necessarily be reached during testing. You can't test forever or nothing will ever be released.

Was the situation handled perfectly? No. But they did pretty good considering the scale and communication was a lot better than I've seen in the past. They also got things back up and running pretty quick albeit not perfectly but there is a reason using the backup data is an absolute last resort.

Issues with any type of code happen everyday. In fact some of the biggest companies in the world have bugs that pose a much greater danger to the world than Travian going down for a couple days. So I really think everyone needs to put this all in perspective and take a breath. This is a game and this is a product of human invention - things will go wrong.

Former Anglosphere Ambassador 2019-2020

Post was edited 1 time, last by BlackBlade ().

• Oh come on BB, your words would be different if you weren't "the ambassador".

You might as well stop the bull. Everyone praises things as long as they get something from it.

• Oh come on BB, your words would be different if you weren't "the ambassador".

You might as well stop the bull. Everyone praises things as long as they get something from it.

The thing is I don't get anything. I went to Munich and put in 12 hour days discussing the game and now everything I do gets no compensation.

I'm not saying there aren't problems but contrary to public opinion this is not in fact the end of the world, nor is it frankly unexpected given the state of things.

• So let's look at some facts:

• I'm not a programmer but from how I understand it not every bug just rears its head right away. It can take a certain event or chain of events to set it off and reaching that point won't necessarily be reached during testing. You can't test forever or nothing will ever be released.

How is this a fact but not your own interpretation?

Issues with any type of code happen everyday. In fact some of the biggest companies in the world have bugs that pose a much greater danger to the world than Travian going down for a couple days. So I really think everyone needs to put this all in perspective and take a breath. This is a game and this is a product of human invention - things will go wrong.

BB, I do not intend to be mean but this is the type of argument I dislike the most - painting all with a broad brush by bringing up irrelevant examples. How does an hypothetical bug in an imaginary enterprise's code excuse TG's screw up? Even if what you say were true, why would I be satisfied an explanation like "it could happen somewhere else too"? It is a mistake to use bad examples to justify the problems, if anything, this kind of behavior harms the company even more. Professional companies listen to their customers, own their mistakes and offer transparent solutions. They do not sweeps things under the rug, they do not blame their customers for complaining. At the end of the day they exist thanks to the loyal customers. At bare minimum, TG should explain how they will ensure that these will not happen again and people who were disadvantaged by these bugs have all the right in the world to complain.

Noel, 8:13 PM

She breaks my heart, I break their armies

Post was edited 1 time, last by Playingwithfire: removed swear ().

• How is this a fact but not your own interpretation?

I had it in the wrong section but the point remains.

Bugs happen, this happened, they addressed it quickly and relatively smoothly. I think everyone is getting angry over nothing.

Travian does listen to their customers. Do they always own up? No. Did they here? I think so. Regarding "transparent solutions", I think the details of their code are something well beyond what they have a duty to say publicly. There was a bug and they fixed it. As part of the QA process I expect measures will be taken to try and reduce the possibility of this in the future. But when it comes to ANY human action there is no 100% certainty. Mistakes can and will be made, if another one happens that is to be expected, especially since the deck is stacked against the existing code.

There has been no sweeping under the rug and they have not complained, despite the fact they probably should. There has been almost 0 patience and understanding from the community when TG has been doing their best to address the problem. I really don't see what disadvantage occurred here and if your reference is Com1, the result of the server is the same as it was before. There is a difference between making your opinion known and acting as if the world is ending.

• This is the kind of an attitude a failing company embraces. I can only hope that TG will do better than accusing their customers. It is not up to you or TG to judge how severe the bugs were or how they impacted the fun players get from the game. If someone acts as if world is ending, instead of blaming customers, the most logical thing TG can do is to accept this as a fact, analyze why players are feeling like this and make sure that this doesn't happen again without excuses. I don't know how you inferred that I am suggesting TG to share their codes from "transparent solutions". It is not my responsibility to find solutions for TG, but to say the least, they should give a more proper compensation and more satisfying explanations.

