Reasons not to play Travian!

• 100 gold as compensation to EVERY player on ALL servers that were involved is more then adequate compensation. Yeah we all lost a day where we could not build anything... It is equal to all; so fair as compensation...

It's not about the time I spent not building things, but the time I spent building things and raiding the day before. If the problems were caused by a maintenance update, why were the backups over 30 hours before the update? Why not create a restore point immediately before making changes? The thing that upsets me the most is that they didn't roll back to the point of the screwup, but so far before.

• bcs they make backup on database once every xx hours? Not every xx minutes??

Yeah, I have lost same time simming villages as you?

OUD: Dirty! (nl1/de1), Violence (nl4), Avoid (nl7), Bazen (nl4), MUG (nl2, nl5, nl4), Cocktail (nl6), Prandur/Camorra (nl2), Vandalen (nl5), Borgia (nl2), Valhalla/Carpe Diem (.com), CS! 2017 finals, Cup 2018 finals

• Regarding rollback itself, it's not a rocket science to make a backup right before the update, but what's the point of doing that when you have a backup which is half a day old or older that you can use. It's probly easier to annoy all the players with the loss of their time instead of implementing basic precaution before the update. After all, they will spend their money if game works or not.

Atėjau, pamačiau, sugrioviau...

Post was edited 1 time, last by playingwithfire: insults to staff ().

• Or you logic is based on false axioms, the same as the statement about back up. If you bothered to read the explanation TG provided you would know there was no update. You seem to be under delusion that if you repeat something enough times it will become true. Dangerous path. MindFreak_LT

• Or you logic is based on false axioms, the same as the statement about back up. If you bothered to read the explanation TG provided you would know there was no update. You seem to be under delusion that if you repeat something enough times it will become true. Dangerous path. MindFreak_LT

Sure, server out of nowhere just went nuts and Natars disappeared, multiple people got deleted. Casual stuff, happens daily. If you see this as some sort of "delusion", just please leave and ignore this thread instead of boosting your forums ego for nothing. At that time mostly updates happen, major ir minor doesn't matter, game doesn't crash out of nowhere for no reason, there was an update and it screwed up things hard. As publisher you can state whatever you want, because noone beside internal people will know the real truth.

And again "insults to staff" with not a single insult, just stating that they are abusing their power. Huh. playingwithfire check your PMs and it would be nice if you've replied, because I don't want to waste my time writing and replying emails.

Post was edited 4 times, last by MindFreak_LT ().

• Even if what they've said was the real case... Then we probably should expect more and more often occurance of these events? If they have no control over the game mechanics and their "hotfixes" ruin things even more.. Why not to rewrite everything from zero and get Travian 4.5 that doesn't have SUCH critical bugs...

But the best part of that 'announcement as you say' is that, I quote:

You might think that giving out Gold as compensation has no impact on us since it is virtual currency we introduced in the game, but the value of Gold is indeed connected to the service we provide of keeping a live game up and running. It is a big loss that we cannot take lightly.

They do worry about "not transferable" gold that will be used in a day or two and doesn't even cover small part of those people who spend thousands for it...

Instead of "yes we learned from our mistakes and we will try our best never again to have such issues we will do this and that according to our plan that we made during this crisis" nah let's complain that our business gave out pixels that won't get covered by a server or two by those same players...

Business is important, but if they won't learn a single thing, they should either shut down the game or look for someone who can take control of this chaotic mess and do a proper developer/publisher after all... 2019, close to 2020, but it feels like we are in 2000's or so where technologies are outdated and no way to develop games....

• I can't choose what's lamer in that blog post. The "we were sitting casually playing travian when all hell broke loose" part or the gold part that you quotted. Dear Travian Games, we know very well the value of the gold since we are paying for it. :rolleyes:

I'd be really interested to see statistics about the age of the players. I haven't met many kids while playing it.

"...If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools..."

• If you bothered to read the explanation TG provided you would know there was no update.

Incorret. An error occured (accounts weren't being deleted fully) - though what exactly caused it is not clear (I guess TG might not even know themselves). They then rolled out an update to fix the issue. It was this update that triggered the deletion of natars and active players.

Anyway, it was nice to see the post from TG, after all. At least we got some insight into what went wrong, and what the decision-making process was like. It's a vast improvement over previous times.

• I can't stop playing Travian, I'm an addict. It has become a "pay to win" browser game, but at least I have more money than I had 10 years ago, when I started playing.

Rollback was really bad, but what can you do about it? I was pissed too, it made me mad. And I do blame the devs for the bug. But they're people too, and people make mistakes. All the time.

I have only a couple or requests for the staff. Please don't make any more tribes, the game was fun because it was simple. And please make a Legends server without the Hero, I hate him. Him/her and his/hers ugly clothes and weapons and stuff. I hate him. It was a better game without him.

Now y'all need a tall glass of beer. Not more coffee or tea. That sh*t ain't healthy.

Alep ba6

Koki ba2

Post was edited 1 time, last by playingwithfire: removed swear ().

• Oki, so getting back to the point my point about moderators abusing their powers in some sort of 'mysterious point system' that probably never gets applied or gets applied only against some users they don't like... and the point system is so 'magic' that you will never understand how one message gets you banned when other people insults others constantly and gets nothing for doing that.

Can you provide some sort of 'paid model' where I can buy some VIP perk or something to get less points or never get them like some people do?

• Dear Diary,

Today Travian has launched an update. Game became so 'well tested' that it takes whole refresh to get proper amount of resources in warehouse or granary. Not mentioning huge lag that's around all the servers. I was thinking something has changed, but it didn't. Testers haven't tested the update and messed up something. Thanks God Natars are still there or we could get 48 hour maitenance for a rollback. I was about to buy some Gold with my poor wage, but decided not to and to buy better something to play like a video game, it was way cheaper andp rovided me more joy compared to pixelated gold that gets spend in less than a day. Now I'm waiting for another update, I hope they will fix current mess and won't screw up something else. I wish I was working there, maybe I could teach how to do a proper testing of an update, it's not that hard after all.

• if you write every time about bug you are on page 11.325 or past already?

OUD: Dirty! (nl1/de1), Violence (nl4), Avoid (nl7), Bazen (nl4), MUG (nl2, nl5, nl4), Cocktail (nl6), Prandur/Camorra (nl2), Vandalen (nl5), Borgia (nl2), Valhalla/Carpe Diem (.com), CS! 2017 finals, Cup 2018 finals

• Aww, they removed my post ?( TG doesn't approve of popcorn? Was gif of bad quality? I posted from phone so maybe that was the reason. Oh well... I see I made a good choice to stop playing. I'll keep an eye here just in case things get better :S

"...If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools..."