Also, once again, "ANY human action there is no 100% certainty" is a complete bs - refer to my earlier post. You cannot reduce this into a rigid dichotomy, some events are more uncertain than others and incidence of such events are correlated with the actions of humans. It is only expected to have higher uncertainty and high incidence of bugs (like, three game breaking bugs in the spam of 2 months) if the developers are incapable.

Noel, 8:13 PM

She breaks my heart, I break their armies

• It is not my responsibility to find solutions for TG, but to say the least, they should give a more proper compensation and more satisfying explanations.

100 gold as compensation to EVERY player on ALL servers that were involved is more then adequate compensation. Yeah we all lost a day where we could not build anything... It is equal to all; so fair as compensation...

As far as explanation? It can never be satisfying enough as there is crew for forum and ingame communication Minke  Ameno  Ridder Huma sharing the info they receive from tech guys.

All I know is that bugs appear more and more while they announce updates more and more. It used to be 1 update every 3-6 months and now it is more like 4 updates every week. So yeah, if they do not understand that this brings risks on basic codes that were programmed in 2005-2007 and have only been bandaged and not re-written... Guess it will happen more and more for the time they will be able to offer the game cost efficient... And that wont be long anymore ;)

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed . . .

History:

Dirty! (nl1/de1), Violence (nl4), Avoid (nl7), Bazen (nl4), MUG (nl2, nl5, nl4), Cocktail (nl6), Prandur/Camorra (nl2), Vandalen (nl5), Borgia (nl2) and many more not listed.

Valhalla, Carpe Diem (t3 .com classics), CS! 2017 finals (Croatia)

CUP 2018 finals, X3 2019 finals (Russia)

~ The special one... ~

• 100 gold as compensation to EVERY player on ALL servers that were involved is more then adequate compensation. Yeah we all lost a day where we could not build anything... It is equal to all; so fair as compensation...

As far as explanation? It can never be satisfying enough as there is crew for forum and ingame communication Minke  Ameno  Ridder Huma sharing the info they receive from tech guys.

All I know is that bugs appear more and more while they announce updates more and more. It used to be 1 update every 3-6 months and now it is more like 4 updates every week. So yeah, if they do not understand that this brings risks on basic codes that were programmed in 2005-2007 and have only been bandaged and not re-written... Guess it will happen more and more for the time they will be able to offer the game cost efficient... And that wont be long anymore ;)

So what you are saying is that 1 full day of our time/energy/sleep/planning and even some operations on servers = 100 gold worth for us? Lmao please, don't make me laugh.

On top of that it was not equal, some servers had a 2 day rollback and others had a 24hrs. + To top it off players are STILL waiting on responses on their tickets with solutions to problems which are very easily solved. (No the tickets were not ignored, however the responses were nothing less of pathetic) - I am speaking in regards to the group of individuals being paid under the table on the Balkan area.

At the end of the day, the TG screwed up, the solution was not the right one at all, and neither was the compensation. It was not in fact equal and at the end of the line- gold does not atone for everything else which has been wasted. More players ended up quitting the game (as if the servers haven't been dead already), and to the ones who.... Let's say- give a decent amount of funds towards enjoying the game etc, are still waiting on more Mature responses on tickets etc.... Good luck. Because from what I can see on some domains the customer service is a joke, and so are you to them.

Not saying all domains are like that, because I am not sure in regards to some, I can only speak in regards to spending a fair few servers and dealing with the 'team' who operates on the Balkan servers, and previously on their individual country domains.

The people here who use to work for TG or are a part of their community, in all reality you haven't justified anything, and your comments trying to protect and keep their name good are merely making us all laugh at you in your responses. We are all well aware of how that stuff works.

Yes programs may have bugs, no it isn't always a companies/organizations fault. However they should and are expected to bite the bullet and do their best to make the community happy, and obviously take the full hit of it. It is what it is, and that is how it works in the real world too. But the Community which is still around playing your game would rather you be honest, as well as do everything to keep us happy and stay in our good books, than be a continuous let down- which you have proven to be. ESPECIALLY with the certain few staff members which I am well aware and in the loop about. (Which of course- I won't label on here publicly), But you are fully aware of who you are @Balkan domain lmao

Forrest Gump 2018-2019 CN

NNoob- Ba2 2019-2020 CN

Yes Papi- Ba1 2020- current CN

baXus- Ba2 2020- current CN/300

• Another interesting thing I've noticed from this thread the way 'moderators' are going ham on those who are against TG or people who support TG lol. Tell what ELE does in game - message gets edited with 'accusations' title, even everyone knows that he does that and there are plenty of signs showing that... Say bad word on TG - instantly 'swear' edit... Any clear explanations what are swears or what are accusations, I even asked mod who edited that, no asnwer till now... Let's do what we need and let's ignore when someone is trying to get clarification or some basic answers.

I really enjoy such forums where even 'moderators' are going way more subjective in some topics compared to others... AERIA GAMES had moderators like that, now Travian Games have them. Best part is that all the forums that are related to P2W games have that kind of moderators who are prefering to hide to truth and basicly get rid of people who are going against the system and support those who are defending the system blindly.

And people who are supporting this kind of things, like ELE or BB, are obviously getting various perks for that. I doubt they don't get in touch with TG, because they see them as 'influencers' that noone likes, but can TG use them to spread their ideology and basicly get masses to follow them lol.

Topics like this will never change anything when TG don't want to change, they just want to make easy money from this game and put zero effort to it, probly that's why they are keeping everything so as it was from day one and adding multiple "P2W" stuff in the progress. Why not to make servers/scenarios that would be not affected by gold? Why not to make servers/scenarios where multi-accounting and other rule breaking would have no use? Nah let's keep everything the way we intended to make most profit out of it untill we shut down and go to another easy web browser game, which is identical and has no new stuff, but has different title.

• Even I who has a ton more access don't know everything they might be working on.

And people who are supporting this kind of things, like ELE or BB, are obviously getting various perks for that. I doubt they don't get in touch with TG, because they see them as 'influencers' that noone likes, but can TG use them to spread their ideology and basicly get masses to follow them lol.

Of course they do get in touch with TG. You just have to read carefully what they write. And when it gets them in the tough spot they use the good old privacy policy to hide. They are called ambassadors, but instead of representing the players who voted for them and secured them that place, they sing to TG tune. I wonder why? :/

Let's do what we need and let's ignore when someone is trying to get clarification or some basic answers.

Yep, happens all the time. I've noticed that you can expect the fastest response from mods if you criticize TG. So to get their attention and actually check something you need, you just have to start bashing TG ;) They are not all bad, just need a bit of incentive.

"...If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools..."

~That's a fine looking high horse~

• I don't know. Why?

You can start.

• Yes, continue.

• Artworks in general is P2W item, because donors are paying hundreds worth of gold to get them. And add cap removal, is just another way they can get more profit from it... Because Travian gets paid more according to the views the adds get.

• He did say "close the gap between" as in reduce it, not cancel it. At least that's how I read it. It's still p2w. Those features only serve to spin the story how they are trying to do something for non-golders. Until they realize they need to buy at least some gold :)

Artwork limit is a big deal, I agree, but between gold users. Non-gold users can't afford artworks in the beginning anyway. Only through adventures. And they usually sell it to get gold club and maybe some hero gear.

Ads can't compete with insta build and never will. They can save you some gold with starting levels. Still, it's closing the gap between heavy golders and moderate golders. No golders don't have much to look forward to here.

Anything else? :)

• You are by far the biggest dingbat on these forums. I would rather answer a thousand questions from Alan.pipes than read what you write daily. Those “edited” actions are easily explainable, because you broke forum rules, derp. And yes, I’m going to get edited by subjective mods going ham 🙄.

..And that is the Final Word.

Post was edited 1 time, last by Playingwithfire ().